Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245117 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Release & Scion
« Reply #450 on: November 02, 2013, 03:56:17 pm »

!!FUN!!:  Anything with that Chaos Indoctrination (1 health, resistance to Chaos Damage), and possibly something that feeds all of your energy shield into your mana.  Throw them both in the same build and you're probably a masochist or looking for getting the most amount of deaths ever.
Chaos Inoculation + Eldritch Battery + Blood Magic

No health, no skills, no anything. Better up that evade and dodge.
A prime character for the Cast on Death support gem!

You know, you joke about that, but suddenly I realize that a character who is unafraid of death (read: doesn't care about EXP and has a Portal Gem) could probably put that and Molten Shell together, and maybe an extra couple of skills or something.  That'd make a fantastic explosion!  What else could we put on this guy to make him into the best suicider ever?

Spark?  Firestorm?  What would happen with Totems or auras?  Spell totems with cast on death that have spell totems and molten shell.  Suddenly I feel a science coming on.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:57:51 pm by Karkov »

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 02, 2013, 04:43:19 pm »

Portal gem, so when you die you have a portal to go back

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 02, 2013, 05:04:00 pm »

Portal gem, so when you die you have a portal to go back
That's...

actually a viable use of the cast on death gem.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 02, 2013, 05:36:28 pm »

You guys, you need mana to cast molten shell. You'd need the bm support gem to do anything besides swing and die.

Descan, if you want to just try out builds, hardcore is hardly the place to do it, its easier to test things in domination. Otherwise you end up too focused on not dieing to get very far in cruel.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 03, 2013, 01:39:30 am »

!!FUN!!:  Anything with that Chaos Indoctrination (1 health, resistance to Chaos Damage), and possibly something that feeds all of your energy shield into your mana.  Throw them both in the same build and you're probably a masochist or looking for getting the most amount of deaths ever.
Chaos Inoculation + Eldritch Battery + Blood Magic

No health, no skills, no anything. Better up that evade and dodge.

Go do that! Buffer overflow the death counter.  :D

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 03, 2013, 03:33:05 am »

Both for my own information, and in case someone actually did want to try out the silly fun idea above:  Do skills activated via trigger (e.g. Cast on Melee Death) cost mana?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 03, 2013, 09:59:19 am »

No. And you can no longer activate a BM-skill to kill yourself. It's patched away.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 03, 2013, 01:05:34 pm »

So me and a friend finished our first playthrough last night. Goddamn, Dominus is hard when you've both levelled like retards because no one had any idea what they were doing. :P The amount of time it took us to figure out how to avoid the blood rain attack was somewhat embarassing.
We instantly restarted, he's going ranger after playing witch, and I'm going marauder after playing shadow. Any tips for passive builds? I'm aiming for a 2h tank, I think my friend wants high physical damage,
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 03, 2013, 01:32:19 pm »

Do we have a B12 group or anything? I recently started up again and it'd be fun to hang out with a semi-predictable group.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 03, 2013, 01:34:42 pm »

We have 'Should we make a B12 guild', but not a notable group that I can think of.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 03, 2013, 01:50:16 pm »

I'd be alright with joining a B12 guild; it'd give me someone to talk to when I'm not on voice chat with my friend.

2H tank is actually pretty viable; you're not as tanky as someone with a shield would be, but if you stack armor/resistances and life with regen, you can attach a blood magic gem to a skill and become some serious DPS as well.

I'm doing a Marauder 2H right now, so I can say it's pretty good.  Got me to Act 3 Merciless so far.  Just got Cast When Damage Taken, probably the best Support Gem in the game.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 03, 2013, 02:29:53 pm »

I'm playing a cold-heavy melee witch right now.

I've already died once and restarted, this time I rolled a good life-regen (3.5) amulet and some max-health items. So maybe I'll be able to do it! :D

Only problem is there's no "Avatar of Cold" keystone (yet!) and only one melee cold skill (glacial hammer, which DOES work with staves so it's cool)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 03, 2013, 02:51:28 pm »

I'm working on a Shadow right now. Haven't gotten back the first act because I've been running hardcore characters. Tried the witch twice on and decided I didn't like her very much. I'm loving the shadow though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 03, 2013, 04:31:53 pm »

I just started on a Ranger.  Is there any determinism to the item drops in the tutorial?  I got Raise Zombie which is obviously awesome when I'm ranged and now I'm wondering if that's intended or if I just got lucky with the drop.
Shoes...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 03, 2013, 04:37:58 pm »

The first area always drops you a gem when you kill that zombie that munches on the dying exile, and a weapon that's predetermined by your class.  Everything else is fair game and is determined via regular loot rules.

It's actually possible to get a Unique off of Hillock, good luck with that though.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 100