Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686551 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2490 on: February 08, 2017, 03:27:26 am »

If a token is not listed on current wiki pages, it does not exist in current versions.

Wiki pages are usually well kept but not 100% factual in the full scope of its presentation, the specific function of [USE_MINOR_METALS] is specific to restricting the race to 'low grade' copper tools etc isn't really directly replaced by any particular tag other than the ability to set permitted reactions & localized metal production in world activation based on metal deposits.

Such example there isn't a detailed page for symbols (the types, given there is a good/evil and some other discernible ones) because it relies entirely on wiki input & player knowledge. Nobody so far observably has pooled together enough information on the subject to clearly link the word associations, pool of words & how to apply them to the entity token definition properly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: February 08, 2017, 04:52:50 am »

Primarily because symbols are entirely in the raws in language_SYM.txt.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: February 08, 2017, 02:11:05 pm »

How would I make a reaction that creates a bar of "soulsteel" using pig iron and two bones, and how would I make a reaction that creates a mace out of this soulsteel? If anyone can help with templates and the like, I'd greatly appreciate it.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: February 08, 2017, 02:27:41 pm »

Pulling specific numbers of bones is a pain, I gave up and just added an intermediary step to produce a cleaned_bone or separated_bone tool which you can then specify an exact number of as desired, if there is a way to pull 3 bones out of a stack of dragon bones (253) I'd love to hear it.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: February 08, 2017, 04:03:50 pm »

Pulling specific numbers of bones is a pain, I gave up and just added an intermediary step to produce a cleaned_bone or separated_bone tool which you can then specify an exact number of as desired, if there is a way to pull 3 bones out of a stack of dragon bones (253) I'd love to hear it.

How would I add that intermediary step, and how would I use it to create a weapon? (For instance, creating a steel whip out of two cleaned bones and a bar of steel)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: February 10, 2017, 03:43:21 pm »

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN]
[NAME:cleaned bone:cleaned bones]
[VALUE:10]
[TILE:253]
[SIZE:300]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[REACTION:CLEAN_BONES_ADV]
[NAME:separate bones]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:tool:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT][HAS_EDGE]
[REAGENT:bones:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bones:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

[REACTION:SOULSTEEL_MAKING]
[NAME:make soulsteel bar]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:PIG_IRON]
[REAGENT:B:2:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:C:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SOULSTEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]
You get the general idea.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: February 10, 2017, 10:12:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN]
[NAME:cleaned bone:cleaned bones]
[VALUE:10]
[TILE:253]
[SIZE:300]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[REACTION:CLEAN_BONES_ADV]
[NAME:separate bones]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:tool:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT][HAS_EDGE]
[REAGENT:bones:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bones:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

[REACTION:SOULSTEEL_MAKING]
[NAME:make soulsteel bar]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:PIG_IRON]
[REAGENT:B:2:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:C:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SOULSTEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]
You get the general idea.

Thanks!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: February 11, 2017, 03:53:35 am »

Not a prob, anybody got an idea how to make something where the ruler of an entity winds up being a specific creature or having a specific interaction used on them?

Is the behavior where creatures with [POWER] will take over a goblin civ as their own identity due to them lacking a religion or is that a dark fortress linked behavior?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: February 11, 2017, 04:04:07 am »

Demons used to be able to lead human civs by impersonating deities with the associated spheres. That might still work.

We don't really have fine control over ensuring specific creatures end up in power in a civ. You could make the entity position require a specific creature and caste to qualify, I guess.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: February 11, 2017, 06:44:51 am »

I've gone through all sorts of contortions there, they'll end up in charge sometimes but then one or two wind up in the completely wrong spots.

Went so far as to completely forbid everything else with REJECTED_CREATURE:creature:caste and REJECTED_CLASS:class for all the iterations, plus ALLOWED_CLASS:class and ALLOWED_CREATURE:creature:caste for the only one that should be there.

I've got the sphere alignment set so they are completely opposed to the relevant spheres I want blocked, and fully aligned with the intended leader sphere, even went and shuffled them so I could have proper friend/foe type sphere relationships like peace/war and whatnot, to see if I could influence it by aligning them with all the oppositional spheres+the desired sphere, still get one or two that wind up in the wrong places.

It would be easier if I could have the game see "ok, this is the king of this civ, so this interaction runs and turns them into this critter" without having to go through dfhack methods to achieve that effect.

I'll keep pondering, oh yeah, is it the combination of supernatural learning+mundane learning+mundane recording that makes secret learners go out and build a tower?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: February 11, 2017, 07:07:25 am »

Not a prob, anybody got an idea how to make something where the ruler of an entity winds up being a specific creature or having a specific interaction used on them?

Is the behavior where creatures with [POWER] will take over a goblin civ as their own identity due to them lacking a religion or is that a dark fortress linked behavior?

Adding a relevant religion to goblins makes no difference really but does affect the type of demons that appear

War, Chaos, Torture, Thralldom etc. Since the associated god will help them rise up the dark-tower (with a little flavour text like "so that war may rage forever") but in the absence of a strong leader (after the demon gets bumped off) a mega creature can take over the position from a goblin if they exist within a compatible sphere.

The religion whether its non-official or not (goblin pantheons will be affected by pantheons of other civs) will be relevant to its selection, however i haven't seen any mention of mega-beasts idolized lately so the behavior might be bugged. If a goblin civ gets 'infected' with a fire religion a dragon can come in and claim the site.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: February 11, 2017, 09:10:10 pm »

I mean I added [POWER] and they are fond of taking over goblin civs without pretending to be a deity.

Usually you see a dragon pretending to be a god in a town or something, in a dark fortress they're just straight up a dragon.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: February 12, 2017, 07:07:12 am »

Im making a mod where a single creature has a lot of different castes
In the mod I'd like to make castes be able to do different things and to use certain buildings
I dont know if this is possible, with some kind of modding magic, but I think I have found a way to make it work, some guy pointed something similar in the FoFt
If I make a certain entity, and asign all of the 'castes' as different creatures, they will live in the same fort, right? or atleast the possibility will be there, right?
Sure, they wont reproduce with each race, but that's the easiest way to have different kinds of sentients with different abilities and powers live in the same fortress, right?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: February 12, 2017, 07:09:36 am »

If you put them all into the same entity it will only use one per civilization spawned

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: February 12, 2017, 07:20:59 am »

If you put them all into the same entity it will only use one per civilization spawned
yeah, but if several civs are spawned, you can get migrants from other civs, and they will be benign right?
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 372