Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686228 times)

mradam5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2775 on: July 30, 2017, 03:50:14 pm »

I have a few questions

1) Is it possible to have a creatures blood inflict an interaction or do i just have to put the effects of the interaction

2) i want to create a creature covered in fire i have what i did below but it doesn't light the grass it walks on on fire
Code: [Select]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FLAME:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FLAME]
3) Does the [IMMOLATE] tag do anything

4)is there a way to make interaction that will always transform into a creature but randomize witch caste they will transform into

5) How could i make a creature have magma blood that keeps the temperature of magma

You can set the blood of a creature to any material you like. Just make a custom material and attach a syndrome to it.
yeah i tried to do it but i cant get it to work
i tried this
[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:BLOOD:START:0]
[CE:INTERACTION:BLOOD_DRUNK_CURSE_BS]
but it didnt work then i tried
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BLOOD_DRUNK_CURSE_DB]and that didnt work

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: July 30, 2017, 05:02:52 pm »

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
    [CDI:INTERACTION:BLOOD_DRUNK_CURSE_DB]

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: August 01, 2017, 04:20:50 pm »

Is there any way to hide a civ from the neighbors view without giving it CAVE as default site? I assumed that's what SKULKING did, but apparently not (What exactly does SKULKING do? Wiki entry seems to start mid-sentence).

Also, if a civ made up mainly of creatures with UTTERANCES has a caste which doesn't, will it cause them to fight each other when you go visit in Adventurer, or will they remember they're on the same side?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 01, 2017, 09:12:11 pm »

(What exactly does SKULKING do? Wiki entry seems to start mid-sentence).

? wiki says "This makes the severity of attacks depend on the extent of item/baby thievery rather than the passage of time. Designed to go with ITEM_THIEF, may or may not work with BABYSNATCHER."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: August 01, 2017, 10:18:12 pm »

(What exactly does SKULKING do? Wiki entry seems to start mid-sentence).

? wiki says "This makes the severity of attacks depend on the extent of item/baby thievery rather than the passage of time. Designed to go with ITEM_THIEF, may or may not work with BABYSNATCHER."
So, to work out what this sentence means. By adding Skulking to a civ, the severity of an attack (to be understood as a thief attack, or an ambush? And what does severity mean? How many thieves they send?) depends on "the extent of item thievery" (meaning how much they've stolen in the past? How much they could possibly steal this time?).

It doesn't make sense as a description of what the tag SKULKING is for and seems to have been copy-pasted from somewhere with more context.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:42:14 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: August 01, 2017, 10:53:47 pm »

I can't imagine what "severity of attacks" could possibly mean besides how many kobolds are sent and I can't imagine what "extent of thievery" means besides how much stuff/value is stolen. The whole thing seems perfectly logical to me.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: August 02, 2017, 12:02:30 am »

I can't imagine what "severity of attacks" could possibly mean besides how many kobolds are sent and I can't imagine what "extent of thievery" means besides how much stuff/value is stolen. The whole thing seems perfectly logical to me.
So if a civ has SKULKING, the number of thieves they send depends on the amount of stuff they'll steal? Is that based on fortress wealth?

And if they don't have skulking? Or does item_thief break without it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: August 02, 2017, 01:08:32 am »

The number of thieves are sent in sieges, ambushes and stealing attempts, yeah. It's based on stolen wealth, thus "extent of thievery". If they don't have skulking, it's probably based specifically on fortress wealth.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: August 02, 2017, 01:15:37 am »

The number of thieves are sent in sieges, ambushes and stealing attempts, yeah. It's based on stolen wealth, thus "extent of thievery". If they don't have skulking, it's probably based specifically on fortress wealth.
Ah, so it's based on past stolen wealth? That makes more sense now. The more they manage to steal, the braver they become next time. OK.

Urist MCtimestopper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: August 06, 2017, 01:51:00 pm »

Hi, new to modding there.
I wan't to make one of creatures attack to cause damaged creature to take three times as much of damage.
I tried to make an syndrome with "CE_ATTACK_FORCE_MULTIPLAYER:FORCE_MULT:3:1", attached to said creature and spread after piercing attack tears down skin, but it seems it just doesnt work.
Is there any other way around?

Urist MCtimestopper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: August 06, 2017, 04:17:36 pm »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: August 06, 2017, 08:22:06 pm »

Even that's not right. It's [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:a:b:START:0].

What you probably want is the creature token [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:a:b]

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: August 07, 2017, 01:51:41 am »

Woops made a topic rather than seeing that there was a thread
Def wanting any help possible on this. Help me have little Kobold Neighborhoods in my fort haha

Hi there, really enthused by the latest version, but I am wondering if there are any ways I can mod my game so that I'm able to either embark with, or add Kobolds to my fort as a stable sort of thing. In the past I've achieved it by giving them [pet] tags, but with the new update I'm hopeful I can create Dorf Forts that have active Kobold pops that ensure Kobolds are a part of the world for more than just the first 300 years
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 372