Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FAvorite were-beast encounters  (Read 11446 times)

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FAvorite were-beast encounters
« on: April 25, 2012, 11:51:25 am »

I've really grown to enjoy the werebeast attacks.  I've had two that were really great.

The first was a were-koala bear.  "Now you will know why you fear the night!!".  He immediately turned into a cavefish man.  A passing soldier picked him up by the head and shook him and he died.

I forget what sort of were-creature the second one was, but after the "now you will know why you fear the night!" notice, he immediately turned into a human.  A nearby stray war dog set after him and chased him off the map.

Love those guys.  Endless comic relief.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: FAvorite were-beast encounters
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »

Were-civet human a while back bumps into one of my many masons, prompts a response from my anti-raven personnel, she gets shot in the shoulder, falls into the only 1x1 murky pool on my map and I proceed to trap her within said murky pool.

Fun times.

U = Were-civet
Ü = Captured human maceman from a merchant caravan (unconsciousness causing syndrome rain = merchant catcher trap ftw)
Ü = Captured human axeman from same caravan
Ü = Captured human bowman (all of them have been disarmed but still carry their clothes. Armour was sold back to the caravan, nothing fancy, just bronze stuff.
Ñ = An ambushing necromancer that was also fouled by the delicious syndrome rain.
There's a spearman who's still not been chained to the south rope yet. It's getting a bit annoying really.

I'm trying to induce were-ism into all of them, before I start moving onto Dwarves.

Also seriously, a were-badger.

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 02:37:52 pm »

I had one turn up with grandiose proclamation about three miles from anyone I couldn't spare, then transform back into an elf and leave after about, ooh, eight seconds. I knew those treehugging bastards were up to something.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

KaraMong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 02:58:01 pm »

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »

I had a wereweasel, it infected one of my dorfs so I locked him in with the vampires. That's when I found out that obsidian swords aren't that great anymore.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 03:04:03 pm »

I had a wereiguana that killed a pig and then turned into a dorf. It was knocked over by a raven and then chopped up by my military.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 03:19:47 pm »

I think it was a wereboar, but one ran up to one of my dwarven children, began mauling him, then turned back into a human woman with the kid's head in her mouth. The boy survived and healed completely when he turned, and became a prominent member of my fort.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

biomatter

• Bay Watcher
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:09 pm »

I was a big 40d player back in the day, recently come back to find an amazing new game, but my first Were-Raccoon came as a surprise. One of my surface-pastured Alpacas had stumbled into the were-beast. I had no military, so I spent 30 minutes learning how to do it in this version, creating squads, setting patrol routes and adding him as a kill target. I un-pause, the Were-Raccoon kills the Alpaca, turns into a human and flees off the map. Hilarious! This game has gotten so much better :D

Also, I seriously hope that line turns into a meme:

Now you will know why you fear the night!
Now you will know why you fear the night!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »

Obligatory monty python reference...

I've had werecamels and weremonitors in my worlds, although no truly badass werebeasts went into my forts. Mostly wereskinks and werejackals.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:30:55 pm by Naryar »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 03:31:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can't force it. If it goes, it goes :p

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »

Also seriously, a were-badger.
Seriously. Your military will be undefeatable.

Werecarp, anyone?

My favourite are werelizards as I personally own a gecko. Not that they could be used in battle;)

morderkaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 10:25:24 am »

After a long time away from the game I started playing again - and found out the hard way that Vampires and Were creatures were added.
First and only Were so far - A human werepanther shows up, but just meanders around the edge of the map and I soon discount him. Till he gets in a scuffle with one of my lumberjacks, then he runs off.
Dwarves drag the injured dwarf into the hospital, and I think everything is ok. Till a short while later where a were panther starts rampaging through the hospital, right into my crafting area and mauls 3 more dwarves (killing one by ripping his leg off) before being taken down by the militia.
This time I watch carefully for the change to lock the hospital doors in case a dwarf changes - the first panther was slow charging out, the second dwarf who changed got out too fast for me to lock the door. He runs into a miner who tries to fight him. Panther does a wrestling move, snaps his leg. Then the panther tries to eat his head, about 20 times, each time being deflected by a copper helm. Meanwhile a fisher is punching the panther in the kidneys, and doing a lot of nothing.
Panther moves on to strangling the miner (an entire page of the report was just that) and finally the militia shows up and carves him to pieces.
All wounded dwarves are put in quarantine in the hospital, walled in with no food or medical attention for 2 months, till im sure they wont change.
All in all, 3 dead dwarves, and 2 injured, and some rather amusing combat reports.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 11:31:38 am »

Were-child. Left the map the moment he appeared and I didn't need to deal with any bs from him.
LEAST favourite was one that fatally mauled both my miners after maybe 1 migrant wave.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 05:32:21 pm »

i stared at this anouncment for a minute before i understood that i was attacked by a donkey.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:40:14 pm by chevil »

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 07:07:41 pm »

i stared at this anouncment for a minute before i understood that i was attacked by a donkey.
Took long enough.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.
Pages: [1] 2 3