Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686620 times)

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2355 on: January 05, 2017, 05:43:10 pm »

Hi, Im pretty new to anything modding related, but here I go

I created a custom race, that is basically like dwarves but bigger and even more alcohol related
For now, the only thing they do is add an inebriation syndrome when they scractch someone, but even that is giving me problems

My first question is if I can, somehow, aument the effect of the atack (injecting more alcohol in the victim) by giving several stabs on the enemey
What I want to achieve is the similarity between drinking and atacking an enemy, making him drunker the more I atack him
That gives me more control over how can I manage a fight, making the enemy miss a couple of atacks by being a little dizzy, or fall to the ground having an OD because I gave them the equivalent of a barrel of vodka
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:46:41 pm by Rubik »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: January 05, 2017, 06:08:29 pm »

From the attack definition in the raws for adders:
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM:LIQUID:100:100]

Those last two variables in that string define the minimum and maximum quantity of venom injected into the target each time the target is struck. SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:x:x is a tag that can be applied to the syndrome itself that does roughly the same thing. Every time you attack the target you're increasing the concentration of that syndrome in their blood (I'm not sure if there's an upper limit, but beyond a certain point they should be experiencing all possible symptoms). If the symptoms of the syndrome have SIZE_DILUTES then larger creatures will need to be exposed to larger quantities of the toxin to attain the same effects. SIZE_DELAYS will increase the time it takes for symptoms to show up, as the creature's size increases, but it's not used in the material template for alcohol in the vanilla game.

Every time you scratch them you should be increasing the amount of alcohol in their veins as it is. Keep in mind though that the symptoms of inebriation take a few minutes to hours to show up, so to get them really drunk really fast you might need to inject them with A LOT of the stuff. The rate at which you inject alcohol depends on how rapidly you can repeat that attack, and how frequently the attack breaks the skin (if it doesnt break the skin, it's not going to be injected into their blood stream)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: January 05, 2017, 06:47:00 pm »

From the attack definition in the raws for adders:

Those last two variables in that string define the minimum and maximum quantity of venom injected into the target each time the target is struck. SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:x:x is a tag that can be applied to the syndrome itself that does roughly the same thing. Every time you attack the target you're increasing the concentration of that syndrome in their blood (I'm not sure if there's an upper limit, but beyond a certain point they should be experiencing all possible symptoms). If the symptoms of the syndrome have SIZE_DILUTES then larger creatures will need to be exposed to larger quantities of the toxin to attain the same effects. SIZE_DELAYS will increase the time it takes for symptoms to show up, as the creature's size increases, but it's not used in the material template for alcohol in the vanilla game.

Every time you scratch them you should be increasing the amount of alcohol in their veins as it is. Keep in mind though that the symptoms of inebriation take a few minutes to hours to show up, so to get them really drunk really fast you might need to inject them with A LOT of the stuff. The rate at which you inject alcohol depends on how rapidly you can repeat that attack, and how frequently the attack breaks the skin (if it doesnt break the skin, it's not going to be injected into their blood stream)

ohhhhh, thanks thats gonna be it

the wiki was really not clear about

by the way,  thats random right? I cannot directly control how much alcohol I inject right?
or would
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM:LIQUID:50:50]
work?

And how much does a dose mean comparated to drinks?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: January 05, 2017, 07:14:42 pm »

By setting the minimum and maximum to the same value, that ensures that quantity is always used, yes. Otherwise, if they differ, it will be a random value between those two. I really don't know how injections compare to drinks. If we assume the same units, and the default plant alcohol template has [SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000], then consuming one drink provides a quantity between 100 and 1000, and your attack would inject whatever you set it at. You could use the same values as for the syndrome, I suppose.

I have no idea if one overrides the other, really...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:17:37 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: January 05, 2017, 07:52:49 pm »

By setting the minimum and maximum to the same value, that ensures that quantity is always used, yes. Otherwise, if they differ, it will be a random value between those two. I really don't know how injections compare to drinks. If we assume the same units, and the default plant alcohol template has [SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000], then consuming one drink provides a quantity between 100 and 1000, and your attack would inject whatever you set it at. You could use the same values as for the syndrome, I suppose.

I have no idea if one overrides the other, really...

