Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Paint to Roll - Turn 7: Run from the ifrit!  (Read 13743 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paint to Roll: Sign-ups
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 11:58:46 pm »

I blame part of the time it is taking for me to draw my character due to the lack of bolt-action rifles in this setting. On other news, almost got my first drawing finished.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 03:49:06 pm »

Here it is, I tried to squeeze everything inside a drawing. I hope Nirur can understand this jumbling.

If you have any questions, go for it, I have some tests to study for and could not color it. Maybe later.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:57:42 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

I should have known that someone would make a character I'd feel bad about drawing quickly.

Now we're just waiting on ExKirby, and I'll be unable to continue procrastinating on the first scene.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 04:12:43 pm »

Wow, Caellath, that character looks awesome, but isn't it a bit excessive to dual wield rifles? Just asking :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:14:44 pm by NightS »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 04:12:57 pm »

I should have known that someone would make a character I'd feel bad about drawing quickly.

Now we're just waiting on ExKirby, and I'll be unable to continue procrastinating on the first scene.
No problem with the whole "drawing quickly" thing, my action images will also be simpler. By the way, he is clad in black, I'm coloring that later.

Wow, Caellath, that character looks awesome, but isn't it a bit excessive to dual wield rifles? Just asking :D
Define excessive >.>
>Yes?

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 04:15:23 pm »

Excessive as in overkill :P Well, i'm a dwarf with a flamethrower, so i have not much to say.
Also, who is it based of? It kinda looks like a character of a manga i read some time ago...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 04:17:31 pm »

Excessive as in overkill :P Well, i'm a dwarf with a flamethrower, so i have not much to say.
Also, who is it based of? It kinda looks like a character of a manga i read some time ago...
I actually did not base it in anyone in particular, as far as I know. I don't remember any character like him, but Alucard from Hellsing may be the closest thing to an influence I may find.
>Yes?

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 04:27:20 pm »

Well, with guns of that size Alucard could have been dual wielding rifles perfectly :P
With based in i meant inspired, i just did not find the perfect word to express myself.
The main detail that i saw was the cross shoulderpad, it kinda looks like the one of Tres, a character from Trinity Blood.
That is what drove me to ask you :D

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 03:19:06 pm »

ExKirby has dropped out. I'll be trying to get the first pictures done by Wednesday. There are still two slots open if anyone else wants to join.

Please review your characters.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Matost(NightS) (click to show/hide)

Caellath: Explosive shot will be expensive to import, so I'm assuming you wanted to spend your starting money for a fourth set. Reloading automatically happens with the last ammo used whenever it's be safe to stand around reloading.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:58:17 pm by Nirur Torir »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 03:22:18 pm »

Looks good!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 03:24:22 pm »

Caellath: Explosive shot will be expensive to import, so I'm assuming you wanted to spend your starting money for a fourth set. Reloading automatically happens with the last ammo used whenever it's be safe to stand around reloading.
No problem in expending my gold. But since each musket (with attached bayonet) occupies two slots, my original intention was that with the bayonets attached they gave bonuses to both to ranged attack and to melee (halving the damage bonus given to the musket itself), since my character would be pretty weak if he could only spend his muskets' ammo then run away to a safe place to reload.

Also, does Acrobatics allow dodging?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:59:15 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 03:51:34 pm »

Perfecto!
Only thing is that i expected the flamethrower to add +1 to cooking too, but i did not think about the ignite effect. It is perfect as it is right now, no need to change anything :)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 04:04:06 pm »

No problem in expending my gold. But since each musket (with attached bayonet) occupies two slots, my original intention was that with the bayonets attached they gave bonuses to both to ranged attack and to melee (halving the damage bonus given to the musket itself).

Also, does Acrobatics allow dodging?
Oh, right, you wanted dual slot weapons. Fixed.

Do you want Acrobatics to level slower and work as an expanded dodge skill that also gives a bonus for climbing and the like, or more focused and just dodging certain traps and other acrobatic activities?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

Do you want Acrobatics to level slower and work as an expanded dodge skill that also gives a bonus for climbing and the like, or more focused and just dodging certain traps and other acrobatic activities?
Level slower and work as an expanded dodge.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »

((I don't want to hold the game up too much, but would like to join. I am untalented at art using paint, so do you guys have a better, free, alternative? Even if not, gonna join, if it's not a hastle.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:01:15 pm by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13