Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: LP Modded MOO3 again: The stalemate of Thok  (Read 15236 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: LP Modded MOO3 again: Turn 1.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 01:41:34 pm »

Fab. 2 fleet commanders already. Razing wont happen for a long while though, due to weapon tech restrictions, and the fact that until late game its easier and more profitable to inavde them. Youll get a/some fleets though.
This is a blank sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: LP Modded MOO3 again: Turns 2-10.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 03:25:44 pm »

2503AD.

Spoiler: 2503 News. (click to show/hide)

One of our scouts has reached the white giant to our galactic east - Ras Alhag, and sent back a detailed system survey.

Spoiler: Ras Alhag System. (click to show/hide)

The star itself is young, large and hot. The worlds around it are mineral rich, but uninhabitable due to atmospheric composition, gravity or by virtue of being unpleasant gas giants. Nothing for us here currently. The scout is instructed to head towards the galacitc core, whilst another is assigned to head outwards along the spiral arm.

2504AD.

Spoiler: 2504 News. (click to show/hide)

Our scouts have reached Mekbuda to our galactic west and completed the following survey.

Spoiler: Mekbuda System. (click to show/hide)

Unsuprisingly, this star is also huge, hot and young. 2 scorched gas giants straddle an erratic ball of rock. All are rich in minerals but too hostile for our current life support technologies to cope with. Our scout continues onwards.

In other news, Earth builds a new mine, and Loknar aids our researchers in developing a device capable of projecting an energy field around a ships hull - now all they need to do is develop some kind of stable waveform to project and it will become useful.

2506AD

Spoiler: 2506 News. (click to show/hide)

Scouts reach Primodius.

Spoiler: Primodius System. (click to show/hide)

Primodius appears to have left the main sequence and become a low mass red giant. The planets orbiting it are unremarkable, save for Primodius III - little more than 2000 Km in radius, but made of almost entirely liquid water with a moon almost half its own size. The presence of liquid water makrs it out as habitable, and it is marked as a colonization target. The 2 northern black holes block the sout from progrssing firther in that direction so it is ordered to turn east and follow the arm.

We have also been approached by another alien offering thier services. Oserelo appears to be some sort of technological mercenary, working for anyone who will have him. Our research should progress at astounding rates now we have two individuals with experience far in advance of our own guiding our efforts.

Spoiler: Oserelo of Geometry. (click to show/hide)

The development of Earth continues apace, with an entertainment region established. Our agricultural efforts should be boosted by our newfound efforts at growing plants without soil - should prove useful off world.

2509AD

Spoiler: 2059 News. (click to show/hide)

A space capable rifle is complete (now all we need is something to shoot them at), as is our first hydroponic farm, boosting food output slightly on Earth.

Scouts reach and survey Vuples to our north east.

Spoiler: Vuples System. (click to show/hide)

Another ancient star, it has long since consumed any inner planets it once may have had, and is left with one inhospitable gas giant.

However, our expansion effors are currently focussed fully on our home system.

Spoiler: Sol system outposts. (click to show/hide)

A small band of pioneers have set up bases on Sol V and VI. The USA has been instrumental in getting these bases up and running, and will be given the govenership of the first one to emerge as a viable colony under Jack Euchre. The fate of the second one has yet to be determined. A number of incentives have been put in place to attract more citizens from Earth to set up home on our first toe holds.

Spoiler: Galaxy map. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Fame (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Modded MOO3 again: Turns 2 - 10 up.
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 04:51:28 pm »

Could I join as a space megacorp, and not say, a country? Maybe I could rent out government space yards to build my ships and amass an economic empire?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 04:54:07 pm »

Hmm... not sure how feasable that would be for me to run alongside a traditional military system - things would get confused and muddled very quickly. You can have ownership of a colony and I could run it any way you felt though.
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 06:30:18 pm »

Sol I and Sol II are uninhabitable gas giants...

Why is Sol so different than the real one? I figured you'd mod that in if you were massively modding the game.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 06:45:20 pm »

Okay, that's fine. I'll take the next colony starting as the 'Acre Corp'.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: LP Modded MOO3 again: Turns 11 - 14 up.
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 05:11:01 pm »

Turns 11 through 14.

2510AD.

Spoiler: 2510 News. (click to show/hide)

Earth continues to develop - its shipyards are finishing more scouts and our food output is being boosted in readiness for supporting offworld colonies. Migrants are flocking to the outer worlds of our home system and we will have 2 new worlds before long. The gigantic multinational Acre Corp. has expressed a desire for taking over the running of a colony, and who am I to complain about someone bankrolling our expansion efforts?

Spoiler: Pi Mensae System. (click to show/hide)

Scouts have charted the Pi Mensae system. This star holds promise as an inhabited system. Its first planet is habitable - just. Its outer world is another waterworld, but large enough to have a comfortable gravitational field. Both are marked as colonization sites, and the scout continues on its way along the spiral arm.

2511AD.

