_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1948 1949 [1950] 1951 1952 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930831 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29235 on: August 10, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »

((My bad))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29236 on: August 11, 2015, 12:00:52 am »

Absorb the new model laser and gauss rifles.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29237 on: August 11, 2015, 05:10:30 am »

How big a patch of ground could I magnetize in order to 'trap' (or at least severely hinder) anything that contains magnetic materials to the ground there (eg trapping a murderbot or an arbiter to the ground)? And would that trap me?
Depends on the composition of the ground and how you magnetize it.

Well, I'd just alter the properties of whatever the ground is made of so that it's highly magnetic. Or do you know of a better way to do that? And is the general idea a viable way to 'hit' something extremely speedy (because it's AoE, and because it's not a direct manip attack against it) like an arbiter without just blowing everything up?

Can I create EMP's? If yes, how powerful, how big, and can it circumvent EMP shielded things by virtue of it being generated directly inside them?
You could...I think the size would depend on how it was created. And you might, depends on how the shielding worked.

Well then, how do you figure I could best create one? What various ways are there, and what are their up-or downsides?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29238 on: August 11, 2015, 11:40:06 am »

This is crazy, you know.
Ah come on, several men and women just merged into a Frankestein and slowly driven each other out from the body. How is what you are doing crazy?

Rimma shakes her head a little on her way. She passes under the glowing purple sign of Impending Doom. This file she stumbled upon in archives, her curiosity couldn't settle for several days already. It didn't matter how hard she tried to overcome this almost physically painful need. She takes a seat in an empty bar and her fist clenches harder around the weighty metallic object she brought with her.

- A shot of vodka, please. Can I see Nyars?

If Nyars is at his room in the back of the bar, come there and ask if I can engage his services to interact with Metamorphosis Device. Give him the Blueshard Rifle clip as a subject.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:59:37 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29239 on: August 11, 2015, 07:04:42 pm »

Would happen appon the bar in the process of finding the armory master
AH So This is where the fine tavern is! Funny name though, woner how it glows. I'll have to ask inside.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29240 on: August 12, 2015, 03:13:05 am »

Find an old Mk1 and flatten out some of the fabric sections.
use my laser to cut two squares in the suit, probably from the upper legs or stomach, that are 50% larger than my knife and shurken respectively in order to form a set of identical sleeves for both of my new weapons.

place my knife and shuriken in their respective sleeves.
apply strategically placed clamps so that the sleeves are held together forming an accurately shaped mold, make sure to leave a small gap at one end to form a funnel.
melt a thin layer of metal over each sleeve's raised sections where the weapon is visible beneath.
wait for that metal to cool and remove the four clamps that are most likely positioned to hold the sleeves together effectively and melt some metal over these sections as well making sure it connects to the metal from the previous step.
wait for those sections to cool, then seperate the sleeves and recover the weapons.

okay were doing this again, but with the addition of finding the Mk1.

search my crate in my hagar, i had a dead player character in there... one of the jacks who died on Hephaestus. he'd have a suit right?
if not search the rec room, people are always dying or merging or getting horribly maimed by rampant space magic in there and leaving stuff behind.
if not... take off the one i wear under my exosuit and use that instead.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29241 on: August 13, 2015, 02:33:43 pm »

Right now, yes. Disguised cameyes go into the inventory! Launch the IVAN treatment!
Oh uh...one last thing. This might kill you. It's kind of the avatar thing; you might just go fucking nuts and we'll have to murder you. You're cool with that right?

(( PW: For wiki purposes, should we leave The Chief's 'will' stat around, or can Cthunkan be treated as a normal character now? (please say to leave it around :P) ))
Just merge them into superchief; chief's skills, cthunkan's stats.

Spoiler: new character (click to show/hide)
WIKI

Sir JOhnsone the second would get out of his chamber collapsing onto the floor and coughing a bit
The bloody 'ell! I went to bed to bed with my wife and.....
Would stop and look arround really confused.
Wherethe hell am I, am....am I dead, I thought Heven was a bunch of Gates and shit... Well time to figure out What I can do with heaven.
Would notice he is naked and the valve in his chest
This isn't heaven...I think I'm in hell....
would get up and walk out of the room putting the clothes on and grabbing those wierd token shaped things
now where is my sword....WHERE"'S MY BLOODY SWORD!

walk down the hallway and into the recroom
ANYONE KNOW WHERE I AM? AM I IN HELL?
You enter the rec room, screaming incoherently.

