Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72538 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue Begins)
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2012, 09:15:11 pm »

actually with the amount of magical energy that is apparently flying every which way in this "Rift" area ants may be hard to come across... i think ill go looking for some now instead... and maybe a rat or two.. which way is it to the cellar good sir?

attempt to capture a jar of ants and a rat or two in the taverns cellar
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2012, 09:16:23 pm »

"Orc, I could assist you with that. If you come with us, after we get set up, I will get you sent off. You would owe me a favor however."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »

yes, you should come with us.... gimme a day or two once we arrive and i might be able to make you a mount that will inspire awe in the eyes of any dark lord... or at least look more impressive then walking up covered in mud and road dust...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2012, 09:29:10 pm »

"Well now, yer free to go yer own way or make me an offer I can appreciate, but as it stands ye haven't much ta convince me ta sail all th' way to tha Illerium Plains just fer your sake, now 'ave you? Karth's enemies be all around 'im as well, so don't think distance be the only barrier ta yer safe arrival."
"I expected you to be more enthusiastic about selling us rather than dropping us off in the middle of the nowhere without a guarantee that we'll buy anything in the future or even survive. But your position is understandable, too."
Eric then turned to Gus and the man in the mask:
"That's good to hear, but I don't need any more persuading to decide this. I'll go to the Rift, I'll show that place a level of warfare and destruction it has never seen, and that's final."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2012, 09:31:56 pm »

"Well now, yer free to go yer own way or make me an offer I can appreciate, but as it stands ye haven't much ta convince me ta sail all th' way to tha Illerium Plains just fer your sake, now 'ave you? Karth's enemies be all around 'im as well, so don't think distance be the only barrier ta yer safe arrival."
"I expected you to be more enthusiastic about selling us rather than dropping us off in the middle of the nowhere without a guarantee that we'll buy anything in the future or even survive. But your position is understandable, too."
Eric then turned to Gus and the man in the mask:
"That's good to hear, but I don't need any more persuading to decide this. I'll go to the Rift, I'll show that place a level of warfare and destruction it has never seen, and that's final."
Gus looked at Eric. The destructive Orc may be a source of trouble in the future."I certainly hope you don't get in anyone elses way. It'd be a shame to see our team break up like that"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »

heh it'll be fine... even if he starts a war we can just say he works for someone else then sell abominations and chemical weapons to one side or another... i mean someone always profits from any war, why shouldn't it be us?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:57 pm »

Gus looked at Eric. The destructive Orc may be a source of trouble in the future."I certainly hope you don't get in anyone elses way. It'd be a shame to see our team break up like that"
"Relax. Don't do anything foolish, don't get in my way, and the destruction will be pointed in a direction you'll all find pleasing. We're in the same boat now, so I'll have to work together with you... even the Fluffy over there."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2012, 09:42:36 pm »

heh it'll be fine... even if he starts a war we can just say he works for someone else then sell abominations and chemical weapons to one side or another... i mean someone always profits from any war, why shouldn't it be us?
He looked at the masked mage, a dissapointed look in his eyes. "What do you think war causes. Wide-Spread death and destruction, emphasize on the Wide-Spread. Any war that one of us causes will effect all of us." He turned to look at the half-orc, and said " You could win the wars, but could you stop every attack? I would find it unpleasant to see my entire lands laid to waste. Is it not more efficient to defeat your enemies via stealth and diplomacy?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:02 pm »

He looked at the masked mage, a dissapointed look in his eyes. "What do you think war causes. Wide-Spread death and destruction, emphasize on the Wide-Spread. Any war that one of us causes will effect all of us." He turned to look at the half-orc, and said " You could win the wars, but could you stop every attack? I would find it unpleasant to see my entire lands laid to waste. Is it not more efficient to defeat your enemies via stealth and diplomacy?"

stealth and diplomacy... you mean like putting a slow acting poison on a trade agreement then taking all their stuff while their busy recovering?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »

"I have been one of the architects of the army that is chasing me. Neither diplomacy nor stealth will work on them; I have made sure of that personally.
...Though I must admit: the Masked Mage's idea has some appeal to it."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:05 pm »

stealth and diplomacy... you mean like putting a slow acting poison on a trade agreement then taking all their stuff while their busy recovering?
Gus retorts "Maybe as a last resort, but why not kill off their friends, associates and warriors until they are forced to give in to your demands?" he turns to the Orc, and says "You could try removing their political supports, and let the federal government do your work for you."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2012, 09:58:32 pm »

Gus retorts "Maybe as a last resort, but why not kill off their friends, associates and warriors until they are forced to give in to your demands?" he turns to the Orc, and says "You could try removing their political supports, and let the federal government do your work for you."

you condemn my idea of profiteering from wars but you condone amassing an army and invading someones kingdom to try and take their lands and resources by force thus creating a war anyway?
i must confess i am finding your logic rather hard to follow. unless you mean political assassinations, then i follow completely
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:06:38 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:20 pm »

Rhedarios just settles on his chair and watches the genocidal discussion between Masked, Gus and Green Buttface while poking the table's underside with the sharp tips of his Talon. He also checks how are his tail ribbon arrangements going, since at least the woman had stopped messing with his ears. He was still not very fond of her poking around a draconic part of his body though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2012, 10:07:09 pm »

"The Dark Empire is its own political support. Before you ask: yes, it's working exactly as I intended it to work. The Army didn't rebel, or go crazy, or something like that. The current ruler does his job perfectly, too, even though he's unfit to rule. We had a disagreement, and now he seeks to prove me wrong in battle; that's all it is about.
Speaking of the disagreement... Captain, do you have any spare skulls in your possession? I intended to get a fresh one before we went sailing, but Fluffy here decided to fight me for it, so I never got to the actual skull-getting business."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2012, 10:10:21 pm »

Prologue

"Right then!" Renault exclaims, shoveling the scrolls back into his sack. "Time to get movin', then. If you've any further business, deal wi' it right quick, 'less you wanna be tanglin' with an Imperial patrol.

Once yer ready, we'll be leavin' one o' three ways. I suppose I'll let you lot pick tha route, but yer respons'ble fer the results, hear?

Anyways, first route's a straight shot, nice an' easy when it ain't nothin' but mud, which it is. Most obvious fer Imperial dogs, though.

Second's over a rough bit o' ground. Hard to manage, but less likely ta be caught.

Third's a bit windy but flat, bein' the long way 'round. Less likely ta be caught but takes a while."

"The Dark Empire is its own political support. Before you ask: yes, it's working exactly as I intended it to work. The Army didn't rebel, or go crazy, or something like that. The current ruler does his job perfectly, too, even though he's unfit to rule. We had a disagreement, and now he seeks to prove me wrong in battle; that's all it is about.
Speaking of the disagreement... Captain, do you have any spare skulls in your possession? I intended to get a fresh one before we went sailing, but Fluffy here decided to fight me for it, so I never got to the actual skull-getting business."

"Do I look like I carry spare skulls 'round with me? Nay, I've nothin' fer yer bone pile. None aboard ship neither, least last I's seen."

Rhedarios just settles on his chair and watches the genocidal discussion between Masked, Gus and Green Buttface while poking the table's underside with the sharp tips of his Talon. He also checks how are his tail ribbon arrangements going, since at least the woman had stopped messing with his ears. He was still not very fond of her poking around a draconic part of his body though.
[3] Noticing that you appear to be getting ready to leave, she asks where you're going. She resumes playing with your ears in the meantime.

Spoiler: Characers (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43