Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245242 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Atlas of Worlds
« Reply #1170 on: October 17, 2016, 12:51:54 am »

Just saw there was a thread for PoE here. I've been playing it since early on in Prophecy league, really enjoyed diablo-but-with-choice. PTW and all.

As far as atlas progression is compared to how it was before, I think it's a huge improvement. I've had no trouble staying in red maps once I got there, and I had a fairly smooth progression up to that point. If you try to run it SSF, you're going to have a horrible time if you miss a corner or two until Zana restocks enough to bail you out, but that's what trading is for. At this point, a chisel can buy you most regular maps up to tier 9 or 10. I've been hovering around tier 12 and 13, mostly because I've been farming 10-12s for xp. I've run a couple Chimeras but failed on them because I was missing a couple important uniques.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 17, 2016, 10:07:01 am »

I also appreciate the Map Progression in AoW. Granted, I'm not a high end player. I'm still farming for XP as much as anything else.

So when I accept that XP will always be shit and just run T1 and T2 maps, I end up building a pretty good cache of T3+ maps. I think you can sustain if you're willing to grind. Expecting to do Map Tier X once and get the next tier of map to keep going is a recipe for disappointment.

Also, an aside, fuck Labyrinth trials. Started getting the Uber Labyrinth trials and the fucking flame one is just bullshit. "Oh hey there, please run through a 1-tile wide serpentine corridor before the flames start up. Oh and enjoy never ending waves of respawns that clog the corridor, asshole."

Swear to God I've hit 90% EXP at level 85 like 3 times now before something fucking dumb ends up killing me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 17, 2016, 11:18:57 am »

If you're running anything below yellow maps for xp, you should really probably just be farming dried lake. I think initial progression is a little slower than it was, but once you get Zana you can pretty easily blaze through to yellow maps and fill out gaps over time from stuff she sells and completing 3x recipes while you progress through the mid tiers. I think the earliest is when progression feels the best because you move through tiers so quickly. 

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 17, 2016, 11:41:10 am »

I have to balance the XP gain at higher tiers with the risk of getting splattered. At around Map Level 75 blue packs start becoming a real threat and so do the bosses. (Although to date the boss rework seems pretty fair; I haven't run into any total bullshit bosses in the first three tiers other than the Drought-Maddened Rhoa that I enraged.)

Just need the levels so I can get the HP so I can actually take on Map Level 75+. ><

But yeah, Progression is easier at the start because everything is up. I can tell that around Tier 5 it probably starts getting frustrating to get lower tier drops.

Also, fuck the Crematorium boss. Having to flip 4 switches every 30 seconds or the fucker stands in fire and fully regens is fucking bullshit. Not everyone in PoE cranks out 4.2 million DPS spam with the click of a single button, you dicks.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 17, 2016, 11:58:35 am »

Not everyone in PoE cranks out 4.2 million DPS spam with the click of a single button, you dicks.

You're not GGG's target audience, then. :P

Also, I've been running Crypt maps, which have a chance of dropping the 6 link Astral Plate div card. I haven't seen one of those, and figure they're probably rare enough that I'll never find a full set. I did find a 6 socket Astral Plate though, and thought I'd throw a couple stacks of fusings at it to see if I could 5L it. 29th fusing 6 linked it, my first ever. Suppose I don't need the div cards now...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:00:49 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 17, 2016, 12:11:11 pm »

You could try selling them for chaos.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 17, 2016, 12:20:01 pm »

The only build that can pump out 4.2mil tooltip dps that I know of is warchief totems, and that needs 2 clicks, not 1, gosh. Now granted, there's a handful of builds that can do that much dps, but the tooltips don't list it. PoE really needs a target dummy so we can see practical dps, there's builds that 1shot Atziri and have 2k tooltip.

Gratz on the 6L Kanil, it's just a shame you got it a few levels below ilvl84. Still, you can throw a few greeds at it and get it to be near perfect.

EDIT: For what it's worth, Celestial Justicars sell for 7 or 8 chaos a pop. You could finish a set later to get an ilvl 84 astral plate and use that later. At the same time, it's probably more worth your while to get a unique chest.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:24:36 pm by frostshotgg »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 17, 2016, 12:39:24 pm »

You could try selling them for chaos.

I didn't even find one, which kinda amuses me. I can't find 1/6th of the item through drops, but got super lucky with crafting it myself.

Gratz on the 6L Kanil, it's just a shame you got it a few levels below ilvl84. Still, you can throw a few greeds at it and get it to be near perfect.

Yeah, it's not ideal, but ilvl 84 is a lot of mapping away. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get there before the league ends, that's T15 bosses and stuff.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 17, 2016, 01:27:15 pm »

I generally judge my build compared to Youtube videos. When I have to hack away at a boss mob I can face tank for 2 minutes before he dies, chances are my DPS could be better :P

Sometimes it seems like PoE is not built for "complete builds." As in, what succeeds is a set of uniques that forgoes considerations like HP and Armor.

Or maybe it's still just that playing melee in PoE is still 4x harder and more dangerous than any other build.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 17, 2016, 02:03:51 pm »

I've played PoE. I've finished* PoE. And I don't understand 90% of what y'all are saying.

* It sent me back to the starting city on a harder difficulty level or w/e. I was like "So the story ends here, then?" and stopped playing.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 17, 2016, 02:14:39 pm »

well of course you don't understand it if you've only gone through Normal once. Most things aren't even past a 3L by then, unless you have a bunch of loot already and got a 4l chestpiece.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:16:35 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 17, 2016, 02:29:55 pm »

I've played PoE. I've finished* PoE. And I don't understand 90% of what y'all are saying.

* It sent me back to the starting city on a harder difficulty level or w/e. I was like "So the story ends here, then?" and stopped playing.

The full game doesn't even begin until you've beaten it twice. Normal difficulty is, in a sense, an agonizingly long tutorial about how to play the game.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 17, 2016, 02:44:11 pm »

Although that may soon be "until you've beaten it once", since there was news about removing a difficulty (probably cruel) once A5 comes out, since 15 acts is too many.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 17, 2016, 02:46:56 pm »

Or maybe it's still just that playing melee in PoE is still 4x harder and more dangerous than any other build.

Yeah, melee isn't in the best spot.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 17, 2016, 02:51:49 pm »

Dont worry, if you dont care about mindless grinding, you finished 90% of all the content in the game. All additional content past that point is mostly reused one.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 100