Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685894 times)

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1395 on: July 03, 2015, 07:27:29 am »

First of all, you should say you are modding for the last version, because there have been some change token-wise.

1) We need the entity to tell you why they don't spawn, but with only 6 civilizations, it shouldn't be a problem.

2) The game needs to place a playable civilization(with [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]). Others than that, maybe your entity is broken ? Again, we need the raws.

3) I suppose you know it, but entities raws goes in a file with propers headers(that is, the line entity_whatever then another line with [OBJECT:ENTITY]). And they need some ways to farm.

4) There is a [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:x:y] which is a multiplier of the force of the blows they receive by x/y. You can also use [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:material token:x:y] where material token can be INORGANIC:whatever or CREATURE_MAT:creature:material for a material defined in the creature's raws(teeth or nails, for example). 

And just a thought, but you don't need to give them a steel skin to make them powerful. You can raise their attributes, give them a [SPEED:] really low(which make them really fast), use the [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MULTIPLIER:x] (in the attack definition) to multiply the force of an attack... and other stuff, look here.

Kait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 03, 2015, 08:25:12 am »

Ah, yes, sorry, I'm in 34.11.
1)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The creature+the entity.

2)

Just the entity.

3) Of course, the entity is in entity_default.
Ok, so, what tokens I need to add ?

4) Thanks !
And I know for the steel, it's because in ASoIaF's universe, they can only be killed with valyrian steel. And in this case, it's pretty stupid to have a freaking badass demon who is shot and killed by a lucky bowman.

EDIT: Uh, weird. I remove the steel skin and add
Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:IRON:1:1000]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:SILVER:1:1000]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:STEEL:1:1000]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:COPPER:1:1000]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:BRONZE:1:1000]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:BISMUTH_BRONZE:1:1000]
but now people tear them to pieces. I tried with higher values, but no change.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:32:58 am by Kait »

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 03, 2015, 10:08:03 am »

1) If you are going to have them made entirely of steel, you don't need the VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS bit, it says what a bodypart is made of, and you already have the TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STEEL token for that.
On this subject I still recommend to just use the force multipliers tokens, something like 1:1000 will make them resist everything but that one inorganic with 1:1 . And they'll still be fleshy.
EDIT: also, some errors:
[INTELLIGENT] [CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK] ==> those were in the tissue:steel definition, and you had two [INTELLIGENT] tags
[CDI:VERB:raise his arms:raises his arms:NA] ==> you forgot CDI: before VERB
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:shudder and begins to move:shudders and begins to move], same thing
not really errors, but you may want to change that
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:70000]  ==> this is the human size, I thought the whitewalker were a little bigger ?
[HOMEOTHERM:10067] ==> this is their temperature, 10000 is ice temperature. It's just for flavor but you may want to change it
EDIT2: they finally spawn ! here is the entity:
2)PLAINS is not a biome, I replaced it with ANY_GRASSLAND and it worked.

4) I disagree, I think it's epic.
It's weird, what are they using ? I tried [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:1000] and iron swords only dent the skin. (edit: not only iron, but adamantine as well)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:03:27 pm by Usul »

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 07, 2015, 03:16:23 pm »

Posted in the wrong thread. Can't seem to delete, ignore this post please.

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 02, 2015, 01:44:10 pm »

Hello fellow Frankuristains. I have been trying to figure out creature modding for awhile now. I have studied some custom race mods and wiki examples, and I'm baffled with some aspects, especially how to give more random descriptions to creatures by using descriptor_color (for skin), which can be used to give body parts adjectives (say, "spiky" instead of "red"). I cant figure out why it doesnt randomize these different values for some parts, it always give everyone the same adjective.

For example beast's tail it also uses as a weapon: in creature_draconian.txt i have
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TAILT:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:TAIL_SPIKY:1:TAIL_SCALED:1:TAIL_BONE_HEADED:1]

In descriptor_color_draconian.txt I have

descriptor_color_draconian

[OBJECT:DESCRIPTOR_COLOR]

[COLOR:TAIL_SPIKY]
[NAME:spiky]
[RGB:150:0:24]

[COLOR:TAIL_SCALED]
[NAME:scaled]
[RGB:128:0:0]

[COLOR:TAIL_BONE_HEADED]
[NAME:bone-headed]
[RGB:144:93:93]

For example this doesnt work, every time I get clones. I would like to know what affects to this randomization of "color" values, and why some (like eye colour) varies more than the new ones I insert? I wonder if it's tied to skin color or "ethnics" which restricts what can be randomized? As far as I know the RGB values search for the nearest 16 colours that are being used.
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RED:1:VERMILION:1:SCARLET:1:CRIMSON:1:CARDINAL:1:CARMINE:1:CHESTNUT:1:MAROON:1:DARK_CHESTNUT:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:MAHOGANY:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:CHOCOLATE:1:TAUPE_ROSE:1:BROWN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1400 on: October 02, 2015, 02:53:13 pm »

Thing is with that, is genetics. So even though you say Spiky/scaled/bone headed, they count as a color much like skin color. And if the same genetics are bred together you get exact or very similar results. And if you run a long world gen you will find that there is just a majority of one type of hair, skin, and eye color. Or a handful of a few unique ones.

