Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245076 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath
« Reply #1320 on: September 09, 2017, 06:48:24 pm »

Part of the point of that setup is that you keep CwDT and BL at level 1 pretty much, the curse you still max.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 19, 2017, 05:00:56 am »

Do we have any rules regarding the guild stash? And one of the tab is someone's name, so I'm reluctant to take/put anything.

I also have a ton of skill gems and leveling uniques that would be useful for new players.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 19, 2017, 09:20:57 am »

Do we have any rules regarding the guild stash? And one of the tab is someone's name, so I'm reluctant to take/put anything.

I also have a ton of skill gems and leveling uniques that would be useful for new players.

I'm not seeing a tab with someone's name on it... maybe that's a parsing error?  or are you in hardcore?

I've got 7 showing Harbinger softcore: Gear - Rares - Flasks - Other - Uniques Uno (spanish 1) - Uniques Dos (spanish 2) - Add Only Storage

-----

For the levelling uniques, go ahead and toss 'em in where they'll fit, depending on how much you have to deposit.  If that's not enough, ping me here on b12 with a PM and we'll figure something out.

Gems...  unless they're special in some way (drop-only, +quality, or levelled beyond L14) you shouldn't deposit them, or even hold onto them.  Between Siosa and Lilly, most gems are easier to simply purchase when you need them.

For general rules on the stash, it boils down to "don't be a jerk."  Drop off useful things when you can, grab what you need, but don't make any executive decisions around space use unless there's a proper issue with fullness.  With 7 guild tabs we didn't even come close to maxxing out in the front half of Harbinger, when more people were active.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 19, 2017, 08:10:04 pm »

I'm not seeing a tab with someone's name on it... maybe that's a parsing error?  or are you in hardcore?

I've got 7 showing Harbinger softcore: Gear - Rares - Flasks - Other - Uniques Uno (spanish 1) - Uniques Dos (spanish 2) - Add Only Storage

Ah, forgot to mention I'm in Standard. I play too little to start over again and again, I have some unique items I'd like to be able to use.

Gems...  unless they're special in some way (drop-only, +quality, or levelled beyond L14) you shouldn't deposit them, or even hold onto them.  Between Siosa and Lilly, most gems are easier to simply purchase when you need them.

I'm hopeless about this - a size 1 crystal thingy, so pretty, I can't resist picking them up <3
I sort my gems alphabetically - in a lot of premium pages. Active skills I have one row of each, save 3 spaces for Vaal version, good support gems I have two rows, all these gems in various levels so I always have some low and high level to choose from.

For general rules on the stash, it boils down to "don't be a jerk."  Drop off useful things when you can, grab what you need, but don't make any executive decisions around space use unless there's a proper issue with fullness.  With 7 guild tabs we didn't even come close to maxxing out in the front half of Harbinger, when more people were active.

But say if I take an unique item - is it a loan or can I keep it forever? This is complicated because of no. of sockets and links, and socket colors. I could take something to test for 5 minutes and destroy someone's build because I removed all the off-colors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 19, 2017, 08:54:26 pm »

If it got put in the guild stash, most likely they didn't want it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 19, 2017, 09:05:49 pm »

yeah... anything I put in the guild stash I fully expect to never see again.

kcwong, I feel your pain on the skill gems, I really do.  It took a _lot_ of effort to break my old habits... but I got there.  Now, I manage to keep the gems down to a quarter of my Misc Neat Things tab; just the noteworthy stuff I mentioned before.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 28, 2017, 02:50:55 am »

yeah... anything I put in the guild stash I fully expect to never see again.

kcwong, I feel your pain on the skill gems, I really do.  It took a _lot_ of effort to break my old habits... but I got there.  Now, I manage to keep the gems down to a quarter of my Misc Neat Things tab; just the noteworthy stuff I mentioned before.

I keep picking them up because there are new gems added... without consulting wiki I won't recognize them all, and without access to my stash I don't know how much I already have. My goal is to make sure I have enough number of each gem when I use them. I try to skip non-quality, really old gems for now.

I have 7 (1 of them quad) tabs for generic loot which I quickly dump things in to sort out later... and I have 5 other tabs for quickly dumping gems, 1 for quality gems and 1 for vaal gems.

Because I don't like to trade, I have 3 tabs to do chaos recipe as well. And I buy Masters' unique items, bro-deal or not.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 28, 2017, 09:46:21 am »

I'm up to 4 gem tabs. Single copy of gems tab 1 & 2, and duplicates 1 & 2. I swap out non quality versions for quality versions when I find them (not keeping the duplicates) and the rest of quality gem drops to go the recipe.

It's honestly a hold over behavior from when you couldn't buy gems off NPC vendors. Now I think I could honestly just dump half of them. But it's nice to have lvl 1 gems around since buying them from vendors tends to bring them leveled to 9 or something. So it's still slightly more convenient for me to collect gems than buy them as needed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:30:38 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 28, 2017, 01:20:22 pm »

Lilly Roth sells them all at level 1 afaik.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:05 pm »

Ayup, the A6 gem vendor sells all level 1 gems.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 28, 2017, 10:42:36 pm »

Ayup, the A6 gem vendor sells all level 1 gems.

I didn't notice that O_o  I assumed vendor gem inventory level as you do.

** This is the sound of my 30+ alphabetically ordered gem tabs collapsing **

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 28, 2017, 10:45:34 pm »

30+ N....nani......
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 29, 2017, 02:58:25 pm »

So much gem space!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 01, 2017, 02:27:56 am »

I vendored most of the gems (keeping only leveled and quality ones)... I got 208 ID scrolls and a sore arm.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 17, 2017, 06:12:03 am »

New expansion announcement dropped, War for the Atlas

Basically the Shaper is fighting another eldritch entity over the control of the atlas, each doing their own messed up shit to it. Buncha new maps, some new skills, new items and cool item mods that come from the shaper and the elder thing itself (seems mostly like the new mods add support gem effects to socketed stuff, which might lead to some cool things and possibly reduce the value of 6l items).

Drops in about 20 days on the 8th.

Also there's two events running atm, turmoil and mayhem next week, got some cool rewards for reaching a certain level, but more than that, the fact that every area has random map-like mods applied makes it pretty damn entertaining, plus it seems that drop rates are super high (getting an exalt in 3 days after not getting one in 3 years :V). Turmoil lasts 'till tommorrow tho and it's the one that lets you keep whatever you get, mayhem is a bit too extreme and would likely crash the economy of standard for a long while so that one gets wiped on end.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 100