Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What was that old show called?  (Read 7306 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What was that old show called?
« on: May 02, 2012, 09:10:33 pm »

It was fuckin' weird. It was about some blue germ in some kids body, and he had some buddy who was like a superhero who looked like a red and yellow capsule or pill. Don't remember much else.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: What was that old show called?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:10:55 pm »

Osmosis Jones.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:12:03 pm »

Thanks. Shit was crazy.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 09:19:47 pm »

Wan't the show called Ozzy and Drix?
Hello Hunam

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »

Wan't the show called Ozzy and Drix?
Yeah. My mistake.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:38:05 pm »

Hmm. Do we have any threads for finding old shows, movies, etc? We have one for games in the Other Games forum, and that's about it I think. Maybe we could re-purpose this?

I... don't really have any shows I can't remember, so I can't contribute quite yet.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »

I've seen such threads before and they're cool and useful.

Doubt anyone could find what I've been looking for, though. Unless they're well versed in ~20 year old mods for Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures. Still dunno the name of the one I played way back when.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 10:56:20 pm »

Osmosis Jones was the movie that the show was based on, for reference.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 11:10:31 pm »

(Must admit, until you mentioned the "Pill" thing, you made me think of "Once upon a time... Life", which was obviously a non-English[1] cartoon re-dubbed.  And the same 'characters', goodies and baddies, were also used in some space-opera thing.  Was Osmosis Jones also a TV show, as well as a film? [Ah... ninjaed on that point.])

But if we're looking to populate this thread with YASID[2]-like posts, here's something that I keep remembering from when I was young, that nobody seems to have ever known about, amongst all the people I grew up with...  It was a cartoon based around The Three Stooges, except that they were mechanically enhanced (if not entirely robot) and living in a rubbish dump of some kind, when not doing... whatever bungling thing they ended up doing.

[1] I got a 'Mediterranean' vibe, IIRC.

[2] "Yet Another Story ID", courtesy of a far older electronic discussion system than this place, so I think the term has a good enough pedigree[3] to re-use here, if you feel like this is a concept that'll ever take off.

[3] Hmmm, is that strictly the right way to say that?  A pedigree generally relies upon many generations of predecessors being known and already accepted, so when it's actually an ancient thing in its own right it can't have a pedigree? ;)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 11:21:01 pm »

I've seen such threads before and they're cool and useful.

Doubt anyone could find what I've been looking for, though. Unless they're well versed in ~20 year old mods for Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures. Still dunno the name of the one I played way back when.

We seem to get threads like this every few weeks, they last for a while, then stop being used.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 12:27:30 am »

Was Osmosis Jones also a TV show, as well as a film? [Ah... ninjaed on that point.]
In the late nineties and early twenty-first century, every movie was made into a kids show. Off the top of my head, I can recall Men in Black, Godzilla, Evolution, The Mighty Ducks (which bore absolutely no resemblance to the movie it was based off of, in the weirdest way possible), and I think there was a Free Wiley show which, like Mighty Ducks, added a sci-fi element to a franchise that in no way possessed it previously. Plus, I think like half of early Toon Disney was tv spin-offs of their more successful movies.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 12:29:08 am »

I thought it was the other way around. I remember the TV show Osmosis Jones before the movie. Osmosis Jones was an interesting TV show.

Nvm you were right.  :-[
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 01:05:35 am »

In the late nineties and early twenty-first century, every movie was made into a kids show. Off the top of my head, I can recall Men in Black, Godzilla, Evolution, The Mighty Ducks (which bore absolutely no resemblance to the movie it was based off of, in the weirdest way possible), and I think there was a Free Wiley show which, like Mighty Ducks, added a sci-fi element to a franchise that in no way possessed it previously. Plus, I think like half of early Toon Disney was tv spin-offs of their more successful movies.
Some of those were awesome (I liked the Men in Black cartoon quite a bit), so that's not in any way a bad thing :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 01:19:35 am »

Some of those were awesome (I liked the Men in Black cartoon quite a bit), so that's not in any way a bad thing :)
+1. The Men in Black cartoon was awesome and (in my nostalgia-clouded mind) hilarious. I think I actually still have a recorded episode on VHS somewhere...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 01:25:19 am »

Someone call?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: [1] 2 3