No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 262982 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4215 on: October 25, 2012, 12:18:46 am »

[Catfolk form?]

"Well, you're looking a bit worse for wear, mate. Can't say whether or not I envy you."

Wierd gave the mummy a bloodshot look. "You don't," he said. "Why the hell are you dragging that pitchfork?" The scraping of the metal on the stone wasn't helping his head, the sound feeling like it ricocheted around in his skull.

"Oh, I was just out for some holy retribution," replied Roead. "Little bastards damn well won't bother me again... course, they're dead now. Or wish they were...."

A good mood and Roead had never seemed like two simultaneous events to Weird before, but he figured that if anything could put the mummy into one, it would have to be violent marauding. "What exactly did you want?"

"I thought I might ask what the hell I missed last night. I asked that tin-can bloke on the way in, but the bugger's real testy today, strangled me of all people about lack of discipline and respect, the whippersnapper. Don't know what the hell 'is problem is."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: October 25, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »

[Catfolk form?]

He is transformed into a humanoid lion.  All I can tell you now.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: October 26, 2012, 01:19:24 am »

When did the soldier get the ability to turn into a lion?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: October 26, 2012, 09:24:55 am »

When did the soldier get the ability to turn into a lion?

I can tell you that he gained it recently, and has no idea he has it.

Edit: And not just a lion, a humanoid lion.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:51:03 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: October 26, 2012, 01:30:48 pm »

What?

Someone help me out here, this is very confusing. Why did the human soldier suddenly gain the ability to turn into an anthropomorphic lion?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: October 26, 2012, 01:51:28 pm »

...Witchcraft!... Khajiiti witchcraft!

Or he's a werelion?

He would be a very boring character if he wasn't a shapeshifter with no control over his powers, perhaps?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: October 26, 2012, 02:07:46 pm »

1-...Witchcraft!... Khajiiti witchcraft!

2-Or he's a werelion?

3-He would be a very boring character if he wasn't a shapeshifter with no control over his powers, perhaps?

1- Wrong
2- Kinda.  Difficult to explain/Do not want to post a spoiler.
3- He will get some sort of control.  Somewhat.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: October 26, 2012, 03:16:44 pm »

My first thought was "Cathar witchcraft!" It's strange that the cathar would come to mind before the Khajiit though...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: October 26, 2012, 03:19:04 pm »

My first thought was "Cathar witchcraft!" It's strange that the cathar would come to mind before the Khajiit though...
No, it's obviously Futar witchcraft. Just kidding. Although I know Exactly what is going on, Zanz.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: October 26, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »

Weird groaned, put a hand on the bridge of his nose, and shook it gently side to side.

".......I was hoping you could tell me.." he said in weak exasperation. "..hardly anything involving alcohol goes on without you catching wind of it. I was half expecting some nasty rumor about lewd conduct with the brewer sisters, from what little I can remember of last night...."

The mummy's posture stiffened, then tilted into a pose that veritably shouted interest in potentially juicy gossip like that. It was probably something that he had grown into very adempty during his life as a merchant; knowing your customer's dirty laundry helped you offer products and services of more personal natures by knowing who needed them, as well as helping to expose means of offering such, discretely.

There was also the money to be made through keeping quiet. Something he very much doubted Rhoead would at all take exception to. Secrets themselves were as good as coin as well, to those looking to buy.

"Don't get too excited, you dusty old letch." Weird said in reaction to the change in the mummy's posture. "All I did last night was cook some food for the party, and get suckered into trying some experimental rum thosw two had made, and honestly, I don't remember much of anything after that. I woke up in my room with all my stuff and with my clothes on, and that's good enough for me."

The dessicated and bandaged remains of the ancient merchant prince rocked its head back and roared out a hearty belly laugh, causing weird to wince from the sound as it rang in his head.

"Sounds to me like you didn't get nearly drunk enough!" Laughed the old corpse. "But good job on helping get the night off right! I've heard all kinds of stories today. 'Shame I missed it!"

"Like?"

"I heard that the elf fellow with the axes for hands got piss faced drunk, broke a table, and got his axeblades into cracks in the floor for starters... then there was the pin the beard on the dwarven maiden contest.... I even heard that one of the party goers was wearing a cat tallow roast as a hairpiece."

