Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245245 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Release & Scion
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2013, 10:48:01 pm »

I completely forgot aboot this thing.

I could potentially give it a shot, never played this kinda game multiplayer before.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2013, 11:00:17 pm »

I'd certainly be interested, but not being able to do anything in act 3 until I have a better gpu makes me not the most interested in being as active as I could be.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 23, 2013, 09:26:00 am »

It will be released soon... server has restarted.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 23, 2013, 09:44:30 am »

DLing now!  The patch is smaller than I thought... about 1.2 GB for me, having been patched up to date a few days ago.

If you haven't run the client in a while, it will be more like my guess of 2-3 GB, as there was a revision of arts assets a couple months ago.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 23, 2013, 12:02:10 pm »

Interesting bit from the release notes, for people who remember it being removed: Avatar of Fire keystone has returned rebalanced (50% of your physical/lightning/cold damage is converted to fire damage. You can't deal non-fire damage.), could be interesting to see if it ends up overused again.

Late Edit: Huzzah for optimizations. I can (likely) play act 3 to the end now.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:29:53 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 24, 2013, 11:20:40 am »

The server was hit quite hard during the first day... when I opened my stash in Domination, the game kicked me out with a "operation timeout" error.

Today it seems it's all settled and I can play again. Started a Scion in standard, to test the new gems. Animate Weapon is *very* powerful. 30 seconds duration, but there's no limit to how many you can have up at a time. You can only use it on identified weapons on the ground.

I raised 4 whites (2 with 10%+ quality) and 2 yellows (I didn't even read their description), and together with my 4 zombies, they destroyed Brutus in mere seconds.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 24, 2013, 05:16:54 pm »

Got back into this now it's on Steam. Never really played it much in beta, took witch as my first char but have rolled a ranger to play with my friends. Definitely enjoying it!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 24, 2013, 05:17:43 pm »

Might start a new character today, stealing all my previous character's stuff if it hasn't been wiped.

I've built insane characters, Glacial Hammer FTW.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:19:24 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2013, 06:43:10 pm »

Well, I doubt I'd survive Dominus (possibly Piety too) from a purely FPS standpoint, but I'm having fun exploring Act 3 now that I can.
Should we make a B12 guild?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 26, 2013, 05:08:06 am »

I checked out the guild interface... there's no initial cost to setup a guild. By default you have 0 guild stash tabs, and I am not sure how many members.

There's only premium guild stash tab (50 GGG points) and guild member slots (100 GGG points for 10) in the store.

Guild members can donate points into the guild, and then only the guild master can purchase stuff. From what I've read, the master can set permission on the stash tabs on who can retrieve items. Officers can invite new members.

Maps have an alphabet associated; master can put 6 maps into the guild interface to create a guild prefix, which will appear in front of all guild members' names.
Edit: Players are making a list: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/547071

For now, it's basically a different friends list, with a guild chat (&) and shared stash.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:27:42 am by kcwong »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 26, 2013, 07:33:10 am »

Default members is 30, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 26, 2013, 11:02:14 am »

What's a general good direction for Shadows? I'm putting points into claws because fuck yeah claws, so should I go for crit aswell?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 26, 2013, 11:05:12 am »

Make sure you go towards Soul Raker if you've got claws, more life leech is always good.

For using Spectral Throw with a claw though, how does this look guys?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:06:53 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 26, 2013, 11:56:36 am »

What is spectral throw? I hear people talking about it in the chat alone with flicker strike like they're the dogs bollocks

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 26, 2013, 12:33:15 pm »

What is spectral throw? I hear people talking about it in the chat alone with flicker strike like they're the dogs bollocks
It's basically a spell that lets you throw your weapon and have it come back again, although it's augmentable to let you create multiple weapon copies 'n' shit. I'm guessing most people really love it because it's new, not because it's anything really special when compared to other skills.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 100