Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685956 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1380 on: July 01, 2015, 12:25:43 am »

i don't think there is one

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 01, 2015, 02:23:07 am »

How does the token POP_RATIO work? Do you need a POP_RATIO of 50 for each caste in order for a population to have an equal amount of each caste?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 01, 2015, 02:29:01 am »

As long as all POP_RATIO numbers are equal, the populations will have an equal amount in each caste, regardless of what said number is.

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 01, 2015, 07:48:20 am »

It is possible to make multi creature entities using CASTE and avoiding interbreeding using ORIENTATION tags, but offspring will still be random (like couple of dwarves getting little elf to raise if I make dwarf-elf mix), right?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 01, 2015, 08:04:00 am »

As I know, ORIENTATION only recognizes MALE and FEMALE, so you can't make, for example, a male caste, that is interested only in one particular female caste. And yeah, anyway, all of the offsprings will be random.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 01, 2015, 10:20:49 am »

No, it doesn't work this way. I can assume that this is impossible, because the game doesn't fully support the actual existence of stone weapons. Well, there's another way to get what I want though.
Just remove metalwork and forge from their entity, then give them the stone weapon making reaction, like the elven wood weapon in all race playble.
IIRC the reaction should look like this

[REACTION:MAKE_STONE_SWORD_SHORT]
   [NAME:make obsidian short sword]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
   [REAGENT:A:1:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]

and assign the reaction to a building.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:29:41 am by jason0320 »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 01, 2015, 11:33:02 am »

As i find it more than annoying and simply not fun that my long lived fortress dwarves are all under heavy stress and depression because they have each +/- 50 entry of "horrified" to have seen a gob die (despite they never saw a single gob die, only my military saw those 50 gobs die to to them killing their siege while my fort citizen were deep underground in burrow), i'm very willing by now to give the dwarf creature a
   [NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:15]
And be done with that constant annoyance.

But questions :
- will it do anything on my current fort if i edit the save raw, or can it only work on a new worldgen ?
- is actual discipline skill enough to deal with that silly extreme stress those dwarves are all having or is it needing another skill too ?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 01, 2015, 12:10:14 pm »

Just remove metalwork and forge from their entity, then give them the stone weapon making reaction, like the elven wood weapon in all race playble.
IIRC the reaction should look like this

[REACTION:MAKE_STONE_SWORD_SHORT]
   [NAME:make obsidian short sword]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
   [REAGENT:A:1:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]

and assign the reaction to a building.
Ah, thanks! Actually, I already figured out the thing about that civ can get any item it has the reaction for, but still, thanks.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 01, 2015, 09:24:05 pm »

As i find it more than annoying and simply not fun that my long lived fortress dwarves are all under heavy stress and depression because they have each +/- 50 entry of "horrified" to have seen a gob die (despite they never saw a single gob die, only my military saw those 50 gobs die to to them killing their siege while my fort citizen were deep underground in burrow), i'm very willing by now to give the dwarf creature a

But questions :
- will it do anything on my current fort if i edit the save raw, or can it only work on a new worldgen ?
- is actual discipline skill enough to deal with that silly extreme stress those dwarves are all having or is it needing another skill too ?
if I remember with discipline it makes units more prone to taking military jobs and gives them the side effect of being use to death, and more prone to kill people over petty crimes. there's also the whole issue where you end up with more armed militias in towns than you have normal peasants and they would be harder for them to surrender.
 also returning the old DF gotta run out of town to fast travel bit which was far too annoying to deal with considering how huge hilltops are.

for fort mode I guess this just make them more battle hardy.  I think you can train discipline by just making them military units.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 01, 2015, 09:27:53 pm »

You could also make an inorganic called stone and make that into stone weaponry.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #1390 on: July 02, 2015, 06:41:04 am »

In entity_default, [AMMO:ITEM_WHATEVER] tokens always appear immediately after the [WEAPON:ITEM_SOMETHING] token they correspond to. Is it really necessary to order the tokens in this way, or can the [AMMO:ITEM_X] tokens appear whereever underneath the entity?

For example, this is what the raws look like:

Code: [Select]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS]

Would there be any difference if one did this instead?

Code: [Select]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS]

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 02, 2015, 05:19:03 pm »

There used to be a creature modding tool long ago. Does something like that still exist somewhere? Something that handled syntax and has drop boxes with tokens and all that spiffy stuff.

Anything like that around? That would be sweet.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 02, 2015, 05:36:45 pm »

Raw Explorer, which is out of date.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 02, 2015, 05:39:08 pm »

But questions :
if I remember with discipline it makes units more prone to taking military jobs and gives them the side effect of being use to death, and more prone to kill people over petty crimes. there's also the whole issue where you end up with more armed militias in towns than you have normal peasants and they would be harder for them to surrender.
 also returning the old DF gotta run out of town to fast travel bit which was far too annoying to deal with considering how huge hilltops are.

for fort mode I guess this just make them more battle hardy.  I think you can train discipline by just making them military units.

Before giving a try with the raws, i noticed some very bad stuff going on in my fort.
Actually, i think there's something very wrong going on with the "emotion" system, on my fort i noticed after 8 years a now veteran marksdwarf that started to have lots of bad thoughts after a siege they easily crushed, i checked her description and noticed a big list of "was horrified" , and she has the discipline skill on master (due to training for so many years)

I opened a report on the bug tracker about that, as with that long fortress it's obvious the emotion system go too easily to extreme levels, even for dwarves that aren't supposed to have seen what is the source of the horrific stuff (all my civilians have never seen a single goblin actually die, but all of them have half thousand of "horrified by a goblin dying" leading half of them in deep depression and "haggard" levels)

And it's not just the extreme level of bad emotion, it goes to the extreme level of positive one too easily too (in early years i noticed an incredible amount of my dwarves nearly having orgasm from being next to a barely mediocre chair made by a craftsdwarf that at the time wasn't very skilled).

It's obvious there's a lot of balancing to do with the emotion system for fortress mode (and of course adventure mode that has its share of npc horrified by their own shadow), hopefully Toady will get to it for the next version.

Kait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 03, 2015, 06:24:25 am »

Hey !
I have some questions:

1) With a friend, we're trying to make a Westeros Mod (light). Currently, we have five civilizations:
-Dwarves (temporary)
-Ironborn
-Westermen
-Northmen
-Clanmen

But when I tried to add white walkers, they never exist. Even with Very High number of Civilizations, there is not a single frost civilization.
So my question is: Is there a limit of different civilizations ? And if so, how can I change it ?

2) When we tried to replace dwarves by Valemen, who are nearly the same but bigger and with other names and things like that, the game can't generate new world. When "Placing civilizations" appears, it restart. And it do that forever. Why ?

3) My Ironborn have always a very small population, often infested by other races.
This is the pop of a random civ:

Populations
372 Dwarves
212 Westermen
40 Northmen
22 Ironmen
15 Ironborn Outcasts
4 Westerman Outcasts
2 Northman Outcasts

I don't understand why. I gave them [LITTERSIZE:1:4] but that doesn't really change anything.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4) I wanted my white walkers to be hurt only by adamantine weapon. I didn't think that a [HURT_ONLY_BY_ADAMANTINE] token exist, so I made them in steel.
That seemed to work, but there is a weakness.
I tested steel bolts, and they are very, very powerful on my lovely walkers (because they are very fast and there is only one impact point).
Something I can do to stop my walkies to divide up into a thousand pieces ?

Thanks for all !
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 372