Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686035 times)

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2955 on: October 23, 2017, 02:31:44 pm »

Is there any way to get an animal to graze on trees?  Or, I mean, just eat trees in general.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: October 24, 2017, 09:18:25 am »

Not at the moment no, but toady has mentioned he wants to do that next time something grazing related comes up iirc.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: November 07, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »

If a sentient is transformed into a nonsentient, what happens? (eg dwarf to dog) Are they still treated like sentients or more like pets?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2958 on: November 07, 2017, 04:20:08 pm »

They are treated as unintelligent creatures. Since the PET tag settings don't transfer (IE if they're on they are on, if they're off they are off)
But since going from INTELLIGENT (CAN_LEARN,CAN_SPEAK) to a creature that lacks it, they will not have those tags. Unless that SYNDROME also adds those tags to make an Intelligent Dog
EDIT
But since they are also still considered a part of an Entity (full citizen) they will also have some protection for being a member of society

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: November 07, 2017, 05:13:32 pm »

is it possible to turn a dwarf into a wagon without the tag that makes it scuttle

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: November 07, 2017, 05:26:17 pm »

Well I have never tried it, but I imagine it'd just be a 1x1 tile wagon and not a real equipment wagon

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: November 07, 2017, 08:22:16 pm »

Is there a way to make civs in world gen establish sites in good or evil regions?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: November 07, 2017, 08:24:36 pm »

As far as I know, no. Altho I think sometimes their sites near a EVIL/GOOD biome can bleed into it, allowing elves to more or less make use of their good pets, or gobbos with beak dogs

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: November 07, 2017, 09:51:28 pm »

Can I make a creature recede into it's shell, and still have an attack available? Or better yet, only have it available as such? Like so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2964 on: November 08, 2017, 01:38:00 pm »

Quick question about fire immunity - has anyone come across a bug where the blood or other fluids from the fire immune creature heat up super fast and cause melting damage to whoever is covered with them?

I've been messing with materials and hoping to have fire immunity without that issue. Can't seem to find a solution, though. I'm making infinite draconians, but in their case I only want a syndrome breath - regardless of what I do, it also causes melting damage, which is not intended.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:39:43 pm by ZM5 »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: November 08, 2017, 02:50:17 pm »

Quick question about fire immunity - has anyone come across a bug where the blood or other fluids from the fire immune creature heat up super fast and cause melting damage to whoever is covered with them?

I've been messing with materials and hoping to have fire immunity without that issue. Can't seem to find a solution, though. I'm making infinite draconians, but in their case I only want a syndrome breath - regardless of what I do, it also causes melting damage, which is not intended.
Sounds like you set the creature's materials to have a high melting point without making an exception for the stuff you wanted to be liquid at room temperature. If a material can only be liquid above 30000 degrees Urist, that's the temperature it will come out at.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: November 09, 2017, 04:49:49 pm »

is it possible to turn a dwarf into a wagon without the tag that makes it scuttle
you need to turn them into an animalman variation type that some how prevents them from scuttling... in adventure mode.

fort mode uhh just instant scuttles them
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: November 09, 2017, 07:07:55 pm »

Can I make a creature recede into it's shell, and still have an attack available? Or better yet, only have it available as such? Like so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe, if you give the shell an attack.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2968 on: November 11, 2017, 06:00:22 pm »

How do I make a reaction use non-specific nervous tissue as an ingredient?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: November 11, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »

Yeah... that's the eternal issue with body components. The templates provide a starting point, but there is no such thing as a "platonic" nerve that you could point to as a material. That's why reactions have the big pile of different [ANY_x_MATERIAL] tags to circumvent that for everything plausible, but the "any nerve material" scenario doesn't get an exception like that.

The most reasonable approach would probably be reaction classes. Add [REACTION_CLASS:NERVE] to the material template of nerves and then have the reagent item be a [NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE] wildcard that calls only that reaction class to identify itself.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 372