Its pretty interesting to test the inebriation syndrome anyways

I changed my blood to use creature_alcohol (as no creatures use that template, I can fiddle with it without screwing up the plant_alcohol_template) and I got an interesting discovery
Every time I dosed someone, they would quicly suffer the effects of the syndrome(nausea, dizziness) and then they would pass out and die
If I drank one splatter of ''blood'', I would only get dizzy
two and I would get dizzy and nauseated
three and I would get dizzy, nauseated, and pass out, but not die

Glad to see you can properly manage syndrome usage in the game, I was afraid the syntax couldnt do what I wanted, and I had to resort to use PROB:X to avoid certain synptoms to ocurr

Okay, more questions
To keep up my roleplay, I want the alcohol this race injects on other people to be 'substracted from their own bloodstream, as the blood was replaced with the same substance they use in atacks
Can this be done?
I know that the [CE_Vomit/cough blood] does something similar to this
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:38:54 pm by Rubik »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: January 06, 2017, 02:14:40 am »

I'm not aware of any good way to do what you're asking for there, no.
I make Spellcrafts!

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: January 06, 2017, 11:31:35 am »

Well, I'll try to find something

More stuff, How does exactly the liver's size affect the 'depuration' of alcohol
Does it work on every syndrome?

In the same vein, is the tag that makes dwarves alcohol dependant hardcoded, or can you use it so they depend on any substance you want?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:33:49 am by Rubik »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: January 06, 2017, 11:41:52 am »

The liver doesn't actually do anything still, but there is a tag dwarves have which reduces their susceptibility to inebriation. Id look through their raws to find it. The tag that makes them alcohol dependent.is hardcoded though. There are no other tags that do that
I make Spellcrafts!

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: January 06, 2017, 01:57:27 pm »

Oh, that's a shame. Has Toady ever said something on making organs actually serve a purpose?

How does this tag recognize alcohol? If I changed any characteristics on the raw template, but I called it alcohol anyway, would it still work?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: January 06, 2017, 06:04:55 pm »

the tag is literally ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT and recognizes alcohol by the PLANT_ALCOHOL or similar tag

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: January 06, 2017, 06:49:54 pm »

the tag is literally ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT and recognizes alcohol by the PLANT_ALCOHOL or similar tag

thanks putnam

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: January 07, 2017, 09:50:52 am »

Oh, that's a shame. Has Toady ever said something on making organs actually serve a purpose?

How does this tag recognize alcohol? If I changed any characteristics on the raw template, but I called it alcohol anyway, would it still work?

All of them do actually, but its just a bit of a challenge to address toxicity given that most intoxicants are very generic for alcohol and mostly it wouldn't be the job of all the poisons & passive environmental things, so no functional livers yet. Heart & lungs for breathing and pumping blood, brain for centre of thought etc.

All of those tags can be found on the 'body_default' raw file, for example

Code: [Select]
[BODY:SPINE]
[BP:UPPERSPINE:middle spine:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][NERVOUS][INTERNAL][SMALL][SKELETON][CATEGORY:SPINE]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE]
[BP:LOWERSPINE:lower spine:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][NERVOUS][INTERNAL][SMALL][SKELETON][CONNECTOR][CATEGORY:SPINE]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE]

Mr. Woolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: January 07, 2017, 10:43:58 am »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but I've recently found out about something called MuSkin on the internet, a leather made from mushrooms. I haven't had any luck making a crop tannable, or modifying plump helmets to work either. I tried making another reaction type and I'm having no luck there. If this thread isn't the right place for this question does anyone know what thread I should go to?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: January 07, 2017, 11:22:44 am »

So, I'm trying to make a smilodon mod, how would I go about giving it two large upper canine teeth

Mr. Woolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: January 07, 2017, 11:51:53 am »

Scourge728

try this:
in the creatures raws:
[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY:BASIC_HEAD:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS:RIBCAGE]

In the body default raws:
[BODY:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS]
   [BP:TOOTH:tooth:teeth][CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:TOOTH][NUMBER:28][SOCKET][SMALL]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1]
   [BP:R_FANG:right fang:right fangs][CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:TOOTH][SOCKET][SMALL]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:10]
   [BP:L_FANG:left fang:left fangs][CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:TOOTH][SOCKET][SMALL]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:10]

you could try giving it the GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS making a BP for canines and the tag could be GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_CANINES, or try using talons as GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_TALONS. you would need to edit the body default raw.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:57:20 am by Mr. Woolf »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 372