Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72529 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue!)
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2012, 07:48:57 am »

((@IronyOwl: How difficult is a spell to let people walk over mud, like the Captain does? Can it be cast on everyone in the group or just one person each turn?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2012, 07:50:23 am »

Finished mine. :3
((Well, it had to be an elf.
And it was the only backstory with romantic implications beneath it. Rawr. l:3 ))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2012, 07:57:11 am »

Finished mine. :3
((Well, it had to be an elf.
And it was the only backstory with romantic implications beneath it. Rawr. l:3 ))
((I've read too much mythology. And cheers to hoping Irony would keep on this! I love the concept! :D))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:39 am »

"My dear child," Clarence said in response to the girl's question, "I don't think I'm funny, I think I'm prudent. You spent the last twenty minutes groping my traveling companion. Drugging you seemed a kinder thing to do than telling you that your wubby didn't reciprocate your feelings of tactile affection. Honestly, if one of us spent any time at all weaving a piece of ribbon about your ears and buttocks you'd have us trounced by that bouncer, and rightfully so." Illi twitched his fingers slightly in the direction of the metal blade, twisting the structure into a far less useful metal. "Now put down that toy and act like a sensible woman. Your patrons are not dolls."

Politely explain to the young lady how silly she's being, transmute the blade of her knife to mercury.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2012, 11:42:48 am »

"My dear child," Clarence said in response to the girl's question, "I don't think I'm funny, I think I'm prudent. You spent the last twenty minutes groping my traveling companion. Drugging you seemed a kinder thing to do than telling you that your wubby didn't reciprocate your feelings of tactile affection. Honestly, if one of us spent any time at all weaving a piece of ribbon about your ears and buttocks you'd have us trounced by that bouncer, and rightfully so." Illi twitched his fingers slightly in the direction of the metal blade, twisting the structure into a far less useful metal. "Now put down that toy and act like a sensible woman. Your patrons are not dolls."

Politely explain to the young lady how silly she's being, transmute the blade of her knife to mercury.
Gus waits by the door, preparing to assist Clarence, if neccesary.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2012, 11:53:40 am »

Rhedarios snuck a peek at his own buttocks. Oh damn, he thought it had been the chair. He started to look sideways while holding his butt with both hands protectively as if he was afraid it could fall off at any moment.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:04:02 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2012, 02:13:35 pm »

Prologue

Rhedarios tries to use Cuteness Overload on the woman and distract her from any murderous intent.
((May be edited if a better plan appears.

Also: IS THE CAPTAIN AN ELF?))
[5+1] "Awwwwwwwww it's okay I'll protect you from the bad wizard."

[9] vs [5] She grabs you and drags you off your chair, obviously intending to keep you as some sort of giant plushie.

walk towards the snarling woman with hands help up in a non threatening manner and attempt to persuade her not to attack the old man, if persuasion fails headbutt her with mask.

if knockout is successful loot all the shiny things

[4-1-1] You fail to convince her not to stab anyone. She seems especially unimpressed with your attempts to get closer.

[8-1] vs [10+3] You swing your head forward, stumbling past her as she winds up her knife.

[2+2] vs [1-1] She shanks you in the leg.

-4 HP
+3 Pacifier
Now Dabbling Pacifier
+6 Brawler
Now Novice Brawler
+3 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger

Don't interfere with the diplomacy, but prepare to heal anyone that gets injured in case a fight breaks out. Even the female if nobody else is hurt, but leave her unconscious.
[1+1-1] You rot a bit of Lamar's leg away. The woman flashes you a :3.

3 damage dealt to Lamar

[4-1-2] She shoots you a sharp look and a muttered comment about a senile old fool.

[5+1-3] You make the dagger a bit slippery and bendy, but it doesn't fully melt. She glanced down with surprise, then throws it away and quickly draws another one just like it. Hrm.

+4 Transmutation

Gus waits by the door, preparing to assist Clarence, if neccesary.
[/quote]
You move over to intercept the nice young lady if she decided to try to stab him, which seems likely.

The other patrons seem rather fascinated and approving of the current situation.

"No fatalities," the barkeep calls over the counter.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

((@IronyOwl: How difficult is a spell to let people walk over mud, like the Captain does? Can it be cast on everyone in the group or just one person each turn?))
-2 or -3, probably. A group version would be possible but more difficult.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Shanks)
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2012, 02:21:16 pm »

((Oh, didn't she get me?
"Young lady, may you put that knife down, please? My friend meant no harm."
D: How could she interpret that as a request to keep me as a plushie? On an unrelated note, she seems pretty good with her knife.))

"Uh...guys, could you leave first? I'll try to figure something out while you go with the captain. Hopefully I'm not getting stabbed."

Edit: By the way, I seem to be her plushie and probably a makeshift shield at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:19:16 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2012, 02:24:53 pm »

"Ah, sorry! That was supposed to be a regrowth spell. I'll try an easier one."

Cast Cure Least Wounds!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2012, 03:13:17 pm »

Rhedarios suddenly has an idea. Either it works or it is shanks for everybody. And the fact the rogue woman seems awfully good at dodging and stabbing people does not contribute to their current situation.
"Lady, could you not hurt them? I know some of them are bad, but they are my traveling companions...You could join me on our trip if you so desire and decide to refrain your impulses of stabbing people. Pleeeease?"
Puppy-eyes her into not attacking my companions and tagging along instead.

He just hoped he was not to be the next one being stabbed, since he was the closest target. Unfortunately all the takedown techniques he knew involved dealing claw attacks, and the fact the woman was clearly superior to him did not help a bit.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2012, 05:28:42 pm »

Gus walks near the door and sits in the shadows, watching the situation unfold. If violence ensues, try to break up the fight without killing anyone. Shortly after, he brings his head up and walks to the trash can, where he takes the largest bottle he can.
Get ready for a fight, check the trash can for a weapon, anything the size of a beer bottle is acceptable
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:36:02 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2012, 06:35:11 pm »

dammit man you inverted the goddamn arcane polarity. Im taking this here bendy stick and buying myself a drink while you fix your incantation
Mutter curses about the leg rotting then pick up the bendy blade and limp over to the bar.
Heat her blade to just below melting point if she tries stabs anyone else.

if she pulls out yet another knife set her shoes on fire.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:59:02 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2012, 07:31:00 pm »

Oh, Eric didn't mind at all to be a silent contribution to Fluffy's getting shanked, but the situation seemed to escalate quite nicely without his help. Eric decided to attend to other matters, such as redeeming the tragic lack of tools in his inventory.

He left the tavern, leaned against a wall and started morphing mud under his feet into a round, hollow shape about two inches in diameter, a hole in its top, looking like a primitive clay jar. Such was Kelhor's method of making a quick-and-dirty soul storage device: he would later fill the jar with blood, seal it, then use the blood as a material base for the soul-binding spell. The container could be made from anything, but earth-like materials symbolized a grave, which, Kelhor believed, eased the process and reduced the speed of soul's decay outside a body.

Join the Captain on the tavern's outside. Use Earth Magic to make a Soul Jar from pressed mud.

The woman flashes you a :3.
((Waaaaait a minute. That reminds me of someone.
Is the woman wearing a yellow cloak, perchance?))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:40:04 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2012, 11:17:16 pm »

Puppy-eyes her into not attacking my companions and tagging along instead.
((Oh yeah, if I fail that action, try once again, for the sake of ending this quicker.))
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2012, 11:45:06 pm »

((@Caellath: i hope you fail first then roll a 1-1))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43