Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 100126 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Game start!)
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »

Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:19 pm »

Hmm. I... may have botched the code that's supposed to keep barge vs. barge battles from stalling out indefinitely. Need to look into this.
Edit: No, wait, the code's fine; the problem is that I gave level 1 barges 1 attack, making them incapable of damaging anything with defense greater than zero.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:09:54 pm by Vanigo »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2012, 06:14:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat! (click to show/hide)
As a result of barges being nearly unable to damage each other, the battle was extremely long and drawn-out. As a result of that, the winning barge got a ton of experience and is now a level 4 unit. Still incredibly weak, though.
Game state
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:16:54 pm by Vanigo »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2012, 06:34:19 pm »

Spoiler: The Empire of Tesunad (click to show/hide)

So, every time a unit makes an attack, regardless of the result, it gains XP?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:56:49 am by Kashyyk »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2012, 07:22:09 pm »

Well, not exactly. At the end of every battle, all surviving units gain 1 xp per round of combat. Linking it to attacks would be seriously mean to healers and priests, since they want experience, but seldom make attacks.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2012, 07:42:18 pm »

Well, yeah. I'll just assume Sheb will realize that is an Offical declaration of war.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:40:34 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2012, 09:26:16 pm »

Spoiler: Arcadia (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl, don't worry about the lancers by your border- they're just mopping up some spare food tiles of Sheb's.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2012, 04:44:52 am »

Yeah, like I shouldn't worry about the axeman that were on my borders. :p

Lord Rgedont, you're pitiful in your hope to gain something by jumping on a weakened man. Totally unworthy of a noble.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2012, 07:31:03 am »

Spoiler: Kingdom of Tarr (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl, don't worry about the lancers by your border- they're just mopping up some spare food tiles of Sheb's.
Speaking of which, if you're going to claim from the entire center of Cimmeria down I think I'm going to have to reserve the water mana island after all. Considering the amount of land that's obviously yours but you haven't gotten around to planting population on yet, I really don't see how you can justify claiming that island as well.

Well, yeah. I'll just assume Sheb will realize that is an Offical declaration of war.
Lord Rgedont, you're pitiful in your hope to gain something by jumping on a weakened man. Totally unworthy of a noble.
What... exactly happened here?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2012, 08:58:17 am »

Dunno, seems like JF declared war on me after our barge somehow ran into each other.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2012, 10:20:44 am »

Actually, I was planning on invading you for a while. I was going to do it with Doomblade, but then he did his own war so I assumed now was the time to jump in.

Also, I don't know if you realize, but you kinda have some pretty huge balls to insult someone while getting curb'd by three nations.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2012, 10:27:58 am »

Why? Because not insulting you would mean I wouldn't get invaded by three nations? At least I'll go down with style.

Anyway, you're not getting anything out of this war, and won't get anything. Just stop being silly and invest your ressources if building up your pitiful country, so weak it wasn't even deemd worth of invasion yet.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2012, 12:33:59 pm »

Why? Because not insulting you would mean I wouldn't get invaded by three nations? At least I'll go down with style.

Anyway, you're not getting anything out of this war, and won't get anything. Just stop being silly and invest your ressources if building up your pitiful country, so weak it wasn't even deemd worth of invasion yet.

Oh, I get something. out of this war. Want to know what I get? I get your land, Castle Dunottar, more resources, the Death mana to the north, one less competitor, and I ALSO get revenge for your dick comments about how I was terrible. Which is funny, seeing as your the one at war with four nations now. Yes, I said FOUR nations. Tesunad JUST offered to join my war, and I accepted his offer. So you are effectively at war with EVERYONE now. Deal with it.

Sheb, I think its time to accept the fact that your kind of fucked.

Edit:
Do to Shebs "Not-Going-To-Live-For-Much-Longer" thing, I decided to make a new Claims map.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:54:50 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2012, 01:56:04 pm »

So you get claims over a bit of sand in the north? I am not impressed. Because you're not getting Castle Dunottar. Frankly, if things look desesperate enough, I'll just surrender all my land to Arcadia, at least they managed to surprise me, so they deserve it. Yes, that mean Arcadia will win.

Tenusad and Tarr may be at war, but since they have not cities to take, they have no interest in getting involved. At most I'd expect token troops, while they invest their energy in colonizing. You have nothing to win either (Because, do you really believe Arcadia will hand over Caste Dunottar to you?)
So I've got to hold against Arcadia and you for long enough to drain your economies. That should be doable. I may not win this one, but I'll bring you down with me (and possibly bring down Arcadia too, although I doubt it. Well played Doomblade)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2012, 02:32:06 pm »

Does death mana have an use now?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58