Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72702 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: It's A... Thing)
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48:20 pm »

((Or when he has a one-liner short enough to not really matter on the grand scale.))
Now's probably a good time to mention that talking is more or less a free action. Diplomacy and such is not, but one-liners and the like qualify.
((Got it. Added a suitably orcish one-liner for when she tries to fight us.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2012, 08:49:10 pm »

Clarence said nothing because he could say nothing, at this point he was as useful as a bag full of old sticks.  Hell, if he kept getting more splinters, he was going to become a bag of old sticks.

Bide time, wait, rest, recuperate. DIG THAT SPLINTER OUT OF MY HAND. Stick it in a vial when/if I get it out.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:05 pm »

Clarence said nothing because he could say nothing, at this point he was as useful as a bag full of old sticks.  Hell, if he kept getting more splinters, he was going to become a bag of old sticks.

Bide time, wait, rest, recuperate. DIG THAT SPLINTER OUT OF MY HAND. Stick it in a vial when/if I get it out.

((id try to use fleshwarping to force it out of your thumb but knowing my luck id probably roll a negative one (1-3+1) and turn your splinter into a large stake which would then replace your forearm... on second thought do you wanna try that?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2012, 08:57:53 pm »

((id try to use fleshwarping to force it out of your thumb but knowing my luck id probably roll a negative one (1-3+1) and turn your splinter into a large stake which would then replace your forearm... on second thought do you wanna try that?))
((...You could at least try to shape it as a hook. But then I guess it would fail again.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2012, 08:59:15 pm »

((...You could at least try to shape it as a hook. But then I guess it would fail again.))

((or i could fail so horribly that it turns into a bow... then all he has to do is make a string for it... and find some arrows...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19:22 pm »

((You warp Draignean's flesh, attempting to remove the splinter! (1-3+1) He turns into a giant piece of wood, with a tiny irate old man embedded in its side!

Yeah, I think I'm fine just trying to get it out the mundane way. If it doesn't work, then I'll call you in.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2012, 09:49:49 pm »

Prologue: "Diplomacy" and "Healing"

((I assume I got a -2 to conversations with Ms. Rogue))
"I'll handle this. Only enter combat if negotiations fail." Gus steps into the mire, and speaks to her, playing to her ego, first attempting to make them think they were refugees, adopting a scared, helpless look. If that fails, convince her to join us. "Oh it's a guard! Thank god. We were running from some bandits, when we met you. I'm sure that a big scary imperial soldier like you could fight them off!" If she sees through his deception, he straightens his back, and says . "Why are you working for the emperor, and trying to give them more power when you could work for yourself, and have the power yourself."
[3+1-1] "Save it, knave. We'll catch whoever was near you soon enough."

[1-1+1] "Kill them all!" the voice shouts angrily.

Well. That didn't go well.

Rhedarios was on the verge of tears due to the shameful animal happiness taking hold of him when the coward pirate bailed out and left the group in the path. It was a welcome distraction, and maybe that way the woman could stop fondling his ears. In fact, he uses the moment to explain it to Rachel the Lieutenant Rogue:
"Hm...miss, I believe I have not yet told you my name...I am called Rhedarios Eanafaen, and I am afraid to tell you that fondling my ears is not the same as doing that to a household cat. It is kind of difficult to explain it, but both my ears and my tail are very sensitive areas...In fact, it is the kind of thing only a couple shares...And doing it with such enthusiasm is actually a type of...err...I think foreplay is the word...And, well...my hair may be an alternative, right?"

He expects she got the message, proceeding to turn towards the fuzzy thing, his eyes shining with renewed hope of not being molested further.
"May you grant us the honor of introducing yourself?"

Rhedarios does the above. He also tries to identify the creature using his perception skills.
[5] "Ohhhh, no wonder you were wriggling so much. You do have nice hair though, I'll have to see what I can do with that..."

She starts messing with your hair.

[6] "I am Illrya De Markanov, third Captain of the Seventh Company of the Eaglemaw Legion, Knight Errant and thirteenth in line for the title of Earl of Keep Daulrin of Narcmarch!" she shouts back victoriously.

By the gods an imperial patrol, thank the fates lads we can get some medical aid after our run in with those bandits.

attempt to pacify the feminine imperial by saying we were set upon by bandits and ask for medical aid, offer extremely burnt hands as "proof" of how much effort it took to drive them off

if this fails allow Spinal_Taper to try to make her switch sides never mind spinals doing it for me.

attempt to invent a fleshwarping spell equivalent to cure minor wounds instead.

((I have no idea what's going on here. Strikeout everything you don't want to do.))

[2-2-1+1] You scream in agony as your hands melt and roil, skin slowly sloughing off in shudders.

-5 HP
Now unconscious
+2 Fleshwarping
Flayed Hands: -3 hands actions, -1 all actions

He starts to nibble on one of his own long white-furred ears while checking the scrolls for data.
((Does he always idly chew his ears while reading?))

