Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72416 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Meatweed and Blood)
« Reply #540 on: July 21, 2012, 04:44:03 pm »

Try to fuse the souls again. I'm close, I can feel it!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 21, 2012, 04:46:04 pm »

Head back to base, hauling the crab bits with me.
Butcher the crab, then drain life from the trees.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:28:56 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 21, 2012, 04:49:26 pm »

Rhedarios sighs after his efforts kind of pay off. He feels he needs to rest a little lest he ends up with a major headache and failing his next attempt at magic. He sighs and looks at Rachel.
"Hmm...Yes?"

Rest for a while while reading Greg's Anatomy book (to try restoration magic yet again soon, not now though).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:55:02 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 21, 2012, 06:01:37 pm »

"Base" as in the cluster of teammates next to a cave? You were never that far off, if you're wondering.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 21, 2012, 06:45:47 pm »

Rest for a while (to try restoration magic yet again soon; not now though).
((You could loot my book that your character might or might not have heard mine muttering about. I am nearly 9.67% certain that reading an anatomy book would help with your exploding magic problem.))

Have traumatic dreams about everyone everywhere laughing at how utterly pathetic I am.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 21, 2012, 07:28:30 pm »

((How much time do I need to rest to get rid from the "exhausted" state? Can I read while I do that?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2012, 07:29:24 pm »

((How much time do I need to rest to get rid from the "exhausted" state? Can I read while I do that?))
Depends. Probably not long, and probably yes.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2012, 10:31:37 pm »

Oh good, that seemed to have worked quite well. Damnation be damned.

Poor fellow probably needed to be in the water to get the full benefit of the fusion...

Roll Lamar the firemage into the water, make sure he can breathe. Consult my book more leisurely about human-plant hybrids. Look for means of healing such a creature.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2012, 10:55:51 pm »

((@Draignean: Huh...I have the impression you'll drown him. Oh wait. He's basically dead already. Move on, at least he'll be a wet kelp.))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:11:06 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 22, 2012, 07:22:39 am »

Absorb nutrients through my new kelp-like hybridized appendages.

((my routers gonna be off until my internet resets so irony may have to autopilot me, hopefully back to some semblance of surviving.))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:26:43 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 22, 2012, 09:02:31 am »

((my routers gonna be off until my internet resets so irony may have to autopilot me, hopefully back to some semblance of surviving.))

((Don't worry, I'm rooting for you. *rimshot*

Honestly though, half plant fire mage will be a... unique combination. Perhaps your mask will prevent you from lighting yourself on fire.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 25, 2012, 08:31:16 pm »

Prologue: Pining for the Fjords

Try to fuse the souls again. I'm close, I can feel it!
[4+2-2] You gently mold Lamar's soul with that of the seaweed... stuff. He now looks a bit calmer as he slowly transforms into an unholy amalgamation of plant and man.

+1 Necromancy

Butcher the crab, then drain life from the trees.
[6] You get a bit overenthusiastic. Surely dessicated crab powder is useful for something.

There aren't really any trees right near you, being a beach and all. There's probably some not too far inland, though.

Rhedarios sighs after his efforts kind of pay off. He feels he needs to rest a little lest he ends up with a major headache and failing his next attempt at magic. He sighs and looks at Rachel.
"Hmm...Yes?"

Rest for a while while reading Greg's Anatomy book (to try restoration magic yet again soon, not now though).
[2] The book seems a bit dense, so you mainly stare at the diagrams without learning anything.

[5] You feel revitalized!

Rest for a while (to try restoration magic yet again soon; not now though).
((You could loot my book that your character might or might not have heard mine muttering about. I am nearly 9.67% certain that reading an anatomy book would help with your exploding magic problem.))

Have traumatic dreams about everyone everywhere laughing at how utterly pathetic I am.
[3] You dream about your friends laughing at you. Wait, do these people count as friends? They're more like partners in crime by this point.

[4] You feel a bit better.

+2 HP

Oh good, that seemed to have worked quite well. Damnation be damned.

Poor fellow probably needed to be in the water to get the full benefit of the fusion...

Roll Lamar the firemage into the water, make sure he can breathe. Consult my book more leisurely about human-plant hybrids. Look for means of healing such a creature.
[5] You expertly roll Lamar into the shallow water, ensuring water washes over his plant parts while not washing over his breathing holes. It's hard to tell if it's helping.

[3] You manage to get your book to a section on unnatural abominations, where it mainly just notes that whatever was used to create a crime against nature can generally be used to heal it.

Absorb nutrients through my new kelp-like hybridized appendages.

[1] You gurgle, spasm, and more or less die. Only your soul's connection to the plant prevents you from leaving your body entirely, and instead you enter a vaguely dreamlike state.

[3] "Your" body feels wet and cold.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Pining for the Fjords)
« Reply #552 on: July 25, 2012, 08:39:08 pm »

Rhedarios stood up with energy, revitalized and hoping his next attempts at !!MAGIC!! wouldn't be as disastrous as before. The small amount of time he dedicated to resting didn't get him enough time to understand the his scaly companion's book, but he'd try to improve by himself anyway.
"Ok...I have to try once more."

Rhedarios tries to heal himself again with simple restoration magic.
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 25, 2012, 08:58:54 pm »

Explore my new-found ability to sense changes in my physical condition while sleeping.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 25, 2012, 09:06:27 pm »

Deposit the crab seasoning at camp, continue hunting.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43