Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: LP Modded MOO3 again: The stalemate of Thok  (Read 15234 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: LP Modded MOO3 again: Turns 14 - 20 up.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 03:06:37 pm »

2514AD.
Scouts report that a small number of Meklar have been detected on planets in the Thok and Jobe systems. It looks very unlikley that these will develop into viable colonies any time soon (if at all), but they will be monitored. The Meklar inhabit worlds to small, cold and dry for us, and no doubt would be useful soldiers and menial workers. Extra funding has been diverted to our Physical Sciences research with the goal of developing the ability to carry infantry off world. After all, preparedness makes us powerful...

2515AD
Spoiler: Incoming Hostile. (click to show/hide)

A drone similar to those detected in the Ramad system has been sighted on a course to bring it into the Sol system. 2 scouts sitting in our reserve have been placed in a make shift defensive squadron, led by Commander Ivan the 8th and will intercept any craft heading in-system.

2516AD
As expected, the Meklar drone headed towards Earth. Our scout craft chased it down...

Spoiler: Ivan 8th Defending Sol (click to show/hide)

... and performed admirably. They shot down an enemy fighter, and destroyed the Meklar drone with thier own recon fighters and laser cannons. The scouts have been dispatched to monitor the Meklar colonists in the Jobe system. The destruction of this drone should send a clear message.

2517AD
Spoiler: Baldryck System (click to show/hide)
Scouts have charted the system surrounding the yellow supergiant Baldryck. There is litte there useful to us.

2518AD
Entering the Mintaka-B system, one of our scouts detected another unidentified craft, and followed the by now standard protocol in keeping its distance. The sensor contact dissapeared, and our scout completed a system survey.

Spoiler: Mintaka-B System (click to show/hide)

A star this young is far too hot for us to make any kind of efforts in colonizing the system.

Scouts exploring the spiral arm to our south have charted Ajax.

Spoiler: Ajax System (click to show/hide)

Dissapointingly, this promising yellow star apears to have had most of its protoplanetary disc hoovered up into 3 colossal gas giants. Further exploration along the arm is impossible due to a neutron star, so our scouting in the southern direction is now turned to isolated stars just outside the spiral arm.

2519AD
 Another Meklar drone has been sighted by our scouts, this time in Vuples, where a lone scout is monitoring thier off world growth. As it does not have the advantage of numbers granted to Ivan the 8th, it is instructed to keep away. The Meklar appear to have learned thier lesson from thier foray into the Sol system and choose to stay on the other side of the system and the contact passes without incident.

Scouts have added Mekbuta (seriously, who is in charge of naming these systems?) to our database of charted systems.

Spoiler: Mekbuta System (click to show/hide)

A gigantic yellow star, the 2 terrestrial worlds here have little in the way of breathable atmospheres so are off limits for now.

Spoiler: Current Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Fame (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »

Interesting! Glad to see we're killing things indiscriminately.

I'd like to be planetary governor of a planet with unique minerals, radioactive if possible. Then turn it into an energy world, or a dangerous research world, or whatever you can do with radioactive materials in MOO3. However, if I can't have multiple things I'll stick to fleet commander.

By the way, everyone on the internet jut calls me Ivan :)
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 03:37:59 pm »

No problem Ivan. though worlds with radioacive specials tend to suffer population growth penalties in addition to any manufacturing bonuses. As soon as one is colonized you can have it.

As for killing things.... well, its not as if the Meklar are really alive, what with being robots and all.
This is a blank sig.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 03:39:46 pm »

I thought the meklar were cyborgs, not robots?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 03:46:59 pm »

Nah, in game canon descirbes them as having moved totally away from having any organic components, though they still require a very small amout of food to support populations (and one hell of a lot of minerals). The Cynoids however are a different story...
This is a blank sig.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 05:48:33 pm »

I call the first carrier focused fleet we make, if any, pretty please.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 05:49:06 pm »

Of course... if we get any good fighter techs!
This is a blank sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: LP Modded MOO3 again: Turns 20 to 28...
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 04:41:59 pm »

Turns 20 through 28

2521AD

The Meklar have established thier first off world colony in thier home system, and another in the Jobe system. A military expedition is being planned to take control of the planet in Jobe. Soldiers are being trained and armed as we speak. All we need now is a workable transport design, but our tech experts tell me this may take a number of years. For now our scouts will monitor the system.

