Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330336 times)

Azorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure is no option,it comes bundled with Windows
    • View Profile

I personally have a few questions (Don't laugh though, Cause I am a complete noob when it comes to Genesis):

I have always wanted to get into the Genesis mod as hardcore as I have Normal DF, but the only way I ever got good at the vanilla version is following numerous (and I mean hours on end, I've probably spent more time watching/reading guides than playing) guides on it. But I haven't ever been able to find a guide or at least a LP on the Genesis Mod.

This being so, It's been quite hard for me to get into the Fortress mode of Genesis. I was wondering if anybody knew of some sort of guide or LP for it? It would help me tremendously and soon I would become a regular fan. Thanks for the help in advance.

Also, I've noticed that the tileset for Genesis is.. How do I say, It feels off. It feels. Wonky. Ironhand and Phoebus all feel wonky and ACII is alright. But they are either too small, or too big, or make all the text weird. Any pointers to help with that as well?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Can you tell me what's wrong with the tileset in your opinion? It's pretty much the same tileset with a few custom tiles.

Also there's a manual included in the download, have you read it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, is it normal if my dwarves collect/dump some "fire" (grey sand-like stuff) from the stone floor after a Jade Cannon had it's way with some invaders? Should I worry, or the stuff is inert if it didn't evaporate/combust the first time around? Temperature is on, and the targets did catch on fire... I wonder if I could set grass, or moss, or wooden grates on fire with jade cannons, with a web farm-like setup.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:46:43 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Azorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure is no option,it comes bundled with Windows
    • View Profile

Can you tell me what's wrong with the tileset in your opinion? It's pretty much the same tileset with a few custom tiles.

It could just be me, but, for me at least, the Tileset always overlaps other things. Mainly in adventure mode (all I've worked with so far) items will overlap each other and I'll only be able to read half of it. It's not eh tileset, but the spacing of it. Could just be  a problem of my own though.

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can voidspawn wildlife be nerfed? I expected, when I went to a half haunted map, there to be freakish weather and maybe some more dangerous wildlife. What i did not expect was flying tentacle gods immune to all my weapons. A single one flew by after first immigration, slaughtered all but two of my dwarves who I had to then clockwork to prevent melancholy. I survived for another year. As the second dwarven caravan came four Voidspawn McWorldBurner came along. The bodyguards were slaughtered (one even had a moonsilver greataxe that would only tear the skin) and the merchants were hunted down and killed. That left 4 jade cannons free to set alight the entire map without doing any damage to the actual targets.

Also I had problems activating bought Utility Spiders. I ran the reaction but the cloud didn't reach it even though it was only one tile away (as close you can place one as far as i know), I couldn't even see the cloud it dispersed so fast..

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can voidspawn wildlife be nerfed? I expected, when I went to a half haunted map, there to be freakish weather and maybe some more dangerous wildlife. What i did not expect was flying tentacle gods immune to all my weapons. A single one flew by after first immigration, slaughtered all but two of my dwarves who I had to then clockwork to prevent melancholy. I survived for another year. As the second dwarven caravan came four Voidspawn McWorldBurner came along. The bodyguards were slaughtered (one even had a moonsilver greataxe that would only tear the skin) and the merchants were hunted down and killed. That left 4 jade cannons free to set alight the entire map without doing any damage to the actual targets.

Also I had problems activating bought Utility Spiders. I ran the reaction but the cloud didn't reach it even though it was only one tile away (as close you can place one as far as i know), I couldn't even see the cloud it dispersed so fast..

Heh. I looked at living metal in-game, looked up the [EVIL] tree I'd have to use to make it, then looked up evil creatures. Then resolved not to ever go where they live  :o

As for spiders and centurions, I activated 2 in 3 tries, by pasturing it directly on the walkable center tile of the automaton workshop.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It could just be me, but, for me at least, the Tileset always overlaps other things. Mainly in adventure mode (all I've worked with so far) items will overlap each other and I'll only be able to read half of it. It's not eh tileset, but the spacing of it. Could just be  a problem of my own though.
Ah, Ironhand is 18x18, that may cause it if you use resolutions lower than 1920xsomething.

You should place them ONTO workshop, the cloud should not "reach" it, I should have made it clearer in the manual, the creature should be within workshop itself. I will make the workshop bigger I guess.

You are the first one giving feedback on the evil biome. I guess not many people actually played there for long. I removed zombification there and decided to balance it out with strong creatures, I guess I overdid it. Thank you for the feedback, I will look into it ASAP.

P.S. Is it voidspawn only? Other creatures are pretty ok. I guess the problem comes from me making ALL of their body materials quite resistant, which makes their fat to act like a really strong armor. Also their cluster numbers are a bit too high.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:26:52 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like their weakness to moonsilver wasn't enough to matter- looking at the raws, they don't even have it, maybe they should. Or is it voidsteel? Also, am I the only one who thinks they still should be cleansed by fire? Lore-wise, it's supposed to be purifying after all... not that they being [FLIER] are likely to perish in a bushfire.

EDIT: Found it! In data/init/announcements.txt
[INTERACTION_ACTOR:A_D:UCR]
[INTERACTION_TARGET:A_D:UCR]
should be
[INTERACTION_ACTOR:A_D:UCR_A]
[INTERACTION_TARGET:A_D:UCR_A]
to avoid druid empower combat report spam, while still allowing us to see sneaky necros casting lifebreak, or storm dragons casting chain lightning.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:41:45 am by Tirion »

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't notice any of the other animals being too overpowered. Though I think I saw a Tar Hog band that was 8 Hogs strong. That would have been a rather terrifying experience had they ventured closer to the fort.

Also Jade Cannon fire will either glance away or bruise the skin, voidspawns don't seem to catch fire either.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:00:16 am by Rainbows »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't notice any of the other animals being too overpowered. Though I think I saw a Tar Hog band that was 8 Hogs strong. That would have been a rather terrifying experience had they ventured closer to the fort.

Also Jade Cannon fire will either glance away or bruise the skin, voidspawns don't seem to catch fire either.

Note how all their tissues have fixed temperature. Those bastards are fireproof.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suggestion: for Clockwork and remade healthcare, add these to [TISSUE:METAL] and [TISSUE:BRONZE] in creature_civ.txt
   [SETTABLE]
   [SPLINTABLE]
They get fractured quite easily, and take years to heal with only bandages and sutures. Plus, "fixing" metal limbs with (metal) splints sounds both logical and pretty cool to me.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I already did for the next version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5.30 Manual indicates bronze centurions are made at a soul forge. No soul forge listed in the workshops build menu.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, I forgot to fix a few things in the manual. Thanks for the heads up, I was doing changes on my phone at work :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm getting the impression that centurions are no longer crafted in the fortress, that they have to be imported from merchants and have to be activated. Is this true?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 108