Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72605 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Progress)
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2012, 10:30:31 pm »

"It's nice to know you're on our side miss. I saw how calm you were, despite a possible conflict with my acqiantances."
Gus hauls a few mouse corpses with him into the vehicle. He proceeds to make small talk with the rogue, interested in her background.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:15:07 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »

((Dammit irony i want a new die this ones trying to kill me))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »

Sorry, this one's shiny. Shiiiiiiiinyyyyyy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2012, 10:37:32 pm »

Sorry, this one's shiny. Shiiiiiiiinyyyyyy.

but i have only had 2 rolls so far that haven't resulted in me taking damage :(

go directly to the captain. do not make rolls, do not collect more damage.
if i arrive successfully, attempt to discern a way to fireproof my body through fleshwarping but do not cast the spell
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:57:02 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2012, 10:55:02 pm »

Eric ground his teeth in exasperation. Stupid mud, all interlaced with water, messing up his magic at every opportunity. That, or his control has gotten rusty in the years of using the Skull-Staff at full capacity.
Either way, there was no hope of making the entire group travel faster; the best Eric could do was save his own strength.

Cast a mud-walking spell on myself. Follow the Captain.

((Changed the spell to something more sensible. The sea-parting was more of a hurriedly-made placeholder to make sure my lack of an action doesn't delay everyone. Sorry if it was inconvenient.))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:48:19 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2012, 11:49:30 pm »

Not his ears again. Well, he would have to get used to that kind of thing from now on...No, that was not the kind of thing you get used to, and he almost immediately started acting like a giant cat suffering from unfortunate implications caused by aggressive ear-fondling. The temporary pleasure from being able to let loose a draconic roar subsided as fast as it appeared as she got back to his ears. Oh God, not there, not there. Rhedarios was definitely red and if had it been cold and with no downpour, the heat emanating from his face and mouth would've been visible.
Wisely, he decides on not speaking at all or risking him sounding very ridiculous. On the bright side, the rogue seemed to have pure intentions, and her affections were misguided by the simple fact that she did not have any idea that caressing his ears was not the same thing as doing that to a cat...Of course that not listening to him nor Clarence when they tried to explain that earlier was not a good sign. He just hoped that someday she would listen to him and stop with th~ Ohhh, not there...Low rumbling sounds from his throat were desperately muffled by Rhedarios as well as he could.

Rhedarios follows the captain. He also attempts not to "purr".
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:00:25 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2012, 12:02:23 am »

There weren't a lot of potions that could be made out of rainwater, a bunch of dead weeds, and a splinter. In fact, Illi thought grumpily, there weren't any that he could he think of at all.

Remove the splinter. Then attempt to flag down the healer to have a look at my throat, if I can't do that, then trudge on. There's nothing like rain to wipe away tracks.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2012, 06:59:15 am »

((Why do you want a rookie healer looking after your characters' wounds in moments, in the rain and darkness, when he has a book of anatomy to reference when the group stops to rest and/or during their long upcoming journey?))

Sorry, that's not something I'd want to risk healing in moments in broad daylight without this rain. If it's not too painful now, I'll wait to until we stop.

Create foil-strength magic armor boots to keep the mud off on everyone except for the plushy inquisitor, the nearly dead Lamar, and, if he hasn't succeeded, Eric. Regardless of the results, follow the captain.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2012, 07:26:27 am »

((If we are ambushed, the chances of Lamar going down are pretty high. He is unfortunate, but if he had taken part in Cowardly Peasants, then he would know that being overly ambitious when you are a noob always ends badly.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2012, 07:58:54 am »

((ill probably just hide up a tree or something, im gonna be focusing on regenerating hp if possible over the next few turns))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2012, 11:34:39 am »

((He should already hang back though, shouldn't he?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2012, 03:10:36 pm »

((Oh yeah, I just remembered something. Shouldn't Rachel's inventory have "quantum amount of knives" listed?))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2012, 04:17:16 pm »

Prologue: It's A... Thing

"It's nice to know you're on our side miss. I saw how calm you were, despite a possible conflict with my acqiantances."
Gus hauls a few mouse corpses with him into the vehicle. He proceeds to make small talk with the rogue, interested in her background.
You discover no mouse corpses.

[4-1] "Big job, on the run, you know how it goes."

+2 Conversation
Now Dabbling Conversationalist!

go directly to the captain. do not make rolls, do not collect more damage.
if i arrive successfully, attempt to discern a way to fireproof my body through fleshwarping but do not cast the spell
You successfully slog through the mud after the captain without harming yourself.

Unfortunately, you don't get so far on figuring out how you'd make yourself resistant to fire.

Eric ground his teeth in exasperation. Stupid mud, all interlaced with water, messing up his magic at every opportunity. That, or his control has gotten rusty in the years of using the Skull-Staff at full capacity.
Either way, there was no hope of making the entire group travel faster; the best Eric could do was save his own strength.

