Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686515 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2505 on: February 12, 2017, 02:00:16 pm »

So why is the game not recognizing [EXTRAVISON] despite the wiki saying it exists?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2506 on: February 12, 2017, 05:07:04 pm »

Gotta ask - is it possible to have a creature that comes from the underground and has an announcement similar to how Forgotten Beasts do? Wiki says [FEATURE_BEAST] cannot be defined in user raws so is there any workaround?

papyrus_eel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: February 14, 2017, 12:55:31 pm »

I did a dynamic keyword search for *lever in the raws and could not find it. Can someone spot me the raws for levers? I'd like to set levers to be able to link to other levers. This is hugely important. This allows for master and slave control switches. It's currently possible to do the same thing by programming architecturally, putting 1 lever at the end of a corridor and filling that corridor with pressure plates, but that's procedural as all hell and really annoying (plus it needs a dynamic entrance to prevent the lever puller from resetting all the pressure plates when he leaves).

It's also annoying to set up mixed state levers. For example, when the main gate closes, the door to the trap filled maze should open, but single levers can only send an open or close signal, and cannot maintain a mixed state, but hypothetically two levers controlled by a single lever should be able to have open and closed states at the same time, because the original open/close only corresponds to the the direction of the target lever. ( i honestly need to test this, it's possible that it could force the down chain levers to the same state regardless)

tl;dr I'm looking for a way to send a "clopen" or close-open signal.

How do you guys usually split your signals, btw?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:03:21 pm by papyrus_eel »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:59 pm »

Levers are built in to DF and cannot be modded at all (at least not in raws - it could be possible to do some of that with DFHack).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: February 14, 2017, 06:48:40 pm »

Im making a mod where a single creature has a lot of different castes
In the mod I'd like to make castes be able to do different things and to use certain buildings
I dont know if this is possible, with some kind of modding magic, but I think I have found a way to make it work, some guy pointed something similar in the FoFt
If I make a certain entity, and asign all of the 'castes' as different creatures, they will live in the same fort, right? or atleast the possibility will be there, right?
Sure, they wont reproduce with each race, but that's the easiest way to have different kinds of sentients with different abilities and powers live in the same fortress, right?
Nope. More creatures in the same entity means that it can spawn with one OR the other creature. Not both. You might try to work with natural skill on the caste in something not toggleable and force the reaction to use that skill. But this way might be limited too
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Tarsius

• Bay Watcher
  • this is something that shows up below your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: February 15, 2017, 05:52:12 pm »

1) in creature raw, in the end of APPLY_CREATURE VARIATION:STANDARD_<movement type>_GAITS tokens, there are 6 numbers separated by colon, what those numbers mean...?

2) in c_variation_default.txt, in the [CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_<movement type>_GAITS], what !ARG4, !ARG3, etc. mean?

thanks....
and this is something that shows up below your post

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: February 15, 2017, 06:46:20 pm »

1) in creature raw, in the end of APPLY_CREATURE VARIATION:STANDARD_<movement type>_GAITS tokens, there are 6 numbers separated by colon, what those numbers mean...?

2) in c_variation_default.txt, in the [CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_<movement type>_GAITS], what !ARG4, !ARG3, etc. mean?

thanks....

It says what the numbers mean in raw/examples and notes/gaits.txt

Your questions actually answer each other. The !ARGs refer to the numbers you see in the creature raws and the numbers fill in the !ARGs.

Tarsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: February 16, 2017, 04:27:22 am »

so, to get the speed i want, i just copy and paste the numbers listed in raw/examples and notes/gaits.txt?

but what if I don't use those numbers, but use entirely different numbers, will it break the game?

thanks

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: February 16, 2017, 05:03:04 am »

To be slightly more helpful:
walking speed:jogging speed:running speed:sprinting speed:slow walk:slowest walk

10000 will make you move at 0.099 I think, and setting it below 100 doesn't matter, or does it reverse the effects and go from slowest: 99 to fastest: 0? I never messed with that but I've seen it in some other raws.

Putting a gait at 100 with normal creature attributes and flags will have you moving from something like 4.4 to 6.6 Spd in adventure mode generally, but it's easier to use syndromes for speed fuckery with [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:x:START:0] and dropping whatever multiple you want in there, 0 to make them a bunch of lardasses, 3000 or 4000+ to have them zip around like a bunch of Matrix wannabes.

Tarsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: February 17, 2017, 09:51:46 am »

so, I managed to mod in a new creature with new tissue and material, able to spawn it in the arena, and able to look at it without causing the game to crash, but i still got some error messages in the errorlog.txt
Spoiler: raws (click to show/hide)

and the errorlog.txt:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_other.txt"
SLIME Color Mod Ending With (GRAY,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SLIME
undefined local creature material set to default: SLIME SLIME_MATERIAL
SLIME:FEMALE:body, layer 1: Tissue SLIME_TISSUE was not found, using first tissue instead
SLIME:MALE:body, layer 1: Tissue SLIME_TISSUE was not found, using first tissue instead

so, what those error messages mean? what are the causes and how can I fix it?

thanks a lot in advance....

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: February 17, 2017, 06:34:34 pm »

You want ADD_MATERIAL:SLIME_MATERIAL:SLIME_MATERIAL and ADD_TISSUE:SLIME_TISSUE:SLIME_TISSUE, not ADD_MATERIAL:SLIME:SLIME_MATERIAL and ADD_MATERIAL:SLIME:SLIME_TISSUE.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #2516 on: February 21, 2017, 10:41:50 am »

Does anybody know the coin's raw? Or reaction ID?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: February 21, 2017, 02:51:05 pm »

They aren't out in raws really besides the entity slots, I've never tried making a coin with a reaction either actually, but I did play around with stuff like changing the different entities when I added/varied them more and had like, deep dwarves with adamantine/platinum/steel, elves with petrified wood/bituminous coal/obsidian, humans with rose gold/iron/bismuth I think, and gobs using iron/lead/copper or something like that?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:35 am »

So why is the game not recognizing [EXTRAVISON] despite the wiki saying it exists?

Ya misspelled it.

[EXTRAVISION], not [EXTRAVISON].
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 372