Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47823 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Is this a one lap race?  If so, it's going to be short.

4-5 laps, depending on what happens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Okay, cool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

The Klein bottle. How was it moving?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheseAreThingsManWasNotMeantToKnow
((That was IC  :P

Also, Ebbor, I thought there was 100...movement tiles to a section? Aren't we on the first, still?))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The Klein bottle. How was it moving?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheseAreThingsManWasNotMeantToKnow
((That was IC  :P

Also, Ebbor, I thought there was 100...movement tiles to a section? Aren't we on the first, still?))
Nope, you 're not. The movevement tiles are there to calculate ranges and pulling ahead and such. Currently you are entering the bridge section.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Requesting further explanation on Speed & Acceleration and Segments & their relation to Sections. How many segments in a section.

And if possible, to give the current speed of a player in the proceeding turns?))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((Requesting further explanation on Speed & Acceleration and Segments & their relation to Sections. How many segments in a section.

And if possible, to give the current speed of a player in the proceeding turns?))
-Speed is carried over between turns and limited by max speed. Arceleration adds to speed. All vehicles automatically slow down with 25% speed each turn.
-Segment= Section: I always switch the names
-??? Speed is noted next to your position

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

-Speed is carried over between turns and limited by max speed. Arceleration adds to speed. All vehicles automatically slow down with 25% speed each turn.
But earlier you said a 25% decrease is only applied if the engine is turned off.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

But earlier you said a 25% decrease is only applied if the engine is turned off.
I'm pretty sure I didn't.
What does happen is that when an engine is on the arceleration (partially) makes up for lost speed.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

How much of a bonus?

So, if my engines are running, regardless of the driving mode chosen, I pay my upkeep and get the respective acceleration bonus. Correct?

If so, what can I do when my engines are turned off? All the same stuff, but I get no acceleration and -25% speed per turn, right? Are aggressive and defensive drivings also impossible?

If all of the above was correct, will I be able to do either of my attitude-changing actions with engines turned off?
1. Yes. However with defensive driving you won't go faster then your previous speed.
2. No agressive/Defense driving.
3.technically yes.
Yes, you did.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

How much of a bonus?

So, if my engines are running, regardless of the driving mode chosen, I pay my upkeep and get the respective acceleration bonus. Correct?

If so, what can I do when my engines are turned off? All the same stuff, but I get no acceleration and -25% speed per turn, right? Are aggressive and defensive drivings also impossible?

If all of the above was correct, will I be able to do either of my attitude-changing actions with engines turned off?
1. Yes. However with defensive driving you won't go faster then your previous speed.
2. No agressive/Defense driving.
3.technically yes.
Yes, you did.
I didn't answer the question, wherether I should have done it to avoid confusion. Just to be on the clear side. EVERYONE looses 25% speed at the beginning of every turn.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:10:50 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And 'Normal Driving' indicates that?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

And 'Normal Driving' indicates that?
Normal driving is just normal driving.  No acc boost no penalties.

The -25% speed at turn begin is always there.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

yowch! I hadn't realised this. I'm the same as Dariush, I thought you lose the speed with the engine off. This changes my entire game plan! Power saving mode really really REALLY sucks now XD (on that note, so does defensive driving)

Oh well, I will have to make that up with some other dastardly... deed. :)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

yowch! I hadn't realised this. I'm the same as Dariush, I thought you lose the speed with the engine off. This changes my entire game plan! Power saving mode really really REALLY sucks now XD (on that note, so does defensive driving)

Oh well, I will have to make that up with some other dastardly... deed. :)
Uhm, yeah. Before I cause even more confusion. Defensive mode and powersaving prevent the ship from going faster then the speed it had before. The engine can still make up for the -25 % speed.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Ahhh, I see. That makes sense. By the by, those that have acceleration of say, 20. Does that mean they will always lose atleast 5 speed unless they drive aggressively/shortcuts/abilities?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19