Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330334 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh huh. How do I defeat a storm dragon? It killed a dwarven caravan, and 3-4 ambush squads of outlaws and goblins, with only a dented leg to show for it. It paralizes everything with chain lightning then finishes it off with melee... and it's [TRAPAVOID]. Does webbing it over some cage traps still work? Or setting it on fire with a jade cannon?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

You could try crashing the ceiling down into its head. Alternatively, ballistas and catapults. And yes, webs do work if you can manage it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Web it with catapult blocks.

I definitely need to add more anti-megabeast things now that megabeasts are actually MEGA.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Jade Cannon did lit it on fire, but it walked it off and now has no fat left.

Well, I could also try sending a husk against it from sacrificial pit... but then I'd have to deal with the winner. Though given how it clawed off outlaw heads in onw swipe, it may not be the husk. Webbing it is, I'll try catching this beast and keep it caged as a self-destruct lever. A serpentfolk siege squad killed it. Fear it's cobalt javelins!

Also, two 3 minor features:
-fire blocks. Which stockpile they go to?
-if we could specify what metal to use to make bullets, that would be great. Because of the above, feeding stockpiles are not an option.
-are clockworks splintable? Because some of mine got fractured limbs and despite an abundance of splints, never recievedanything more than sutures and dressings.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:37:03 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alas clockworks have half learning for everything? Is there a way to edit this?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I'll release a new patch today to address a few issues, thank you Tirion.

Rainbows, it's editable in the dwarf raws. I will make an option in modloader for that for the next version.

I plan to rework alchemy altogether. Right now we have temporary plants-potions which are not that useful and not interesting at all.

I plan to split it and combine with Thaumaturgy guild in a better way.

1) Calcinator.
Here your geomancers (renamed gemcutting job) will process special rare gems (rock crystal will be replaced with many colored crystals) into gem powder and a few essenses (rare chance).
Common gems can be grinded into gem powder with a very rare chance to produce an essense.

You will also be able to make concrete blocks and pipes out of boulders and ash or slag (new byproduct of iron/steel making).

Living metal will be made here as well.

2) Alchemical still.
Here your alchemists will brew plants and essences to get PERMANENT potions. Since essenses are rare the potions will be rare as well.
There will be stat adding, magic infusing and a few other potions.

Note that there will be a chance of bad events, so isolate your stills and guard them.

3) Testing lab.
Here dwarves will consume potions to get desired effects (with a rare chance to temporary go berserk/turn into a monster, as I said - TEMPORARY).

4) Flesh Studio will be renamed into Thaumcrafting Studio.
Here you will make remade.
Here you will be able to turn living animals into golems with a few rare essences.
Here you will transfuse corpses of golems, disenchant lost treasure etc.

5) Geomancy lab
Here dwarves will crystallize gem powder, mixing it with essences to craft explosive/inferno/webbing blocks, and also this will be a place to craft magic staves and charges for them.

I need to find more uses for the gem powder. Ideas?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

I found this.

Spoiler: scandal (click to show/hide)

Worth it.

E: That entire post was awful, but the pic is worth it. Even if the editing on it is awwwful
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:23:37 pm by ggamer »

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about a process to convert excess gem powder into hexing talc; a trap ingredient that causes syndromes?

While we're at it maybe make a man portable version for our clockwork soldiers, maybe call it a Dwarven Fumer or Murkcaster

If it's even possible maybe gem powder could be a key component to illusionary walls that keep water from occupying the first few Z levels below or above of it. Allowing dwarves to slowly but surely colonize the sea floor.

Perhaps it could be part of building some sort of obelisk? Maybe it does something neat like purify water or give those approaching it a painful zap?
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What happened to rock throwing? No rocks in a while. So sad.

Gem powder suggestions:

- water burst
  - steam burst
  - sleep cloud
  - lightning
  - stun
  - insanity: attack allies
  - fear: run away
  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizing_fasciitis

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Necrotizing fasciitis's primary symptom (...necrosis) is already in the game, so that makes it a bit easier. Fear and lightning are Things What Can't Be Done there. Water burst would be a bit iffy.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Necrotizing fasciitis's primary symptom (...necrosis) is already in the game, so that makes it a bit easier. Fear and lightning are Things What Can't Be Done there. Water burst would be a bit iffy.

Lightning is done with the stormbringer secret, and is ridiculously overpowered.

Now, gem powder suggestions:
mundane, supposing they can be stockpiled:
-high value glazing material
-compressing it into a boulder made of thar gem. Diamond statues, here I come!
"magical"
-use it in potions. Common gems, or simple glass, is for crappy/risky potions, rare gems for strong, stabilized ones.

Also, other suggestion:
- please dial back the building sizes/materials, Chapterhouse and Thaumaturgy Guild are a pain in the ass to build.
- maybe no plants for Occult Grove? They wither, and then disappear, and the building deconstructs when that happens.
- Occult Grove: snow is nice, but can you make water outside freeze, too? That would make some awesome traps...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:32:40 am by Tirion »

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think i found the skill modifiers in creature_civ but I can't find a block for clockworks.
Since all their skills are 50% does that mean they never needed a change from the pre set average?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, all dwarves get 50% skill learn rates and then buffs from castes. Clockworks just stay like that.

@Tirion I agree that tons of materials required is a bit tiresome now that I play my own mod again :D. I will look into that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Because I'm lazy I just copy and pasted from the other castes except for Scrolls and hearth. However according to Dwarf Therapist it isn't working. 

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fun facts about Occult Grove-made druids:
-they don't show up in Dwarf Therapist, but in the game itself they are still listed among your dwarves (the same way enemy necromancers are named, so "Obok McSpammer Dwarf of Scrolls Miller druid"), can be given jobs and put into squads.
-they use the Empower interaction on everything friendly they come across, generating lots of useless combat reports. Is there a way to turn those off? Dunno if they use Heal at all.
-they use the Direwolf transformation every time they'd flee from an enemy. Sometimes they transform even when in the military, but so far I only got that with musket/crossbow squads. Healing any and all injuries this way is quite awesome, but dropping all clothes can be a pain in the ass.
-druids in melee squads fight normally, and cast Harm on enemies. Neat.

Questions about other transformations:
-I saw geomancers in the raws, where do I make them?
-I activated and upgraded a war centurion (tame) and a utility spider into flamethrower versions, they display the name but don't shoot from behind fortifications. A Jade Cannon standing on the same tile shoots at enemies. Did I miss something? Should I also give them a power core (what does that one do?)?

Also, have you considered removing [SHAPED] from caps? It'd make 'over clothing' uniforms viable again.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:42:57 am by Tirion »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 108