Anthony wanders around the ship before coming across the Armory, after taking a quick peak to make sure no tentacled space horror is going to snatch him up as soon as he walks in, he walks up to the kiosk window. He strokes his beard as he reads the many options to choose from and speaks under his breath, "Oo, gauss rifle, can't go wrong with a slug thrower. But then you need to buy ammo. Lasers are nice from the vids I've seen. I've always liked a good knife fight though, hmm. Eh, but then you have to be all up in some ones business, might save that as a back up plan. Hmm. Ooo variable laser rifle. Hmm, adjustable wavelength, runs off a genny, I think I'm sold on it." 
He then turns to the nice lady sitting behind the counter and speaks up with a smile on his face, "Hello there! Could I please get a Variable Laser Rifle please? Er, I believe it is called the 'Spektr'. And I didn't see it on there, but how much would it cost for just a simple boot knife? Or a combat knife of some sort?"

Buy a Spektr. Inquire about the cost of a boot knife or a combat knife. Wander the ship some more, hit up the theater.
Wiki the spektr, you can get the knife for free, and the theater is showing footage of only one mission right now since the other two aren't broadcasting for various reasons.

Christopher Pseudos leaves the stasis chamber dazed. As usual, most of the liquid swilling about his feet is chemical solvent, and much is vomit, but in this case, some of it is tears.

Christopher takes a few minutes to get his bearings, then orders printouts of every mission report in the past year or two, as well as a relatively unbiased version of recent galactic history, and a general encyclopedia. He has a lot of catching up to do, and reads them in his room.

After some time spent reading, he obtains some paper and a marker pen, hanging a crude sign above his room:
"ARM Common Soldier's Union - First Meeting"
And below it:
"CSU welcoming new members: anyone below general-rank accepted.

He then drags some chairs into his room, and gets some biscuits from the kitchen, trying to make friends with the kitchen staff and find out if they have a union, placing the biscuits in the center of the room.

Finally, he wanders into the rec room, quietly brief placing handwritten cards with directions to his room on the tables, which talk about a more democratic, comradely existence, and tries to persuade anyone at a loose end below general rank to come to the meeting. He also takes time to politely notify the Doctor and Armoury master of his efforts, bringing a cake from the kitchens for the latter, and an interesting autopsy report for the former.

If he has any time left, he also picks up various bits of scrap metal from the armoury, and doggedly attempts to constuct the beginnings of a typewriter and printing press, though only given time.

Don't make me hire the pinkertons to break your kneecaps, union boy.

Also, I'm gonna say you get through only the first action there are getting all the IC knowledge you want, since I don't see "Legendary speed reader" on this character sheet.

"Some very strange weapons indeed... they can bend space and shoot fire... I reccommend not touching one under any circumstances!"

"Anyone else for the union?"
Shoot fire? LIKE THE ROAR OF A MIGHTY DRAGON!
would sprint off and purchase ask how much the Multi role weapon MKII would be, buy it if I can afford it, if I can not then purchase the cheap laser rifle with the bayonet off the player  market and the force monosword instead! then pick up some scrap metal, so weird things that store the electricity of the heavens (batteries)!, some metal coated in  the strange  'plastic', some glass lenses, a tin can, some ale, nuts and bolts, and tools (rivet driver, screw driver, hammer, sandpaper, wrench, ect)
4 tokens for the multi role weapon. If you have enough, WIKI.

How big a patch of ground could I magnetize in order to 'trap' (or at least severely hinder) anything that contains magnetic materials to the ground there (eg trapping a murderbot or an arbiter to the ground)? And would that trap me?
Depends on the composition of the ground and how you magnetize it.

Well, I'd just alter the properties of whatever the ground is made of so that it's highly magnetic. Or do you know of a better way to do that? And is the general idea a viable way to 'hit' something extremely speedy (because it's AoE, and because it's not a direct manip attack against it) like an arbiter without just blowing everything up?

Can I create EMP's? If yes, how powerful, how big, and can it circumvent EMP shielded things by virtue of it being generated directly inside them?
You could...I think the size would depend on how it was created. And you might, depends on how the shielding worked.

Well then, how do you figure I could best create one? What various ways are there, and what are their up-or downsides?

Well, it's like this: You could just convert the ground into a big lump of rare earth magnets, but that would be very hard and as such give you less. Or, if the composition of the ground is right, such as if it was made of metal, you could just cause the metal to take on a magnetic force in the same way you can magnetize an iron bar with a solenoid and DC power.  The point is that that it is far easier to manipulate things to change using existent natural processes then to simply will something into existence.

