Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47824 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

-Defense systems: Re-roll Grenade Launcher [1]
What the HELL RNG?

-Special: Rocket Booster
-Special: Mines
-Special: Repair Nanobots
It doesn't quite like you, I'm afraid.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Are you using Random.org? It has a vendetta against me.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Are you using Random.org? It has a vendetta against me.
Uhm, Yes. (Rolls: 1)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Those were some impressive defense rolls.  I was the only person who didn't get at least one five.

I've got some awesome specials lined up- and I don't even really need to blow rerolls here!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Special 1: Auto repair systems, mechanisms inside the Death Wing can fix and replace parts on the fly and if necessary reroute power from one system to another
Special 2: Access to military recon satellites, giving picture perfect intelligence on incoming hazards, enemy position, and weather predictions
Special: Reroll if any of the two above are roll of 1 or 2. if not, army commandos and saboteurs that can rig the track with booby traps and ambushes (one use only per race and target must be chosen before race starts, to be fair to the other players) .
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:39:51 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Special: Cloaking Device
Special: Drone Swarm - A large swarm of aerial assault drones burst forth from somewhere, and attacks all racers but me.
Special: Nuclear Warfare - My munitions are temporarily switched with prototype nuclear munitions.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:31:06 pm by adwarf »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Special: Cloaking Device
Special: Drone Swarm
Special: Nuclear Warfare
Explanations are fun. And good for me. I also sometimes give bonusses because of them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Special Roll 1:  The Zeno Device:  When any other racer attempts to pass the Paradox, the Zeno Device informs the other vehicle that doing so is, in fact, impossible.  Reality then adjusts itself to the case that the Paradox is still in the lead.

Special Roll 2:  The Chewbacca Defense: "Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!"  The Chewbacca Defense focuses the nonsensicality and triviality of this argument to tear a hole in reality and summon Chewbacca himself to the race track!  He won't appreciate this, and will then proceed to attack any racer near him.  Designed to deploy as a mobile track hazard.

Special Roll 3:  The Trousers of Time:  Before heading down the Trousers of Time, this device allows the driver to choose two different actions.  The results of both choices are revealed, and the operator is allowed to pick which pant leg to head down and seal that future.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't the Chewbacca Defense a logical fallacy, not a paradox?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Special Roll 1:  The Zeno Device:  When any other racer attempts to pass the Paradox, the Zeno Device informs the other vehicle that doing so is, in fact, impossible.  Reality then adjusts itself to the case that the Paradox is still in the lead.

Special Roll 2:  The Chewbacca Defense: "Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!"  The Chewbacca Defense focuses the nonsensicality and triviality of this argument to tear a hole in reality and summon Chewbacca himself to the race track!  He won't appreciate this, and will then proceed to attack any racer near him.  Designed to deploy as a mobile track hazard.

Special Roll 3:  The Trousers of Time:  Before heading down the Trousers of Time, this device allows the driver to choose two different actions.  The results of both choices are revealed, and the operator is allowed to pick which pant leg to head down and seal that future.
1. Seems fine. Expect a low chance of succes though, or maybe even it activating on yourself.
2. I have some nice ideas for this one.
3. Expect limitations. running one turn is enough, two at the same time is silly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hmm... I'll see if I can't come up with an alternative then if it's too nasty to run.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Special 1: Devastating Volley. You know when you JUST HAVE TO take out that particular guy? Well, this is how! This special launches all 4 Devastation Rockets at a single target! When one hits, the second hit will have a damage boost to represent how the first weakened the area.

Special 2: If Devastating Volley rolled less than 4, re-roll. If not, re-roll Core.

Special 3: If Devastating Volley re-roll OR the Core's re-roll was less than 4, re-roll. Otherwise: Sonic Blaster. This device emits a incredibly powerful blast of sound: strong enough to slow the competition down. This causes a reduction in their acceleration, or decellerates them if they are not accelerating, and a small chance to damaging their core. The range is the radius from the Armadillo, with a 25% reduction in range to air units to reflect the spherical nature of the blast. Takes up the whole power storage. The greater the power used, the greater the effects, particularly damage to the core.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

In the interest of mod consideration, I submit two alternatives:

Use the first if you're okay with a bit of fourth-wall breaking:

Special Roll 3:  The Trousers of Time:  Before heading down the Trousers of Time, this device allows the driver to attempt the same action two different ways, and choose which reality to pursue and future to seal.  [Game effect- Roll the chosen action twice, and take the better roll.]

Otherwise, let's do this:

Special Roll 3Buridan’s ass:  This device creates an optical illusion of two equally viable paths in front of the target.  The two targets, being equally viable, will stun the target into inaction as he is unable to make a rational decision on which path to taken.

Isn't the Chewbacca Defense a logical fallacy, not a paradox?

Fallacy?  Paradox?  You're asking me to pick on and not the other?  Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: (pulling down a diagram of Chewie) this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense!  Why would a Wookiee -- an eight foot tall Wookiee -- want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!  But more importantly, you have to ask yourself: what does that have to do with this discussion? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a poster on a major gaming forum, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.  And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.  If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to eat your face 

:P

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Special 1- Power Leech! The Cincinnati has a unicorn horn that, when activated, fires a beam of energy that creates a conduit between the Cincinnati's Powercore and a single target opponent. This conduit drains Power from the target and funnels it directly to the Cincinnati's Powercore.

Special 2- Oil Slick! The Cincinnati can spew oil onto the track from its... nether regions. All following racers must dodge the slick or lose significant speed. If the race is multi-lap (I forget) the slick may persist.

Special 3- If Power Leech was 3 or less, reroll. Otherwise, reroll Engine.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19