Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685916 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1365 on: April 20, 2015, 03:23:50 pm »

Well, it shows up now for some reason, but wouldn't fight.  :o

Maybe the modded attack has something to do with it:
[CREATURE_VARIATION:MANTIS_SHRIMP_PINCER_ATTACK]
Wonder why the 2kg aquatic fish doesn't want to run around the arena fighting. Try a 40kph speed instead of 1 kph, see if it moves in the arena after that. There are a few tags you can try to make it more aggressive.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Creature_token
maybe try amphibious, so it can breathe air and water. also LARGE_PREDATOR.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 20, 2015, 06:19:30 pm »

Well, it shows up now for some reason, but wouldn't fight.  :o

Maybe the modded attack has something to do with it:
[CREATURE_VARIATION:MANTIS_SHRIMP_PINCER_ATTACK]
Wonder why the 2kg aquatic fish doesn't want to run around the arena fighting. Try a 40kph speed instead of 1 kph, see if it moves in the arena after that. There are a few tags you can try to make it more aggressive.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Creature_token
maybe try amphibious, so it can breathe air and water. also LARGE_PREDATOR.
It wouldn't attack still, though a pigeon will attack an elephant... I'll try changing the attack and increasing the size.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

LastGreen

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES] [SPHERE:STORMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 21, 2015, 01:09:41 am »

Hello, can anyone help me? I would like to edit the eagles in my game so they can be trained for hunting and war, like dogs and some other animals can be. But im not sure what I really need to change. Im currently looking at raw / objects / creature_birds file and the other Text Document files like it but im not sure if changing them will actually change the game nor am I sure where too even find where the information for eagles even are. so being the noob I am can anybody help me out?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 21, 2015, 01:15:44 am »

raw/objects is the main raws, and will not affect your save. You want data/save/regionX/raw/object

Just give it [TRAINABLE]

LastGreen

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES] [SPHERE:STORMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 21, 2015, 01:20:48 am »

raw/objects is the main raws, and will not affect your save. You want data/save/regionX/raw/object

Just give it [TRAINABLE]

Awesome thanks, now I just need to figure out where they are then. (edit: found em!)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:33:57 am by LastGreen »

Plump Helmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 21, 2015, 03:01:39 am »

How strong would you say is strong enough for a semi-megabeast? Right now what I've got is a six-legged creature that's reasonably powerful (able to hold off about eight or nine unarmed, untrained dwarf-replacements before going down), but which is gimped too easily. For some reason, almost all attacks to the thing's legs, no matter how weak, break them near-instantly. This renders it still modestly powerful - it helps that it can still "ram" using its entire body and knock enemies like fifteen feet away - but still too easily defeated for something of its size.

Does that sound about tough enough to you guys for a semi-MB, or should it be made stronger?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:10:23 am by Plump Helmet »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 21, 2015, 12:25:26 pm »

Right, is it possible to give a creature a natural projectile attack? Is it like 'glob-of-acid-spitting' things with different object classes?
thincake

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 21, 2015, 02:39:56 pm »

It is possible, and there are a few different types, which are listed here on the wiki.

You would use the material emission interaction to create this attack. In-game examples include magma crabs, which spit molten basalt, or giant cave spiders, which spew webs.

Edit: I accidentally a word.

@Plump Helmet: I would say that a semi-megabeast should be strong enough to pose a large threat to an unprepared fort, but should not be so strong that they can easily take on a moderately trained militia. One fairly well trained soldier should be able to go toe-to-toe with them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:21:53 pm by BlackFlyme »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 21, 2015, 02:40:47 pm »

My race of automatons is coming into focus now
thincake

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 21, 2015, 03:58:11 pm »

Is there any way to force a civilization to use stone weapons?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:31:15 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 21, 2015, 04:02:06 pm »

Don't give them the ability to make/use any other weaponry?
thincake

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 22, 2015, 04:54:11 am »

No, it doesn't work this way. I can assume that this is impossible, because the game doesn't fully support the actual existence of stone weapons. Well, there's another way to get what I want though.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 28, 2015, 11:30:39 pm »

Hi all,

The wiki claims that vermin pets get carried around by their owners, but I haven't seen that actually happen.  I can tell it hasn't happened, because these little guys move a lot slower than dwarves.

Has this behavior changed?  It is possible the wiki was wrong to begin with, or that pet carrying is unreliable.  I'd like to know for sure before I decide on the implementation details for this critter.

I've also noted that domesticated vermin appear on the embark screen in the items list rather than the animals list, using the creature name rather the caste name.  Once embarked, they can be adopted as pets but never get named.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 28, 2015, 02:40:15 pm »

Anyone knows what determines the entity to have "civil wars" (group vs. group conflicts)?
DF Combat Reworked

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1379 on: July 01, 2015, 12:01:44 am »

What is the value range for MAX_POP_NUMBER, MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER, and MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 372