Cast a mud-walking spell on myself. Follow the Captain.

((Changed the spell to something more sensible. The sea-parting was more of a hurriedly-made placeholder to make sure my lack of an action doesn't delay everyone. Sorry if it was inconvenient.))
[5-2+1] You successfully cast a spell to let yourself walk over the mud. It's still unstable footing, but at least you don't really sink in so long as you keep your balance.

+3 Earth Magic
Now Apprentice Earth Mage

Not his ears again. Well, he would have to get used to that kind of thing from now on...No, that was not the kind of thing you get used to, and he almost immediately started acting like a giant cat suffering from unfortunate implications caused by aggressive ear-fondling. The temporary pleasure from being able to let loose a draconic roar subsided as fast as it appeared as she got back to his ears. Oh God, not there, not there. Rhedarios was definitely red and if had it been cold and with no downpour, the heat emanating from his face and mouth would've been visible.
Wisely, he decides on not speaking at all or risking him sounding very ridiculous. On the bright side, the rogue seemed to have pure intentions, and her affections were misguided by the simple fact that she did not have any idea that caressing his ears was not the same thing as doing that to a cat...Of course that not listening to him nor Clarence when they tried to explain that earlier was not a good sign. He just hoped that someday she would listen to him and stop with th~ Ohhh, not there...Low rumbling sounds from his throat were desperately muffled by Rhedarios as well as he could.

Rhedarios follows the captain. He also attempts not to "purr".
[1] You follow the captain, purring and nuzzling Rachel's hands.

There weren't a lot of potions that could be made out of rainwater, a bunch of dead weeds, and a splinter. In fact, Illi thought grumpily, there weren't any that he could he think of at all.

Remove the splinter. Then attempt to flag down the healer to have a look at my throat, if I can't do that, then trudge on. There's nothing like rain to wipe away tracks.
[1] You manage to jam it in a bit further. It's no more painful, but now it'll be even harder to get out of there.

((Why do you want a rookie healer looking after your characters' wounds in moments, in the rain and darkness, when he has a book of anatomy to reference when the group stops to rest and/or during their long upcoming journey?))

Sorry, that's not something I'd want to risk healing in moments in broad daylight without this rain. If it's not too painful now, I'll wait to until we stop.

Create foil-strength magic armor boots to keep the mud off on everyone except for the plushy inquisitor, the nearly dead Lamar, and, if he hasn't succeeded, Eric. Regardless of the results, follow the captain.
[3-3+2] You fail to create coherent magical boots, instead just caressing everyone's legs with short-lived energy tendrils.

+2 Metamagic

You slog after the captain, eventually climbing up a rocky hill and continuing over rougher, and thus somewhat less muddy, terrain. It's miserable going, being cold, wet, and difficult to do.

[6] You hear the captain shouting something that sounds like "This one's yers, lads!" before taking off incredibly quickly. Or maybe he's just moving at normal speed and you're so used to slogging through mud laced with rocks while trying not to slip that anything above a trudge looks really fast.

Regardless, a few moments later you trudge into sight of what you assume he was talking about.

[3] It's a fuzzy greyish blue shape. It starts talking in a very loud, feminine, self-righteous sounding tone.

"So, more rats trying to scurry under the mire. In the name of The Empire, surrender and accept your fates."

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: It's A... Thing)
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2012, 04:40:25 pm »

((I assume I got a -2 to conversations with Ms. Rogue))
"I'll handle this. Only enter combat if negotiations fail." Gus steps into the mire, and speaks to her, playing to her ego, first attempting to make them think they were refugees, adopting a scared, helpless look. If that fails, convince her to join us. "Oh it's a guard! Thank god. We were running from some bandits, when we met you. I'm sure that a big scary imperial soldier like you could fight them off!" If she sees through his deception, he straightens his back, and says . "Why are you working for the emperor, and trying to give them more power when you could work for yourself, and have the power yourself."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:52:01 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: It's A... Thing)
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2012, 04:48:25 pm »

Rhedarios was on the verge of tears due to the shameful animal happiness taking hold of him when the coward pirate bailed out and left the group in the path. It was a welcome distraction, and maybe that way the woman could stop fondling his ears. In fact, he uses the moment to explain it to Rachel the Lieutenant Rogue:
"Hm...miss, I believe I have not yet told you my name...I am called Rhedarios Eanafaen, and I am afraid to tell you that fondling my ears is not the same as doing that to a household cat. It is kind of difficult to explain it, but both my ears and my tail are very sensitive areas...In fact, it is the kind of thing only a couple shares...And doing it with such enthusiasm is actually a type of...err...I think foreplay is the word...And, well...my hair may be an alternative, right?"

He expects she got the message, proceeding to turn towards the fuzzy thing, his eyes shining with renewed hope of not being molested further.
"May you grant us the honor of introducing yourself?"

Rhedarios does the above. He also tries to identify the creature using his perception skills.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:30:37 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43