Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245248 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2013, 05:15:34 pm »

Yeah, the only bad thing about my pure summoner witch is if I end up in a party, I hang back and cast minions. Suddenly the boss is dead and I miss the loot.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwj0EJcRDxEtFm8abCcLKPoqmCycMYhEBEZxSOdJsk25VcZXK1qRYqxqrGvbc1N5A3yDfRiCx4VgiECOvo9GkDOTJ5Ugm6GdrqFtpqynCKh9qsSwd7QMuJO_l8BUyT3MvM36z2XQ0NP71p3ZC-vu7IryHvfX-oD7Cf5J

Is what I'm currently aiming for, the most important thing was rushing Minion Instability on the upper left. When you have endless skeletons that explode, you win.

Required gems are Summon Skeletons/Raise zombies with Minion Life/Minion Damage support. Raise Spectre with Minion Life/Minion Damage Support. Clarity Aura. Additional, Curses like Enfeeble, Purity Aura, Discipline Aura. I don't like using spell totem like others do - 1: it reduces the health of your skeletons which makes them die faster and do less damage when they explode. 2: I like being able to spam-aim my skeletons on things that I want to die. Fast.

You are a godless killing machine that don't need no man. (Or to get anywhere near things that would kill you)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:23:21 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2013, 05:58:16 pm »

Kael, I see that your main damage dealer is your summon. Are you planing to supplement this with curse/totem/aura? I plan to use curses on mine.

Also I got the Necro unique amulet Sidhebreathe with better than average rolls:
Minion health +11% (meh)
Minion speed +14% (out of 15% max, yay)
Minion damage +14% (out of 15% max, yay)

Just need to get the unique boots!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2013, 06:06:01 pm »

Required gems are Summon Skeletons/Raise zombies with Minion Life/Minion Damage support. Raise Spectre with Minion Life/Minion Damage Support. Clarity Aura. Additional, Curses like Enfeeble, Purity Aura, Discipline Aura. I don't like using spell totem like others do - 1: it reduces the health of your skeletons which makes them die faster and do less damage when they explode. 2: I like being able to spam-aim my skeletons on things that I want to die. Fast.

Oh, if you get to act three and want to go shit all over everything including Vaal runs for rares/uniques, use Raise Spectre on the Giant Gladiator Statues in Act 3 Marketplace. They have THOUSANDS of hp, and make sure you use your transmutation orbs on flasks until you get one that heals minions. They will never die. It's so amazing to have two of them beating everyone's arse.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 30, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

Inner Force is a good option if you're going multi-aura, you get a nice buff to the aura's effects on you (so for example, you can pull more regen out of clarity than usual for the same mana reserve cost). You need to recast them after aquiring it to see the effects, btw.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 30, 2013, 06:28:17 pm »

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwj0EJcRDxEtFm8abCcLKPoqmCycMYhEBEZxSOdJsk25VcZXK1qRYqxqrGvbc1N5A3yDfRiCx4VgiECOvo9GkDOTJ5Ugm6GdrqFtpqynCKh9qsSwd7QMuJO_l8BUyT3MvM36z2XQ0NP71p3ZC-vu7IryHvfX-oD7Cf5J

Is what I'm currently aiming for, the most important thing was rushing Minion Instability on the upper left. When you have endless skeletons that explode, you win.
s on things that I want to die. Fast.

You can take out 4 8% life nodes and take the 3 8% life nodes and grab fitness which gives 10% life and 20 str (all on the left side near zealot's oath).

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 30, 2013, 07:38:41 pm »

Will end up grabbing those as well. Thanks for the addition/correction, I just made the skill list plan fast.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2013, 08:06:36 am »

Oh my, this game certainly is rather compelling.  My only real gripe so far is that the loot doesn't stay reserved for you long enough in multiplayer (might be less of a concern for those playing melee roles).
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2013, 08:42:38 am »

So this is my planned build.

Passive skill tree build

Using hammers and cold magic. I've gotten to level 10 in hardcore so far before lag murdered me, but with this I could be a significant tank.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:57:41 am by Japa »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2013, 11:27:26 pm »

So... anyone still playing this?

I've been giving it a few hours a week, slowly slogging through quests.  I've been diligently collecting superiors and rares, but haven't gotten farther than Act 2 Cruel... so nothing truly sexy for trade bait yet.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2013, 11:30:31 pm »

I play it, though not /overly/ often.

I'm currently in playthrough 2 beginning, but mainly because a lot of time was spent trying to play hardcore.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2013, 11:31:59 pm »

I'm going to, theres just the other things I need to clear up first.

Like being somewhat sick and having too many books I want to read again. But soon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:50 am »

After completing normal i got bored, tried few other classes, but somehow i just cant play it that much
Make love not war

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2013, 09:17:17 am »

It might not be relevant here (people sound mostly smart here, most of the time), but judging by the sheer mass of posts compared to the dev response in the PoE site, I'm just going to say this: Remember to keep your stuff secure, k? Maphacks or whatever ain't going to help much if you lose orbs mysteriously afterwards.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2013, 09:52:34 am »

I just beat normal mode last weekend. Taking some downtime before I move on to Cruel.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2013, 10:31:34 am »

I've been playing a lot more in the past few days since I had some free time. I really like the game, but all the clicking made me realize how crappy my mouse has gotten.

My dual-claw shadow with a surprising amount of survivability from life and energy shield/evasion nodes blinking around with Flicker Strike and zooming through enemies with Whirling Blades is a lot of fun.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 100