Unless someone can correct me, but that's what I heard about this last. Have a look at vanilla dwarves and humans when you run worldgen and you will find that a majority of them will be all the same hair color, eyes, or skin.

edit:
If you really wanted them to be random-ish, you'd have to make castes with a single setting. [CASTE:MALE_TAIL_SPIKY][CASTE:MALE_TAIL_SCALED] etc etc.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 04, 2015, 01:23:05 pm »

I have a question:
I modded a fire-breathing creature using the dragonfire token, it burns corpses, grass and leaves, but nothing else seems to be affected, what am i doing wrong? 

Edit: nevermind, temperature was off  :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:47:20 pm by Anonymax »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 14, 2015, 12:58:05 am »

this is what the wiki says:
PANTS  item token
rarity
 Rarity is optional. Permitted rarity values are RARE, UNCOMMON, FORCED (anything else is treated as COMMON).
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:COMMON] 

So I changed it to read:
"Rarity is NOT optional"
Because if no rarity is given, the entity will never use the item.  I've tested this for a bit, and have no idea how this inaccuracy got into the wiki.  Probably ported from an old version.

Either that, or I completely fail to understand what "common" actual means.  Because common should mean that some items actually appear.  But they don't if nothing is given for rarity.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 14, 2015, 12:59:31 am »

"common" means that it will appear more often than UNCOMMON or RARE options if there are UNCOMMON or RARE options

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 14, 2015, 05:35:05 am »

Has anyone tried [UTTERANCES] recently? I've slapped it on, but my created civ hardly goes around declaring war on their every neighbour, and they seem to settle peace treaties quite well *scratches head*

Also, what determines if an entity expands and found new sites during worldgen? I have some civs who will happily expand across the map, and others who are just content to sit in their first two settlements even when not under threat.

Edit - Mystery solved for the former after much trial and error. I had given them [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] and [SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] without really understanding what it actually did. Turned out the dynamically generated lords and leaders could settle peace treaties and such, even when under [UTTERANCES].
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:21:44 pm by Bearskie »

Lenore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 23, 2015, 04:12:37 pm »

The wiki claims that vermin pets get carried around by their owners, but I haven't seen that actually happen.  I can tell it hasn't happened, because these little guys move a lot slower than dwarves.

Has this behavior changed?  It is possible the wiki was wrong to begin with, or that pet carrying is unreliable.

It looks like this hasn't been answered, and I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone care to help us out?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 23, 2015, 05:00:59 pm »

Just finding a dwarf that likes valid vermin seems hard. More than a few can't be caged or are able to escape, and vermin have a habit of annoying other dwarves.

I haven't had a dwarf with a vermin pet before, so I cannot help here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 23, 2015, 07:45:52 pm »

Just finding a dwarf that likes valid vermin seems hard. More than a few can't be caged or are able to escape, and vermin have a habit of annoying other dwarves.

I haven't had a dwarf with a vermin pet before, so I cannot help here.
Well, these particular vermin are domesticated and lack the hateable tag.  If any vermin get carried around, these ought to.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 23, 2015, 10:30:14 pm »

I'm creating a creature caste that a creature will turn into after a certain (very long) period of time has passed. Basically I want the creature to be older when it changes and only have a specific caste spawn as babies when they breed. Will other civs still use the creature if its pop rate is 0 or only the baby version and is there a way to fix it so they will?

Edit: Also, is there a way to specify tiles for specific castes of creatures?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:54:54 pm by Managrimm »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 26, 2015, 08:18:31 am »

I'm creating a creature caste that a creature will turn into after a certain (very long) period of time has passed. Basically I want the creature to be older when it changes and only have a specific caste spawn as babies when they breed. Will other civs still use the creature if its pop rate is 0 or only the baby version and is there a way to fix it so they will?

Edit: Also, is there a way to specify tiles for specific castes of creatures?
I've never tried the age-into-a-caste idea, but a self-targeted or greeting interaction may be the way to go there, with a long onset before a transformation.  The drawback is that transformed creature bears no physical resemblance to the original (stats are completely re-rolled).

For the second, you can have different colors based on the caste.  If it's an intelligent create with profession colors, then you have the option to fiddle with the graphics set to make differing professions distinct from one another.  Different graphics for different castes has been an oft-requested feature for mifki's Text Will Be Text plugin.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 372