_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1551 1552 [1553] 1554 1555 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934241 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23280 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:41 am »

((The OOC thread can't be the Tinker thread, because the OOC thread by its very nature is a thread where the GM does not post, unless similarly out-of-character, and Tinker requires grounding in in-universe rules, and GM participation.))

((I don't mean the actual Tinker turns, just the general engineering talk and discussion that typically accompanies it, hence the 'to an extent' part. Not that we actually need to separate the tinkering, because it doesn't happen all that often and each bit of tinkering is only a single post after each GM turn.))
((But then it's divorced from the tinkering itself, and worse - lost in the pile of talking everyone else is doing. A dedicated Tinker thread would be the best solution for this, assuming we had a separate subforum to put it into. Tinker OOC talk is frequently not OOC as much as saving time by explaining designs out of character, with links and pictures and such.))

((Well, we're likely to be getting one soon enough, since we're going to need somewhere for me (and those who stay with me) to post our stuff from Hephaestus. I won't mind that being treated as the Tinker thread.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23281 on: January 28, 2014, 07:41:52 am »

((The OOC thread can't be the Tinker thread, because the OOC thread by its very nature is a thread where the GM does not post, unless similarly out-of-character, and Tinker requires grounding in in-universe rules, and GM participation.))

((I don't mean the actual Tinker turns, just the general engineering talk and discussion that typically accompanies it, hence the 'to an extent' part. Not that we actually need to separate the tinkering, because it doesn't happen all that often and each bit of tinkering is only a single post after each GM turn.))
((But then it's divorced from the tinkering itself, and worse - lost in the pile of talking everyone else is doing. A dedicated Tinker thread would be the best solution for this, assuming we had a separate subforum to put it into. Tinker OOC talk is frequently not OOC as much as saving time by explaining designs out of character, with links and pictures and such.))

((Well, we're likely to be getting one soon enough, since we're going to need somewhere for me (and those who stay with me) to post our stuff from Hephaestus. I won't mind that being treated as the Tinker thread.))
((True. And even moreso, considering that as long as FTL comms hold, the Hephaestus team can stay directly in touch with the tinkerers on the Sword.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23282 on: January 28, 2014, 08:31:31 am »

((Okay, so we get an OOC thread, a Tinker thread, a Hephaestus thread, a fanart thread, a sex thread, an on ship but off mission thread, an on ship but on mission thread, and at some point it becomes one giant mess.  Personally, I'm against it.))
((Slippery Slope fallacy. Try again.))

((And are you guys seriously considering a completely separate ER/piecewise subforum? I'm pretty sure that would require a pretty hefty petition.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23283 on: January 28, 2014, 10:34:37 am »

Quote from: Pancaek->AM
Yes, I did have to hug the floor for a bit afterwards because my brain was screaming at me. I will try and remember to use pulses in the future.

On that note, how would you suggest using the Mass Manipulator Amp in combat, both against single targets and large groups. I suppose I could try Jim's method and plop their heads of in single combat, but I am unsure wether this is the most efficient way. I am, sadly, somewhat at a loss when it comes to larger groups. Or even mechsuits and ships, for that matter. I feel woefully unprepared for the upcoming battle against the UWM

As always, any wisdom you could share on the matter is most appreciated.

Love and huggles,

Pancaek

Send email, await wisdom

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23284 on: January 28, 2014, 10:38:57 am »

((Is the mass manipulator the telekinetic one or the transmutation one?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23285 on: January 28, 2014, 10:57:02 am »

((Is the mass manipulator the telekinetic one or the transmutation one?))
((The telekinetic one. Though it can do a decent job of transmuting a human body into a pile of goo. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23286 on: January 28, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »

"I think I never asked you, but do you have plans for what you want to do after all this mess is over?"

Ask AM.

Spoiler: Timeskip Quote (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23287 on: January 28, 2014, 12:17:32 pm »

((Lars is going to spend his year working on propaganda work for Steve.  I'll try to get a detailed post up soon when I have the time to rub two brain cells together.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23288 on: January 28, 2014, 12:33:41 pm »

buy an artifact from Nyars. Choose something RED.

((Also, +1 OOC thread))
Don't care about the shape? Just red and small?

What are the long term effects of Xeno-spit?
Are there Xeno-spit addicts?
Is there anyone saying it's good or advocating its use?
Have any studies on its effects on the body and mind been conducted?

((OOC thread is a good idea.))
According to the website...the long term effects are...Happiness and a warm feeling of money well spent.

There are forums of people talking about what it's like to use it, always with the header of "XENO-SPIT INC TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR PEOPLE WHO DECIDE TO DRINK OUR DECORATIVE PRODUCTS!" From what you can tell there aren't addicts, as in people who have a physiological dependance on the substance, but there are people who seem rather psychologically addicted to it.

The company repeatedly says not to drink it, while other people talk about it as being something you shouldn't drink alone, or in great quantities, but something that is a cool trip every now and again.

You can't find any; you assume that there's gotta be some out there, but nothing you can access. Hmm. Clearly you need to conduct your own tests! You just need some willing participants! Now where is Thomas?

Help Thomas up.

"You might have to stop with the alcoholism."
You help Thomas sit up and then stand up. He seems sorta shaky, but mostly alright. Mostly.

((Either would be nice, but I was thinking about one that Thomas could walk around with.))
"Hi May... I think I made a bad decisions."
Try to stand up.
Well, sure. As long as you don't mind wheeling it around behind you.

Although the thought of a sniper who is such an alcoholic that he needs to bring a dialysis machine with him at all times makes me smile.