Should the talking shape turn hostile, prepare to create a magical disc of shielding to hover protectively in front of Lyonson.
[2-2+2] You create a short-lived spasm of power in front of Lamar's unconscious, slightly skinless form.

((No, he'll trap the puny fuzzy thing in dried mud, tell everyone he's got dibs on her skull and then strike a series of poses. He only takes chances when he outmatches the other side. Or when he has a one-liner short enough to not really matter on the grand scale.))

If Fuzzball doesn't attack us outright, but also doesn't cease trying to arrest us by the time Gus and Rhedarios are finished with her: inconspicuously solidify the mud around her into a thick layer of earth, preventing her from moving or dodging in the future.

If she does attack us: de-animate her feet! Drain the physical power from Fuzzball's legs, slowing her down and crippling her ability to dodge.
"Surrender yourself, bitch!"

[6-2+2] You hurl a debilitating curse at the fuzzy thing.

[1+2] vs [10+4] Unfortunately, it misses absolutely miserably.

+2 Necromancy

[3-1] No dice on the splinter. It's in there nice and good.

[5] You do relax for a bit regardless, though, and feel better for it.

+3 HP

A pair of bolts fly out of the rain near the fuzzy shape, each towards a different target.

[3+2+2] vs [5-1] One hits Gustavo in the shoulder. It's not deep, but it is startling.

[9+2+2] vs [7-1] The other lodges in Eric's side.

[5] Now you see them- brown fuzzy- yeah, those look like cloaked, kneeling figures trying to blend in. This was an ambush.

Gustavo:
-3 HP
+5 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger!

Eric:
-7 HP
+6 Dodging
Now Novice Dodger!

The other shape charges the fuzzy inquisitor.

[3] Fortunately for him, it's slowed by the mud, and can't get some proper momentum going. As it approaches, you can finally make it out- it's a mounted woman in fairly elaborate armor wielding a very shiny sword. The bluish was from her armor.

[8+4-1] vs [6+1] Despite being slowed by the mud, she manages to deliver a glancing blow to Rhedarios' chest.

Rhedarios:
-4 HP
+2 Dodging

Rachel responds accordingly.

[2+2] vs [2+4] She flails at the knight as the knight flails out of the way.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: "Diplomacy" and "Healing")
« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »

Prologue: "Diplomacy" and "Healing"
By the gods an imperial patrol, thank the fates lads we can get some medical aid after our run in with those bandits.

attempt to pacify the feminine imperial by saying we were set upon by bandits and ask for medical aid, offer extremely burnt hands as "proof" of how much effort it took to drive them off

if this fails allow Spinal_Taper to try to make her switch sides never mind spinals doing it for me.

attempt to invent a fleshwarping spell equivalent to cure minor wounds instead.
((I have no idea what's going on here. Strikeout everything you don't want to do.))

[2-2-1+1] You scream in agony as your hands melt and roil, skin slowly sloughing off in shudders.

-5 HP
Now unconscious
+2 Fleshwarping
Flayed Hands: -3 hands actions, -1 all actions

okay that's pretty much what i wanted to do except that i was meant to invent that spell but not cast it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:00:40 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »

((I really, really should have tried to puppy-eye my way out of that.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2012, 10:00:37 pm »

Trip the horse up with a rod of magic on the long-titled person's next charge, hopefully launching her face down into the mud at the feet of her target.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2012, 10:01:50 pm »

uhh i was meant to invent the spell not cast it
That wouldn't really have done anything, though.

((I really, really should have tried to puppy-eye my way out of that.))
Told you. Could've started your own molestery harem instead of being ridden down in the mud. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »

uhh i was meant to invent the spell not cast it
That wouldn't really have done anything, though.

it would have told me if it would be possible to heal myself through fleshwarping, plus you let me do it for fireproofing myself :/
i am now thoroughly confused as to the mechanics of my own magic school

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 17, 2012, 10:07:15 pm »

Throw a huge wave of mud in the crossbowmen's direction, trying to knock them down and blind them with a thick layer of dirt on their faces.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:16:51 pm by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2012, 10:08:16 pm »

Told you. Could've started your own molestery harem instead of being ridden down in the mud. :P
((...Maybe battling someone way stronger than me does not happen to be so bad.
...No, nevermind. We'll be killed. I'll try puppy eyes as she tries to kill me. By the way, it was not me who screwed up everything >.>
It was Gus' fault after all, and she seems to have taken a liking to Rhedarios, as evidenced by her trying to kill him violently.))

Throw a huge wave of mud in the Inquisitors' direction, trying to knock them all down into the mud and blind them with a thick layer of dirt on their faces.
((Rhedarios is the only inquisitor here, it seems. They are more like common knights.))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:29:04 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 17, 2012, 10:13:28 pm »

((Rhedarios is the only inquisitor here, it seems. They are more like common knights.))
((Ah, right. Fixed.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43