Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686374 times)

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1050 on: February 05, 2015, 11:25:50 pm »

Probably easier to put the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION into the blood syndrome directly.
Thanks Putnam, I'll try that.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 06, 2015, 07:06:51 am »

I don't know what happened, but the problem came back, and changing the names of creatures didn't help at all.  I knew this would happen.

I'm going to delete everything DF from my desktop, and even then I know that won't help me.

I don't know why I'm the only person who has this problem, or why it won't go away, or even how to get rid of these invisible backup files that apparently don't exist even though they are ruining the game for me.

EDIT: It gets worse: The autosave folders in Library are locked away because for whatever reason I don't have permission to access them and the fix you're supposed to use I was unable to do because the option you're supposed to get didn't show up.  The only other options are in terminal and could have horrible consequences if I get so much as one letter or number wrong.  This means the issue is literally unfixable.

This is really starting to take a toll on me, but this is one of the best games I've ever played and I don't think anything else could compare.  Yet it's no fun if I can't add my own touch without messing the game up.

Is anyone here knowledgeable about changing permissions on Mac?

Edit:  I know there's chmod to help open it up, but I'm a bit nervous about using it outside of DFHack.  And funnily, the forbidden folder is the only one as such, and seems to have been created around the time I first downloaded the game.  My brother does computer stuff and he says it should be fine but I'm pretty neurotic.

Does anyone else think it'd be a good idea to take my issues to PM or skype?  I feel bad about clogging up the thread with my babbling.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:05:43 pm by Badger Storm »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 06, 2015, 12:54:33 pm »

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 06, 2015, 02:40:30 pm »

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is from the creature raw, which is just a copy of CREATURE:HUMAN. It's supposed to add a syndrome and interaction after the creature's blood is ingested. In arena mode the name change, tile change, and the interaction get added, but only after relinquishing control of the ingesting creature and unpausing. The attribute changes don't occur at all.
In adventure mode none of the changes occur.
I don't know much about creatures, interactions or syndromes, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 06, 2015, 02:54:59 pm »

Can that help me get into the permissions folder, or will it (in theory) protect me from future autosaves?  I set TextEdit to back up "never" and that ended up not helping.  I don't even know what I did wrong!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 06, 2015, 03:25:33 pm »

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is from the creature raw, which is just a copy of CREATURE:HUMAN. It's supposed to add a syndrome and interaction after the creature's blood is ingested. In arena mode the name change, tile change, and the interaction get added, but only after relinquishing control of the ingesting creature and unpausing. The attribute changes don't occur at all.
In adventure mode none of the changes occur.
I don't know much about creatures, interactions or syndromes, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
You're missing that.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 06, 2015, 03:47:19 pm »

Managed to get access to the autosaves folder by adding my account to the list...and it's empty.  What the hell.

*rubs temples*  If I didn't know any better, I'd say this game gets a kick out of trolling me.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 06, 2015, 04:03:14 pm »

It sounds more like your OS and your text editor are "trolling you".

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2015, 04:05:14 pm »

Yeah, this is on the level of pouring milk into your cereal and watching it catch fire

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 06, 2015, 04:11:32 pm »

Thanks again Putnam! That got the interaction added immediately, however there was no "You learned X" notification like usually happens in adventure mode. Maybe that's different in the arena?
The attribute boosts still don't seem to be getting applied. I tried doing them as percentage increases and as fixed boosts, neither seemed to work. I've tried in arena and adventurer modes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 06, 2015, 04:59:23 pm »

How are you checking whether they're applied?

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 06, 2015, 05:39:41 pm »

Just by checking their 'z' 's'. Arena and adventure.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:43:10 pm by fledermaus »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 06, 2015, 07:50:25 pm »

I don't know what happened, but the problem came back, and changing the names of creatures didn't help at all.  I knew this would happen.
You are editing in "plain text" mode, correct? (Also, aren't you using OS X 10.6? I thought that system-wide autosave was introduced in 10.7.)
Anyway, any programming-type text editor shouldn't break things - I've used gedit (as Putnam mentioned), TextWrangler, Komodo Edit, and Sublime without problems (and I believe there's even a DF raw syntax-highlighting package available for the latter).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 07, 2015, 04:19:30 am »

Managed to get access to the autosaves folder by adding my account to the list...and it's empty.  What the hell.

*rubs temples*  If I didn't know any better, I'd say this game gets a kick out of trolling me.
One more vote for Sublime text with the DFML highlighter extension. It's very powerful.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 07, 2015, 06:39:19 am »

Is there any way to get "translucent" looking skin? The way the blizzard men seem to do it is to have no skin at all.

Also, is there a list of the colours for skins, eyes etc anywhere?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 372