Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46

Author Topic: When Kickstarter Goes Right  (Read 92713 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter Goes Right
« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2014, 03:37:49 pm »

Rise from yon grave: Reading Rainbow
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2014, 04:08:51 pm »

Wow, they sure aren't going to miss their goal, haha.  Almost at 700,000 already!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2014, 05:05:39 pm »

Wow, they sure aren't going to miss their goal, haha.  Almost at 700,000 already!

Moar. I already threw money at it.  I even considered doing a large tier but had to hold myself back due to financial/sanity reasons.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 28, 2014, 05:27:25 pm »

I must weep now, once in joy, as Reading Rainbow is literaly the only educational program that never betrayed my trust in it.  And once in agony, as I have no funds to direct to this wonderful endeavor.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 28, 2014, 08:39:25 pm »

Already reached their funding goal.

For those of you who are unaware: Don't Hug me I'm Scared has a Kickstarter. HELP THE PUPPETS!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 28, 2014, 10:01:31 pm »

I must weep now, once in joy, as Reading Rainbow is literaly the only educational program that never betrayed my trust in it.  And once in agony, as I have no funds to direct to this wonderful endeavor.

Even Bill Nye the science guy betrayed you?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 28, 2014, 10:13:20 pm »

Possibly when he started sticking his face out there on all network television. Kind of like Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Also, thrilled with the RR KS. It's one Kickstarter I will give to with zero fucks given about the rewards, actual product or use of my funds. I owe it that much at least.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 29, 2014, 01:36:38 am »

I have to hand it to LeVar... He is right quality education programming is scarce. Well outside shows for babies to four year olds.

Heck entertaining educational television is rare... and I am someone who would LOVE educational shows and videogames for adults that weren't flat boring documentaries. (Honestly game developers and indie developers.. NO ONE interested in a videogame that teaches you advanced chemistry in a fun way? Ancient Cultures? or even math? Do people just become adults and decide that learning isn't fun?)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:38:56 am by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 29, 2014, 11:54:56 am »

As a kid I had a series of adventuretainment games. Which was fine and everything but why is every freaking door secured with a puzzle based around middle-school level maths/physics/chemistry??

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 29, 2014, 11:56:05 am »

Because video game logic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 29, 2014, 12:07:37 pm »

(Honestly game developers and indie developers.. NO ONE interested in a videogame that teaches you advanced chemistry in a fun way? Ancient Cultures? or even math? Do people just become adults and decide that learning isn't fun?)

I think spacechem should be in every school.  Teaches people to think in algorithms.  The pickings are slim in general for educational games though.

I have a hard time imagining a game that teaches math and is fun, I'm guessing most indie developers are the same way.  :)  Things like history or general science ought not to be too hard though.  I can imagine a fun game based on learning about evolution where you got to make changes to the environment to get a species to evolve.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:10:31 pm by Levi »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 29, 2014, 12:19:24 pm »

Things like history or general science ought not to be too hard though.  I can imagine a fun game based on learning about evolution where you got to make changes to the environment to get a species to evolve.

Operation Weather Disaster.

Has great voice acting, cool puzzles/minigames, and brilliantly informative.  The Big Bad's car is locked with a passcode along the lines of arranging four types of weather phenomenon in decreasing order of destructiveness.  Which is frankly a dumb way to secure anything.  But only if you've been paying attention (notably, he was insane and kind of obsessed, so hey).

It's also got great scenes like Egypt buried in six inches of snow (and still falling).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 29, 2014, 12:26:28 pm »

(Honestly game developers and indie developers.. NO ONE interested in a videogame that teaches you advanced chemistry in a fun way? Ancient Cultures? or even math? Do people just become adults and decide that learning isn't fun?)

I think spacechem should be in every school.  Teaches people to think in algorithms.  The pickings are slim in general for educational games though.

I have a hard time imagining a game that teaches math and is fun, I'm guessing most indie developers are the same way.  :)  Things like history or general science ought not to be too hard though.  I can imagine a fun game based on learning about evolution where you got to make changes to the environment to get a species to evolve.

I thought Spacechem didn't have real chem

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 29, 2014, 12:39:12 pm »

I thought Spacechem didn't have real chem

It doesn't, but it indirectly teaches you algorithms and problem solving which I think its educational.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 30, 2014, 12:45:39 am »

Its not exactly indirect. If you can't problem solve or use algorithms after the beginning of the game it will just stonewall you under a pile of seemingly impossible tasks until you learn or you give up.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46