_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1550 1551 [1552] 1553 1554 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933979 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23265 on: January 27, 2014, 09:14:22 pm »

((I don't know if an OOC thread would even be... well, needed. OOC is the kind of thing that just springs up spontaneously. If people had the self-restraint to go to the OOC thread to start an OOC discussion, they could just as easily go to PMs. It'd be no easier to contain discussion to the thread than to anywhere else, and the resulting thread would have nothing at all to do with ER, barring that it'd be posted in by the same people who play in ER.

Unless of course you'd want to strictly separate IC and OOC. But ER is anything but a serious RP game, so that might not turn out too well.))
Actually, some of us care for no distractions and totally off-topic posts, which are mostly not-PMd because they talk to the general everyone.

PUT DOWN A DARN OOC THREAD.
If people had the self-restraint

(That's kind of the problem right there. Now I'm going to exercise some myself and not post until I can think of something for Jim to do. I may wait until after the year-long timeskip since there seems to be one coming up.)
Because I HEAVILY concur with this.

((If any game needs an OOC thread right now, it's probably ER. The chatter is incredibly distracting, to say the least. Not to mention that it makes thread navigation quite difficult.))
This. THIS. THIS.
I've navigated over a hundred pages (15 posts per page) and you don't know how much chatter is totally unrelated or in the very least, contained to matter only at that point in time.

It is wholly better for an OOC thread to be made, so everyone can OOC there. If they have to direct to a single thread, then just link it. Surely laziness can't crop up due to that-and simple tiny OOC statements can be done in-IC posts, too. The majority of OOC conversations could be placed in that specified thread.

Hypothetical question for those against it:
> Why has it been suggested so many times, with the only counter point being a prediction of 'many more' threads being created?
I. Doubt. That. In all its entirety. There comes a limit to when and how organized threads are (not to mention that when thread-focus is shifted before and when a mission starts, there are lacking links to where exactly the mission starts and ends. Just copy, paste, and URL-link the post where the mission is in when announcing the shift.)

I've spent literal hours trying to piece together what happened, in where when a simple link would've helped fix the whole thing.
*Mission talk mission talk*~
mission debriefing here, go to other thread thanks. - which links to the post in question (here, it is this post) which hastens the read for interested players/players catching up.
The OOC chatter does not help. At all.

Hence why I am so adamant about this OOC thread going on. Sure, some of you can bother with the chat, but that does not pertain to the general other people. :/

((...I'm not sure if we should message Toady to do this or not.
We))
((You should message him probably. If you don't I might. Or maybe GWG should? We should gather some arguments first, though.))
Just do it already. You could add the suggestion to change the subboard in the RTD forum to 'novel-esque RTDs' for their length. >__>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:16:55 pm by Tiruin »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #23266 on: January 27, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »

(I'd be happy with an OOC thread.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23267 on: January 27, 2014, 10:49:11 pm »

((Otherwise this thread is pretty much the OOC thread. Not much of it anywhere else.))
((1. There's OOC everywhere, just slightly more here.
2. There's also IC in this thread. That makes it a crappy OOC thread.))

((...I'm not sure if we should message Toady to do this or not.
We))
((You should message him probably. If you don't I might. Or maybe GWG should? We should gather some arguments first, though.))
((Wait, why me?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23268 on: January 27, 2014, 11:05:28 pm »

((Wait, why me?))
Because you're the chosen one.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23269 on: January 27, 2014, 11:31:13 pm »

((Wait, why me?))

((Maybe it's because...
...Forget PW being a robot, I think we've found the AI right here.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23270 on: January 27, 2014, 11:32:21 pm »

((Wait, why me?))
Because you're the chosen one.
((Yes, but why? Unless Toady pays a lot of attention to forum stats and games, he probably mostly knows me as "that guy who keeps squabbling with Gamerlord and getting into arguments".))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23271 on: January 28, 2014, 12:25:31 am »

((Okay, so we get an OOC thread, a Tinker thread, a Hephaestus thread, a fanart thread, a sex thread, an on ship but off mission thread, an on ship but on mission thread, and at some point it becomes one giant mess.  Personally, I'm against it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23272 on: January 28, 2014, 12:29:08 am »

((Keep the sex thread and the tinker thread, the rest is p. much superfluous.
...Well, except for the toilet jokes thread. That one never gets old. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23273 on: January 28, 2014, 12:43:37 am »

((Okay, so we get an OOC thread, a Tinker thread, a Hephaestus thread, a fanart thread, a sex thread, an on ship but off mission thread, an on ship but on mission thread, and at some point it becomes one giant mess.  Personally, I'm against it.))
((Dibs on the fanart thread.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23274 on: January 28, 2014, 01:21:42 am »

((I think we need a piecewise subforum not just an ER one.

Imagine it, we could have all his active games and OOC threads displayed in the main section with a stickied index and an archive subfolder where all his abandoned and half created games go for people to read and thus be inspired to create spinoffs.

It would be a glorious place dominated by snarkiness, "science" and murder.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:24:17 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23275 on: January 28, 2014, 01:57:51 am »

((It already is a giant mess. That's exactly the problem we're having right now, hence the reason why people without the time and inclination to sort through all the layers of extraneous silliness are finding it more and more difficult to actually play the game, RP and have fun. Besides, an OOC thread could also be the fanart thread and, to an extent, the Tinker thread, considering how most engineering that happens at any given point is mostly OOC anyway.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23276 on: January 28, 2014, 02:02:08 am »

((It already is a giant mess. That's exactly the problem we're having right now, hence the reason why people without the time and inclination to sort through all the layers of extraneous silliness are finding it more and more difficult to actually play the game, RP and have fun. Besides, an OOC thread could also be the fanart thread and, to an extent, the Tinker thread, considering how most engineering that happens at any given point is mostly OOC anyway.))
((The OOC thread can't be the Tinker thread, because the OOC thread by its very nature is a thread where the GM does not post, unless similarly out-of-character, and Tinker requires grounding in in-universe rules, and GM participation.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23277 on: January 28, 2014, 02:03:59 am »

((I suppose tinker stuff could just remain in the OOC thread... but then  you guys do get into some very in-depth plans. :-\))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23278 on: January 28, 2014, 02:24:05 am »

((The OOC thread can't be the Tinker thread, because the OOC thread by its very nature is a thread where the GM does not post, unless similarly out-of-character, and Tinker requires grounding in in-universe rules, and GM participation.))

((I don't mean the actual Tinker turns, just the general engineering talk and discussion that typically accompanies it, hence the 'to an extent' part. Not that we actually need to separate the tinkering, because it doesn't happen all that often and each bit of tinkering is only a single post after each GM turn.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23279 on: January 28, 2014, 06:41:48 am »

((I don't mean the actual Tinker turns, just the general engineering talk and discussion that typically accompanies it, hence the 'to an extent' part. Not that we actually need to separate the tinkering, because it doesn't happen all that often and each bit of tinkering is only a single post after each GM turn.))
((But then it's divorced from the tinkering itself, and worse - lost in the pile of talking everyone else is doing. A dedicated Tinker thread would be the best solution for this, assuming we had a separate subforum to put it into. Tinker OOC talk is frequently not OOC as much as saving time by explaining designs out of character, with links and pictures and such.))

Pages: 1 ... 1550 1551 [1552] 1553 1554 ... 2101