Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58

Author Topic: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Is this the endgame?)  (Read 100117 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try this again: Computerized empire-builder game (Game start!)
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »

Seeing as JF has decided to tell everyone... :P

Yes, I am declaring war on you Sheb. Might as well grab some land before someone else gets there.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2012, 03:36:54 pm »

Well, maybe I was wrong.

But we'll fight to the last man, woman and child! Generations to come will remember the last stand of the House of Dunottar, and by God, every single acre of our land will be paid in blood!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2012, 04:14:35 pm »

Well, maybe I was wrong.

But we'll fight to the last man, woman and child! Generations to come will remember the last stand of the House of Dunottar, and by God, every single acre of our land will be paid in blood!

For gods sake, shut up and die. Nobody cares about your fucking fluff.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2012, 04:16:20 pm »

Say the man that went ballistic because I changed my name from Duchy of Dunottar to Grand Duchy of Dunottar. :p

EDIT: I'd post my orders now, but for some reason nothing happen when I press "Load" on the player interface. Must be something to do with my computer, since it's working fine for the others (It's almost 10 years old). I'll post it from the library computer tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:19:13 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2012, 07:50:33 pm »

JohnFalcon- I notice that you have claimed the entire northern half of my continent. I don not accept this, as while I respect your office as ruler of your lands, I am spending my troops lives for that land- you are not. Therefore, I must lay claim to that area- me and IronyOwl have already figured out our disputes over borders. Speaking of which, Kashyyk, I have already claimed the smaller island to the Southeast, negotiating with IronyOwl.

Oh, and Sheb- I've been planning that betrayal for a while. The original plan was to act like I was defending against JohnFalcon, and then backstab you, but as you see, that changed. I do respect your kingdom, but I feel that your recent expansion has threatened the future of my nation. If you would like to discuss surrender terms anytime in the future, I will be more than willing to bring an end to this fruitless war and protect you from other aggressors. I will also spare your people from senseless bloodshed.

EDIT: IronyOwl, I realize that you are worried about me claiming undue amounts of land- I respect that. I do not plan to settle cities in the center of our shared continent- I feel no need for that area. I plan to make as Sheb did in his expansion, and bypass the middle area- I'm interested in the north, not the middle. In fact, should you choose to establish a city in the middle of our shared continent, then I would have no complaint, providing it is not too close to my other cities.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:57:57 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2012, 08:10:06 pm »

Does death mana have an use now?
With a cathedral, it can be used to build a Chapel of Death, which then allows Priests of Death, Skeletons, and Ghouls. No clue what those are or how much they cost.

EDIT: IronyOwl, I realize that you are worried about me claiming undue amounts of land- I respect that. I do not plan to settle cities in the center of our shared continent- I feel no need for that area. I plan to make as Sheb did in his expansion, and bypass the middle area- I'm interested in the north, not the middle. In fact, should you choose to establish a city in the middle of our shared continent, then I would have no complaint, providing it is not too close to my other cities.
Well, what do you mean by "middle?" I mean, you've got Stonehaven and that river to the west of it, which I'd consider middle-south, so unless you're planning on abandoning those I'm not sure what middle is left, much less what's left that isn't "too close" to one of your other cities.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2012, 08:34:17 pm »

JohnFalcon- I notice that you have claimed the entire northern half of my continent. I don not accept this, as while I respect your office as ruler of your lands, I am spending my troops lives for that land- you are not. Therefore, I must lay claim to that area- me and IronyOwl have already figured out our disputes over borders. Speaking of which, Kashyyk, I have already claimed the smaller island to the Southeast, negotiating with IronyOwl.

You assume that I do not plan on any kind of contribuation to the war effort at all. You assume I can perform tasks far faster then I can in reality. I do not know what you have worked out with IronyOwl, but from my view, this is what you would get in the land claims you seem to want to propose:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And for some reason, I can't just let that fly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:37:26 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2012, 08:50:27 pm »

You overestimate my claims- I plan on avoiding the middle of my continent due to a lack of interest on my part, I do not want the miniscule island with the death mana- I leave that to you, and I am leaving all the islands other than the smaller Southeastern island. I am not that power-hungry.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2012, 10:06:18 pm »

Does death mana have an use now?
With a cathedral, it can be used to build a Chapel of Death, which then allows Priests of Death, Skeletons, and Ghouls. No clue what those are or how much they cost.
You know, you could fire up admin mode and take a look at some of these things.
Priests of Death, like every tier 3 caster, are pretty potent. They debuff every living enemy on the battlefield, and permanently debuff anyone they hit - the only permanent debuff in the game, in fact. Plus, you know, good combat stats. Skeletons are kind of interesting. They're only as strong as axemen, but they cost a grand total of zero labor and one money. Ghouls are tougher and somewhat more expensive.

Other tier 3 casters are also pretty sweet. Priests of life buff everyone's defense and resistance, heal, and weaken enemy undead. Air mages buff your archers' range, debuff enemy archers' range, and, starting at level 3, can fly. Hydromancers buff resistance (a lot) and weaken and slow enemies they hit. Pyromancers are surprisingly team-oriented in their destructiveness; they debuff resistance and buff attack. Earth mages have the strongest magic attack in the game, and buff defense. (Some of these abilities don't kick in until level 3, incidentally.)

I think priests of life and pyromancers are probably the best, but that's just a gut feeling. And there's other fun stuff that mana can get you in the late game, too. Air mana is needed for airships and lightning skiffs, earth mana gets you the only siege unit with better than 1 speed, life mana scores you paladins, fire mana has drakes...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2012, 04:52:33 am »

Do you mean the swamp with the reagents Doomblade?

*Looks at map* Ooh, I have earth and Life mana to play with then. :D

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2012, 08:08:33 am »

You overestimate my claims- I plan on avoiding the middle of my continent due to a lack of interest on my part, I do not want the miniscule island with the death mana- I leave that to you, and I am leaving all the islands other than the smaller Southeastern island. I am not that power-hungry.

Then you are naive to think I can walk away from an arrangement which leaves me with little to nothing to gain. I will be taking the Northern end of Cimmeria, if only to make sure I can take some gain from this war.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2012, 09:29:07 am »

Guys, you could at least wait for the war to start for real before fighting between yourselves. Now, to do my turn...

Edit:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:40:33 am by Sheb »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »

I'm going to be busy this weekend, so if everyone gets their turns in quickly, don't be surprised if there's a delay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Game state

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »

Spoiler: The Empire of Tesunad (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2012, 11:03:16 am »

Spoiler: Arcadia (click to show/hide)

I've asked Vanigo to auto my empire for a week.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 58