Spoiler: 2511 News. (click to show/hide)

2 new systems have been surveyed, but more on that later.

We have our first new world. Control of Sol V has been handed over to the USAS under Govenor Jack Euchre,

Spoiler: USAS Farm Alpha. (click to show/hide)

This planet is blessed with an abundance of arable land, which should prove useful to our Govenor Euchre. The vast majority of its surface is marked for future food producion, with a small amount put aside for govermental uses and enough industry to support farming efforts. A habitable moon should allow for a sizeable population to survive here once the agriculteral structure is in place.

The 2 newly charted systems are Jobe, a red dwarf star with nothing of note, and Slkim, which has a number of habitable worlds, but the outer most world is worthy of special mention due to a native plant with strong psychoactive effects. This makes the world a high priorty to investigate further.

Spoiler: Jobe System. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slkim System. (click to show/hide)

2512AD.

Spoiler: 2512 News. (click to show/hide)

We are not alone in the cosmos. Upon entering the system of Ramad, our ship detected a number of what appeared to be drone craft orbiting a smal barren world. No communication was recieved, and the captain was ordered to stand his ground, and under no circumstances was he to make an agressive move towards the planet. The drones responded in kind, keeping thier distance, and the captain completed his survey, sending back valuable intel.

Spoiler: Ramad System. (click to show/hide)

Ramad is an ancient star, and orbiting just above its envelope of gases is Ramad I, home to our first known alien species. They refer to themselves as LB-430-XOEM, but as that name doesnt roll off the tounge our xenobiologists have taken to calling them the Meklar. Xenobiologists might be the wrong people to study them, as the Meklar are a cybernetic organism that appear to operate as some kind of hive mind. The Meklar appear to be concentrated in a small number of large settlements, and for now seem to be content ignoring us. Efforts are being made to establish some kind of diplomatic contact with them. For now our scout craft will monitor Ramad from adjacent systems.

Our scouts have also surveyed Tripton - a red giant orbited only by the scorched cores of the gas giant planets that once orbited it.

Spoiler: Tripton System. (click to show/hide)

2513AD.

Spoiler: 2513 News. (click to show/hide)

Upon entering the Thok system, our scouts detected a ship quite unlike our own. Similar in size and capability to our own scout craft, but appearing to be organic in its construction. Again the scout captain was ordered to keep its distance, and the alien craft did likewise. There is no sign of where this craft came from - no worlds in the Thok system are inhabited, though all 4 would be good sites for future colonies.

Spoiler: Thok System. (click to show/hide)

Acre Corp. has taken control of Sol VI.

Spoiler: Acre Corp. HQ. (click to show/hide)

This ocean world has potential to be a self sufficent industrial world, with the ability to produce a moderate amout of food and minerals, with space for several industrial and research bases. Heres hoping Acre Corp can use it profitably.

Spoiler: Current Map. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Fame. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:13:11 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 05:12:33 pm »

Sol I and Sol II are uninhabitable gas giants...

Why is Sol so different than the real one? I figured you'd mod that in if you were massively modding the game.

Each game generates a procedurally generated universe based on pretty accurate models of stellar lifecycles and planetary formation models. There is no way to create a pre-planned system... we tried many tricks but with no joy.
This is a blank sig.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 05:33:37 pm »

MOO3 is one of the games I just never got to try. I already have too many games to play, but must, must try...! Darn it, Internet!

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 12:36:58 am »

I would like to claim Slkim VI in the name of the Selene Colonial Directorate. The SCD is headquartered in the Free Republic of Selene, Copernicus City, Luna and her charter is one of scientific and industrial expansion with Selenite and human interests at heart. Once the colonly is established fully it will be christened with the name of Eos.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 01:04:02 am »

What do those "Natural Wells" do on my planet?  If they're mineral, and in a mountain region, might as well dump one mine on that region.  In all other ways, the USAS is fully content to be the breadbasket of the cosmos, in the same way that the USA was the breadbasket of Earth in the prior era.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 01:07:54 am »

Once our citizens move there, Slkim its yours Jarod. If they dont, I will send a colony ship there, once we obtain them.

The natural wells enhance the output of any industrial units in a region, the quality of an entertainment region, or the food output of a farming region. The region they are in is also highly fertile, giving it a bioharvest output rating of 6.6, when a good score for a human farm would be around 3.5 to 4. 2 farms on that region could support 3 or 4 lagre colonies alone.
This is a blank sig.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 01:20:52 am »

Ah, so more farms!  We'll leave mining to those other colonies, lol.  No reason not to specialize in the Sol system.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 12:20:26 pm »

sow what will be your general policy towards alien races? exterminate on sight?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 01:05:19 pm »

General policy will be to exploit - having some species under our control that can inhabit gas giants would be a big plus. Our borders will be fiercly defended, and any vulnerable systems will be taken over if practical. Specific approach will depend on species. Some we wont be able to fight, and some we will want to be freinds with to exploit diplomatically.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6