Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47851 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Then everyone kills monk.  :P
Killing is possible. I also added the ability to make true repairs ingame without paying. That however does require the player to deactivate the module he is repairing.
Also failing actions can have negative effects.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Still got a spot for me?  Give me a little bit to do a sheet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Still got a spot for me?  Give me a little bit to do a sheet.
Of course. As a previous contender you have a reserved spot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Player name:  Toaster
Cash: 500
Vehicle name:  The Paradox
Bio:  After failing to win the first race, Toaster went into an alcohol (and possibly other substances) fueled design frenzy.  The result is the Paradox, an odd machine that no one is quite sure how works.  The only thing that is for sure is that it does work.
First action:

Body:  The Paradox takes the shape of a Klein bottle.  Given that it shouldn't even be possible to build such a thing, it's rather hard to focus your eyes on.

Power Core:  The heart of the machine is a triple Buttered Toast Cat generator array.  This high-production power array generates stable power, but produces more power than many other generators out there.

Engine:   The power feeds into a perpetual motion* engine.  This device has been optimized to focus on acceleration, with a secondary in speed.  As a result, it is less energy efficient.

*It's not fully designed yet.  It can idle indefinitely, but getting enough horsepower to race requires energy input.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Edited mine.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Why do I think this will end with a nuclear catsplosion.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do I think this will end with a nuclear timesplosion.
((Not exactly.  :P))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I'll do a turn now. I'll retractively edit Luke rolls in. If he doesn't respond in 24 hours someone else can sign up.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Turn One

Player name: adwarf
Vehicle name: The Destructor
Stats:
(-2 armor)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 50/50 E(20-40 regen)]
Engine: [20/20 hp| Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20+5, Max Speed:80]
First action:
[6]Form: Mustang (Car not horse) : The mustang is very fast, but sadly sports only light armor.( +10 maxspeed,+5 arceleration, -2 armor)
[2]Powercore: More Power Production, dice roll, more power

[5]Engine: High MAX SPEED is NEEDED

Player name: Tyrin Ferric
Vehicle name: Banshee
Stats:
(+1 dodge,-1 armor, flies)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 290/290 E(30 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:50]
First action:
- [3]Form: The Banshee is much nimbler than it's predecessor. (+1 to dodge). It also flies.
- [6]Powercore: [Stable Production ; More Storage ; More Power] (-1 armor)(solar pannels are a weak spot)
- [4]Engine: [Focus: Acceleration - First priority ;  Power - Second priority ; Max Speed - Third priority]

Player name: Jack Dendy
Vehicle name: Starhopper
Bio: After failing to win the last race, Jack decided to enter again. This time with a slightly more weapon-based vehicle.
(+1 to armor, +5 to speed )
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(20 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:15]
-[4]Form: Ripsaw, basically a really fast tank on treads. (+1 to armor,+5 to speed)
-[2]Powercore: Hydrogen, synthesysed directly from the air with a mechanism in the engine.
-[2]Engine: Power- First. Acceleration- Second. Max Speed- Third.

Player name: Connor Hasbin
Vehicle name: The Armadillo MK2
(+2 to armor, +5 to engine power use)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 170/170 E(20 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:30, Arceleration: d40, Max Speed:50]
-[4]Form: Tank, more or less. Heavily armoured, slow, doesn't stop for anything, increased power consumption to race (+2 armor, +5 power use)
-[3]More Storage. Stable Production. More Power.
-[5]Engine. Internal Combustion. First: Acceleration. Second: Power. Third: Max Speed.

Player name: Dariush the Madder
Vehicle name: WorldConq II Mk.1
(-1 to dodge, flies)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:70]
-[1]. It's a bit laughable in fact. The decorations make it actuall easier to hit.
-[6]Powercore: the same, but much improved nuclear core from previous WorldConq. Almost no storage, fast and stable production, more power.-20 power storage
-[5]Engine: Unobtanium propelling the aircraft when heated and directed out. May be used as a weapon (as a separate roll, obviously). First: speed. Second: power. Third: acceleration.

Player name:  Toaster
Vehicle name:  The Paradox
Modules
(-1 to dodge)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:30, Arceleration: d50, Max Speed:70]
Body:  [1] The impossibility resulted in a strange effect. It seems to be at more places then it looks, resulting in getting hit more often.

[6]Power Core:  The heart of the machine is a triple Buttered Toast Cat generator array.  This high-production power array generates stable power, but produces more power than many other generators out there.

[5]Engine:The power feeds into a perpetual motion* engine.  This device has been optimized to focus on acceleration, with a secondary in speed.  As a result, it is less energy efficient.

Name: Sky King
Vehicle Name: Cincinnati
Bio: Having won the first Death Race, Monk changed his name to Sky King, and now seeks to add a new moniker- Horse Lord!
(Jetboost: Uses 100 energy. Produces a 20 speed boost and allows the Cincinnati to fly.)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(35 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:25, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:30]
[3]Form- The Sky King builds a jet black robotic rocket-powered horse! All the mass and beauty of a Mustang (the horse, not the car) combined with the speed and maneuverability of a motorcycle. A jet booster is available for quick bursts of speed and limited flight capacity!

[3]Powercore- Whereas the Zephyr Cathedral ran on old-school technology, the Cincinnati runs on the most bleeding edge sources of atomic energy. The Powercore provides a balance between regeneration and storage, unstable energy production with a possibility for sudden high gains, and an emphasis on MORE POWER!

[2]Engine- The engine that powers the massive metal hooves of the Cincinnati is optimized to favor High Acceleration, with second priority going to Power and third to Max Speed

Whoops, this is what I get for not paying attention to my PMs. I'll edit my rolls in
Player name: Jim Hawkes
Vehicle name: Death wing
Bio: A military officer and pilot who has been sent to join the WDR in order to get inside the organization and spy on the sponsors who have a stranglehold on the nation. Winning is a side benefit
Stats:
(+1 armor,-5 arceleration. Overcharge: Route power from the engines to a single weapon system. (Engine offline that turn. +2 to damage.))
Powercore:[20/20hp| 170/170 E(0-60 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d10-5, Max Speed:10]
[6]Form: Attack helicopter. A flying death machine that's heavily armored and can unleash untold amounts of firepower. Don't want to sacrifice speed too much, but if it's necessary it's okay.
[4]Powercore: A first in plasma generator technology . High storage and more power, but output is random and possibly dangerous.
[1]Engine:The death wing's engine is power efficient and strong. not very good with speed and meh on acceleration
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:23:13 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Dammit. Accidental post. Ignore it for the time being.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Modify > Replace with any symbol whatsoever.

Like a -

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Modify > Replace with any symbol whatsoever.

Like a -
Yeah, I know. Not going to do it though, once lost halve a turn that way.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Wait what rolls for building? Gaaah I thought you got rid of those. :(

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 1 rolls are set in stone, every other turn until the fifth can be switched for what we like, though.

((At least I didn't get a 1 in form, again.  :P))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Wait what rolls for building? Gaaah I thought you got rid of those. :(
I got rid of most of them. Besides, you got 3 rerolls, and plenty of opportunities.

You can switch the last 3 rolls too, btw.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:50:03 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19