((If any game needs an OOC thread right now, it's probably ER. The chatter is incredibly distracting, to say the least. Not to mention that it makes thread navigation quite difficult.))

No, no, no. I do not give two slices of piping hot excrement about the complaints of the populace! I care about celebrities, unusual happenings among high society, fun bits of history! The sort of thing that news is made for! Obtain more of that wonderfully entertaining, informative journalism in the vein of the Shamshial story!
Well, we got a few possible stories for ya then.

There's a celebrity on Nakstrani who is being charged with mass murder, but is saying that someone replaced his fake gun with a real one during a film scene, which lead to said murder.

There's Magistar who has been gassing his own people with psychoactive drugs.

And theres a story about someone who appears to have assaulted a magistar, taken him hostage and demanded a specially made bicycle as a get away vehicle. Hmm. That guy looks familiar.

"Thank you for your time."

With that, Steve wanders out of the infirmary and into the research area.  Then he follows Dubley (NAV's char), while typing a message to Miyamoto.

Quote from: Steve Saint to Miyamoto De Bergerac
Hello.  My name is Steve Saint.  I'm a new recruit, although to what I've been recruited, I have no idea.

You are the pilot of an Avatar of War, correct?  I've been told that you would be the person to ask for information, especially information about a 'coming conflict' that will be happening soon.

Can you explain the situation to me?

((Just FYI, NAV, Mesk bought a small red triangle w/ diagonal line, and ended up with the artifact that made the HEP possible.  So that's probably a good combination to get.))
You follow Dubley over to the research and development area and watch as he digs around in Nyar's box of potential death.

(...I would honestly be in favor of an ER subforum. Everything could be neatly divided: a general on-ship thread, a general on-Hephaestus thread, a thread for each mission, a thread for character sheets so they're all easy to keep up with... even as disorganized as I am personally, I love organization done well. And PW clearly is a machine or something so he can keep up with it all. :P)

Jim checks his communicator for any messages he might have missed. If there are any, he reads them. If not or after he does, he goes to the barracks and lies down on a random bunk.
I don't think anyones been talking to you because we've been specifically told that you're too busy to do much. Although, I may be wrong.

IF I'M WRONG, NOW IS THE TIME TO TALK TO SERCON!

Anyways, you go lay down in a bunk and wait to be useful.

Quote from: Pancaek->AM
Yes, I did have to hug the floor for a bit afterwards because my brain was screaming at me. I will try and remember to use pulses in the future.

On that note, how would you suggest using the Mass Manipulator Amp in combat, both against single targets and large groups. I suppose I could try Jim's method and plop their heads of in single combat, but I am unsure wether this is the most efficient way. I am, sadly, somewhat at a loss when it comes to larger groups. Or even mechsuits and ships, for that matter. I feel woefully unprepared for the upcoming battle against the UWM

As always, any wisdom you could share on the matter is most appreciated.

Love and huggles,

Pancaek

Send email, await wisdom
The important thing to remember is that everything has a weakpoint. Battle suits still have a person inside them. A person susceptible to being crushed or lit on fire. Or their joints, or power systems, or cameras, or a dozen other places. As per groups, if you're in a team, which I assume you will be, focus less on killing them and more on impairing their ability to fight while your teammates kill them. Use shockwaves to knock them down or throw off their aim or the like. There's no reason to try and kill them all by yourself when you've got men with guns behind you. 

"I think I never asked you, but do you have plans for what you want to do after all this mess is over?"

Ask AM.

Spoiler: Timeskip Quote (click to show/hide)

"I can't say I've given much thought to the matter. To me, I doubt it will ever be over; this isn't a prison sentence or tour of duty to me, after all. I doesn't have an expiration date. This is what I've chosen to do; it's my life's work. And honestly, planning for the far future is dangerous in my book. Takes your focus off the present, blurs your knowledge of the now with your dreams for the future.

OK. I have PM'd toady and basically told him about the situation and asked about the possibility of a subforum, just to see if it's even possible before anyone starts signing petitions. Now we just have to see what he says.

REGARDLESS, ER is gonna get an ooc thread. I'm gonna wait to see how this subforum talk goes before doing anything, but it will get one regardless.

IF we get a subforum, I'm probably gonna start doing a new thread per mission, just to make things easier and cut down on thread size.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23289 on: January 28, 2014, 01:24:31 pm »

((Assuming subforum, a thread per mission would be quite good.  The real question is if anyone would be willing to go through the old mission threads and separate them.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23290 on: January 28, 2014, 01:29:12 pm »

Yup. Just small and red.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23291 on: January 28, 2014, 01:49:28 pm »

((Let's try something silly...))
Go find the Doctor or if I can't find him, send him a message. Ask the Doc if he can make me a horse. ((Note: By "make me a horse" I mean make some sort of flesh abomination for me. Not turn me into a fleshy abomination. And definitely not turn me into a pony.))
Specifically:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I don't really need this since I got a mobility battlesuit, just doing this for fun. Perhaps after I train it, I could donate it to someone using the melee or the heavy weapons kind of battlesuit. It was one of the things I wanted the Doctor to build me since the first mission and I want to see if it was ever possible.

I guess I could ask Xan to do it, but I'd prefer not to.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:26:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23293 on: January 28, 2014, 02:15:16 pm »

((I could be your hors-oh just saw that last bit.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23294 on: January 28, 2014, 02:23:36 pm »

Who is that familiar guy? Try to place him. Search for him on the Internet! I must know!

Also, check out that psychoactive gassing article. That sounds remarkably relevant to what I've been meaning to experiment with!
Pages: 1 ... 1551 1552 [1553] 1554 1555 ... 2101