As per emp....Well the method people seem to use now-a-days either involves nuclear explosions or Explosively pumped flux compression generators. Alternatively you could just fart it out of nowhere, which is probably the least technical but hardest method. You'd probably do better to create them via using some kind of existing medium and then affecting it in the right way with your manip. Be the explosive behind the Explosively pumped flux compression generator, or similar.

This is crazy, you know.
Ah come on, several men and women just merged into a Frankestein and slowly driven each other out from the body. How is what you are doing crazy?

Rimma shakes her head a little on her way. She passes under the glowing purple sign of Impending Doom. This file she stumbled upon in archives, her curiosity couldn't settle for several days already. It didn't matter how hard she tried to overcome this almost physically painful need. She takes a seat in an empty bar and her fist clenches harder around the weighty metallic object she brought with her.

- A shot of vodka, please. Can I see Nyars?

If Nyars is at his room in the back of the bar, come there and ask if I can engage his services to interact with Metamorphosis Device. Give him the Blueshard Rifle clip as a subject.

Pill machine huh? The entire clip too?

Find an old Mk1 and flatten out some of the fabric sections.
use my laser to cut two squares in the suit, probably from the upper legs or stomach, that are 50% larger than my knife and shurken respectively in order to form a set of identical sleeves for both of my new weapons.

place my knife and shuriken in their respective sleeves.
apply strategically placed clamps so that the sleeves are held together forming an accurately shaped mold, make sure to leave a small gap at one end to form a funnel.
melt a thin layer of metal over each sleeve's raised sections where the weapon is visible beneath.
wait for that metal to cool and remove the four clamps that are most likely positioned to hold the sleeves together effectively and melt some metal over these sections as well making sure it connects to the metal from the previous step.
wait for those sections to cool, then seperate the sleeves and recover the weapons.

okay were doing this again, but with the addition of finding the Mk1.

search my crate in my hagar, i had a dead player character in there... one of the jacks who died on Hephaestus. he'd have a suit right?
if not search the rec room, people are always dying or merging or getting horribly maimed by rampant space magic in there and leaving stuff behind.
if not... take off the one i wear under my exosuit and use that instead.

He'd probably have a least part of a suit I would think.

The rest of that....fine. You get your blades and such, though they have a kinda odd texture to them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29242 on: August 13, 2015, 02:36:57 pm »

Yep. Do it. I wanna see what happens. Spare no detail!

Though if the odds of going nuts and needing some urgent murdering are higher than 16.67%, maybe don't do it after all. Depends on that, I'd say.

Do specify that all my shit goes to the team fund if I die because of this, including the funny little moss farm I had in Chief's room.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:13:31 pm by Harry Baldman »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29243 on: August 13, 2015, 02:44:51 pm »

(((how much ammo does multi role weapon come with)))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29244 on: August 13, 2015, 02:57:25 pm »

(I totally missed the update where you asked but yes I was on a phone)
Purchase divine il fire. Then take it to the test lab(we have one right?)open the box and examine it's contents

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29245 on: August 13, 2015, 02:59:41 pm »

Pill machine huh? The entire clip too?

- If it will fit in the chamber, yes. If it doesn't, I have it in smaller size, fitted for blaster pistol. And I can make five pills before I have to pay, correct? Because after this one I'm making another before consuming the first. I just don't have the ingredients for the second one yet.

Keep talking with Nyars about Pill Machining.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:21:22 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29246 on: August 13, 2015, 03:11:36 pm »

would wave good bye to the Armory master saying: Thanks fair lady! I have to go and work now. Please, have a good day. Would then do a quick bow, smiling before turning and walking down the hallway.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29247 on: August 13, 2015, 04:49:54 pm »

Absorb the new model laser and gauss rifles.
((@piecewise: Did this action succeed then? To be clearer, it meant absorbing them with the gauntlet and not with sharkmist.))

Milno takes another look at the video feeds and checks the rec room for any sign of fuckery before heading to the armory.

Head to the armory, acquire as much free scrap metal as possible - 10 pounds or something - then head to the test room and have the sharkmist absorb it. If it's necessary to specify where all that metal is going, try covering the left upper arm in small metal scales then repeating that for the right upper and lower arms.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29248 on: August 14, 2015, 07:04:13 am »

Christopher's action: same as last time:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoilered to take up less space.
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29249 on: August 14, 2015, 08:36:40 am »

Christopher's action: same as last time:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoilered to take up less space.
assist
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1948 1949 [1950] 1951 1952 ... 2101