Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72349 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:27:53 pm »

Well, here you are. A talented individual, huddled in a shabby tavern in the pouring rain, trying to figure out how to get even further into the middle of nowhere while avoiding any patrols. Maybe you regret what you did, maybe you don't, but the fact remains that now you're being hunted like an animal and there's only one way out.

Well, several ways out. All amount to fleeing into the wilderness and hoping whoever they send isn't that good at their jobs, though. Maybe you feel that's justified, maybe it's ridiculous and excessive, but they intend to do it whatever you might think, so you'd best get ready.

At least you're not alone- apparently this is a popular spot for people trying to get the hell out before it's too late. Most are probably just victims of some latest crackdown, whether on murder or heresy, but several others look too interesting to be petty robbers or loud-mouthed dissidents. If anyone's going to help you get out of this alive, it just might be them.

But just leaving here isn't going to cut it- you're going to have to go very, very far if you want to escape your enemies' clutches, likely beyond any semblance of civilization. Which means relying on your personal talent to sustain you as a wanderer just isn't going to cut it- you're going to need a place to stay, a base of operations to keep you warm, well-fed, and fortified against whatever lunatics they send that deep into the middle of nowhere- or who just so happen to have been living there before you arrived.

You've got some choices there, but not many. According to the pirate captain you've acquired the services of, your main choices are serving some dark sorcerer-lord or carving a hole into the jungle or ground yourself. Seems you'll be doing a bit of management either way.

Spoiler: Short Version (click to show/hide)

Currently incomplete, notably magic schools and death and dying explanations.

Will take 6 players.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:10:04 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Recruiting!)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 11:28:19 pm »

Characters

Current Players:
(6/6)
-Caellath
-Unholy_Pariah
-HmH
-Draignean
-Spinal_Taper
-Nirur Torir

Waitlist:
-micelus
-Tiruin
-Ochita
-V-Norrec
-killerhellhound
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:27:16 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 11:28:46 pm »

Items and Materials

Unknown!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:30:22 pm by IronyOwl »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:29:16 pm »

Bestiary

Unknown!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »

The World

Unknown! Well, except that this particular spot is currently raining incredibly hard and the ground is extremely muddy, and you need to get to the coast to flee far enough to escape your enemies.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:33:27 pm by IronyOwl »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 11:31:37 pm »

-Blank spot for later use-
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:33:46 pm by IronyOwl »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:32:25 pm »

Here.
I thought you had enough spots, so I decided it was time to post. :V

Sheet here. Updated
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:36:51 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:45:09 pm »

how high above 6 do i need to roll to "accidentally" ignite the atmosphere when detonating a fire spell?

Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:13:52 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:59:50 pm »

I thought you had enough spots, so I decided it was time to post. :V
I did, no worries.

how high above 6 do i need to roll to "accidentally" ignite the atmosphere when detonating a fire spell?

also sheet incoming
Spells impose a penalty equal to their level, so while I don't quite know what spell level an apocalypse would be, you're probably looking at somewhere around an 18 total.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 12:02:40 am »

okay so if i manage an 18 the planets doomed.. good to know

what about a local ignition of lets say 50 feet in diameter?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 12:09:05 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Finished.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:19:19 pm by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 12:09:59 am »

okay so if i manage an 18 the planets doomed.. good to know

what about a local ignition of lets say 50 feet in diameter?
The question at that point is more how much damage you want to do. 50 feet is a fairly impressive diameter for just about any spell effect, though, so that'd probably add onto the difficulty a fair bit.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 12:13:02 am »

actually the question was aimed more at discovering how much of a bonus i want to get on my spell casting so i can consistently deal large amounts of damage without running the risk of vaporizing myself...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 12:15:04 am »

Done, I think.

Spoiler: Clarence Illi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:56:03 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 01:36:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:30:10 am by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43