"I can confirm the first and the last one, but the beard pinning contest is news to me."

"Really now?" Asked the mummy, that unnantural interest manifesting itself in his posture once more. "Tell me more..."

Weird shook his head. Short of doing something stupid like verbally abusing a sadistic deadguy with a pitchfork (who enjoyed thrusting it into arseholes, by the mummy's own admission), he didn't think there would be a way to be rid of the bothersome revenant. Well... maybe rhoead's unhealthy curiosities and interest in the previous nights antics could shed some light on Rikod's whereabouts.... geeze he needed that kaolin smoothie something fierce!

"Tell you what, I'll tell you everything I remember seeing last night, if you can find that ceramicist I've been working with all week. I have a bellyache from that gutrot like you wouldn't believe, and know just how to fix it, and that fellow has exactly what I need ti cook it up. Deal?"

"Consider it done.."

"Great. let's get going."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: October 26, 2012, 07:55:30 pm »

[Zanzetkuken: the thing is, this just comes right the hell out of nowhere. It's literally "BTW he's a cat right now." I think he would have noticed, and people would react to seeing a lion-thing randomly walking about the fort. Except if he's sneaking, but then his absence would be making Vemini suspicious.]

"Young shits, first they raise such a bloody racket as to raise the dead, then they throw a carousal fit to raise the dead and don't even think to invite the dead raised!" Roead shook his head. "I tell ya, some good old-fashioned grain-derived fun is brilliant and all, but it sure does yank one's bollocks in the morning. I'd say you'd best get them back to work, so they don't start thinking they get to laze about just for their aching heads. People these days, fewer of 'em got real backbone."

They strolled past a bedroom, briefly glancing at one dwarf dunking another's head in a bucket of presumably cold water. "Say, how is that unholy chicken of yours doing, then?"

[Gizogin, I feel it's time for a checkup, but first you'd have to finish your scene.]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: October 26, 2012, 09:10:22 pm »

[The transformation was unnoticed to him, due to his mind being focused elsewhere.  Add to that the fact that the transformation JUST NOW HAPPENED, no one would notice unless they went past at the time he was standing there in a khajiit form.  Even if they did go past him, they wouldn't notice due to their hangovers.  By the way, he was standing at the end of the hallway where Roead and Joykill were speaking.]

Seeing that they were about to leave, Mita's strangely advanced hearing dispersed, and he walked over to Joykill.

"Joykill, there is something I found that you might find interesting."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:24:54 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: October 26, 2012, 11:18:11 pm »

[Not everyone is hungover, as it takes a hell of a lot of liquor to piss a dwarf. I just wonder where this ability even came from.]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: October 27, 2012, 01:52:44 am »

[also, Joykill has only seen the guy once when he helped drag him to the infirmary pitch after the slashdiver explosion, he wasnt a kittyfaced walking fur fettish then, and screwing with wierd's mind like that isnt a very good idea, especially when he is hung over, stressed out, and crabby. Wierd has seen some pretty screwed up shit by now, so one more bit of WTF like that is going to be met with a "Sure, why not? Everything ELSE is crazy in this world too, why not cat people? It makes perfect sense!" (in a super sarcastic voice). He isnt quite at "Doesnt care about anything anymore" hardcore status yet, but its pushing it.   There are two distinctly possible reactions wierd could have to being called by name by an unknown entity of unknown nature like that so familiarly. Raised fireball in hand, and a sardonic "Am I seeing what I think I am seeing?" asked at Rhoead, followed by "Friend of yours?" (implied about his night of arse poking on night creatures.) Wierd is a pretty acidic personality when perfectly cogent. He's downright unpleasant when not feeling well. In that respect, him and Rhoead probably have a lot in common.]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: October 27, 2012, 04:46:12 pm »

["Sure, why not? Everything ELSE is crazy in this world too, why not cat people? It makes perfect sense!"

[We already have various species of cat-animal-people! Lynx men, tigermen... Etc...

God damn, there are a lot of animal-people. And the worst part is that in adventure mode you can't butcher them when you're a carnivore and stuck in a region with nothing but animal-people and birds that are still too small to butcher. I would like to see Toady make large birds like ravens and eagles an exception to a region's wildlife population, so they don't count as one of the region's populations and replace other, more important things like deer and wolves... And dingos, as of late.]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 306