Spoiler: Brandiles System (click to show/hide)

Way to the galactic north west Brandiles has been explored. More hot gas giants. Our reliance on liquid water is becoming tiresome.

2522AD

Spoiler: 2522 News (click to show/hide)

Unexpected developments are never welcome. We have established diplomatic contact with not one but two species.

Spoiler: Meklar Ambassador (click to show/hide)

Firstly, the LB-430-X0EM, the Meklar we have been observing for some time. They have set up several more colonies forming a border with our own worlds. Thier growth seems to be faster than ours, but thier worlds are sparse in terms of population. We may have fewer worlds, but they are far more heavily populated and productive. Our contact currently is limited to formal diplomatic recognition of each other, and are not likley to develop very much further - they dont seem to like us very much, and they dont really have much going for themselves.

What is confusing is that we have been approached by a second Meklar "empire" identified as the DM-150-JU0D. Who they are, where they came from or what worlds they inhabit are unknown - they are identical in every way to the LB-430-X0EM. Worryingly the 2 robotic empires seem to be acting in co-operation, which could present us with 2 dangerous adversaries. Again, our relations are currently cool and will probably remain so.

The latest system to be surveyed is Tristan, but as it now lies behind a closed border the information is almost irrelevant. We shall continue to scout the systems now cut off from our expansion just incase there is anything of worth to us before recalling the scouts.

2524AD

Whilst we continue to scout distant systems and continue advance planning for the invasion of poorly defended Meklar colonies, they send us a message.

What we have done that they approve of I do not know. Maybe they respect the pickets we have established along our border.

2525AD

A habitable world is found around the distant star of Ishi. Pleasingly, we appear to have been able to confine the Meklar to 4 systems using carefully places scouts.

Spoiler: Ishi System (click to show/hide)

2527AD

Ahaouet (3 stars to the east of Earth...) is found to have a habitable ocean world.

Spoiler: Ahaouet System (click to show/hide)

I have made the decision that some covert operatives might be a good idea. I have ordered the training of some spies, working under the cover of scientific students and teachers. These will be sent to the Meklar in an offer of co-operation, but will be working to provide us with information relating to an technologies that mght be of interest to us.  This is a risk, but one I feel needs to be taken to ensure we can get ahead and stay ahead in any technology race.

Spoiler: Current Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Fame. (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: LP Modded MOO3 again: Turns 20 to 28.
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 07:41:03 pm »

I assume the teal is the meklar?

also, could I claim a position in the army?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 10:18:32 pm »

I think Meklar One is trying to suck up to us, so we don't glass them.  Since they're being so nice, just take their worlds that our people can inhabit, and let them live on as a technology contractor.

What is the ETA on the transports?  If it will be more than 30 cycles, we should enter a tech development treaty with the two Meklar empires, and maybe trade treaties as well.  I'm certain High Command can push Meklar One into breaking the treaties so we can be the "honorable" ones, he he he.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 10:26:32 pm »

Well, this is weird. I keep starting in full contact with the other races in my moo3 games, any idea why? Using the chocolate mod. Also, how's my planet doing?

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 11:54:55 pm »

You're probably a part of the galactic senate, unless you specifically clicked no on that (it defaults to random). Then I'd say you're uncomfortably close to other empires.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 01:01:10 am »

Warhammer, Teal is Meklar 1. We have no idea where Meklar 2 is. You can be the General of our first ground units, wihch currently are limited to basic infantry...

EJ: Actually, sharing a sytem or 2 with them is a good idea, it will dramatically increase our trade income. Transports are 3 tech levels research away (10 to 15 turns), then however long it takes to build them. I will adopt an approach of trying to treaty with them (will be tricky) whilst picking off worlds. This will harm our relations and probably provoke them to declare war, but the AI typically would do the same to us anyway, so go fish.
This is a blank sig.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 01:44:48 am »

(i started playing with your modpack and while it does work, i can't fathom why my planets are revolting! I mean, surely they can survive WITHOUT food for a couple of turns, right? XD)
That said, I actually loved how they made the encyclopedia, heck, I spent all yesterday reading it, instead of actually playing some more. XD
When will Herr Von Shade do something...destructive?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 01:53:24 am »

Very cool, I remember your last foray into MoO, so it's good to see this one up. Put me in wherever you need me (well, anywhere except the military). I'd prefer being a governor of a food or research world, but it looks like you might already have those covered to some degree, so I'm good with whatever else needs doing.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6