Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Space Prospector - Turn 4: Yar har diddly dar....  (Read 9423 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - Turn 3: You have ambushed a pirate! Oh wait...
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2012, 09:07:58 pm »

Just an idea to throw out there. If one of the player provides The Red Herring the scan data from N14, The Red Herring could jump there next turn and engage in combat on turn 5. Just a thought.

I think I'll have combat in rounds of five per turn. I might increase it though. I'll have to think about it.

"Edit" Also, I just realized I never mentioned it. PvP is possible. Super valuable artifact? Stab your teammate.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2012, 03:14:37 am »

Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger(N14) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2012, 08:26:38 am »

[edited my turn per Unholy's request]
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2012, 11:08:37 am »

I'm all about the planets.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2012, 05:20:17 pm »

Alright. I need a specific action for the red herring. Mainly because I'm unsure of if you mean 1 of the two stars, or to travel to where the combat is taking(2 turns), where there are two planets.

Also, I won't have time for an update today.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2012, 07:06:44 pm »

H14, then?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2012, 10:35:20 pm »

Sure

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Initiating Space Combat Routine

Spoiler: Mechanics Reveal! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

As you can see, disabling is a lot easier than complete destruction. Also, none of you rolled a disabling chance if you were curious. Though I may have forgot once. Its very hard to keep track of.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Red Herring

You blast off to H14.

This star, once again, has no planets. You don't seem to rock at finding space rocks.

Spoiler: Mechanics Reveal! (click to show/hide)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll update profiles next time. Sorry, this is becoming increasingly time consuming per turn, so if you guys could update your own profiles(with the ship damage and location), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Finely, there's a good chance of our first death!  :D

I'll be debating if people can come back as mercenaries(essentially, you don't get a ship and you work for one of the players still alive with a ship).

Note: You can pick up people(it takes 1 combat round, so if you want to be heroic and save Rory or something. You have to be within firing range, of course)

"Edit" I added tractor beam to the shop menu.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:46:35 pm by Orb »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - Turn 4: Yar har diddly dar....
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2012, 08:00:14 pm »

im thinking we should run but shooting at their guns might give Rory time to repair his engines and escape or his guns and obliterate the frigate hes stuck to.

also how did we manage to miss in round three with a roll of 6+3 then graze them with a 3+3 in round four?
i think that's meant to be the Ukrainian tortoise missing
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:12:04 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2012, 08:03:45 pm »

I am thinking H15, asteroid field. Because we are guaranteed to find something besides a star there.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2012, 08:23:45 pm »

We'll do that, then.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - Turn 1: A New Sector to Explore!
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2012, 08:26:56 pm »

I have a better idea.

We have 5 moves- let's use them!  Plot a course that goes G14-H15-G16.  That way, we check both anomalies and hit a planet!  (I'm going off the 2nd turn having us passing through the anomaly being enough.)

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2012, 08:35:09 pm »

Whichever one gets us the most DOSH.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Prospector - Turn 1: A New Sector to Explore!
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2012, 08:45:15 pm »

I have a better idea.

We have 5 moves- let's use them!  Plot a course that goes G14-H15-G16.  That way, we check both anomalies and hit a planet!  (I'm going off the 2nd turn having us passing through the anomaly being enough.)

You must have missed the debuff. Zero-k scouts can only move 2 tiles. Space Prospector's can only move one, ect. You can see it in the shop.

i think that's meant to be the Ukrainian tortoise missing

Correct. I messed up. There was A LOT to keep track of. Thanks for noticing.

"Edit" Fixed.

Also, preferably post the profiles in the format I did in the updates. With the ship location in the "[spoiler=N14]"

"Edit2" You'll have to stop in the asteroid belt in order to scan it for goodies, just like stars. The reason nebulae are different because what they contain can be detected without a stop scan.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:53:57 pm by Orb »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9