_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932509 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23115 on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:39 pm »

Jobasio wandered over to the infirmary bed containing the poor guy who'd tried to vomit on him.
"Feeling better, I hope?" He shook out a few pills from his bottle of painkillers and scooped them into his mouth to numb the ever-present fear he felt these days, idly watching the man. "Amazing things they're doing with medicine these days, to be sure. Why, I once had my head almost snapped clean off, and yet here I am none the worse for wear. Say, have you met Whig?"

Jobasio fondly pats the bright blue-coloured gauss rifle slung over his shoulder with a slightly unhinged smile.
"She's not much of a conversationalist, I'm afraid, but nonetheless she is my dearest friend."

>Fight the fear of my own mortality with DRUGSSSSSS.

>Babble at Fail-vomit-guy/Lerman
(?) in a friendly manner.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23116 on: January 23, 2014, 02:42:12 pm »

Ooh! Top 10 Worst Magistars! Read that one!

Then find shocking articles not directly relevant to whatever's happening right now, read them thoroughly. So sick of everything being war, war, rebellion, war, accidental genocide, war, war, misery.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23117 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:52 pm »

Exit the vr. Grudgingly give my 3 anomalous artifacts to the science folk. (The golden flaming rebar with the force field, the glowing spike, and the black diamonds). Try to barter with them, for some tokens in exchange for the artifacts.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:22:11 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23118 on: January 23, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »

((Sure the automanip may be more expensive then *A* standard fusion bomb, but its not more expensive then INFINITE standard fusion bombs, which is what it could potentially provide.))

Continue looking through the LESHO schematics, create new file with them copied entitled "HAWKING Radiator"
Strip out the guidance systems and any current ammo related systems.

Attach matter automanip where the previous ammo chamber was, programmed to produce fusion round casings.
Examine current status of gun and any errors it produces.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:06:16 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23119 on: January 23, 2014, 04:37:33 pm »

((Sure the automanip may be more expensive then *A* standard fusion bomb, but its not more expensive then INFINITE standard fusion bombs, which is what it could potentially provide.))

Continue looking through the LESHO schematics, create new file with them copied entitled "HAWKING Radiator"

Attach matter automanip where the previous ammo chamber was, programmed to produce fusion round casings.

((Even if that works as intended its not gonna produce infinite shells, manips run off of non rechargeable magic batteries.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23120 on: January 23, 2014, 04:46:46 pm »

Roll out of bed past drugged idiot and find something to do.

((Where is Radiocontrolled hiding out? Sorry for being king noob, but I don't know where to submit my application.))

((On the topic of bottomless clips, you'd need a lot of energy to provide at least a few rounds.))
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:01:43 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23121 on: January 23, 2014, 05:15:01 pm »

((I have a good idea: how about a giant catapult that shoots overloaded manipulators. 3 tokens/shot, destructive power of the dam incident))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23122 on: January 23, 2014, 05:26:17 pm »

((At that rate, why not catch aliens and fling them at the enemy?))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23123 on: January 23, 2014, 06:05:07 pm »

"The speed that they are reacting is unprecedented if we have already decapitated their control structure. are these outside forces?"
ask
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23124 on: January 23, 2014, 06:10:53 pm »

((At that rate, why not catch aliens and fling them at the enemy?))

((We... kind of already do that. Or at least we can. See the Crystalline Projector and Sandbag system.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23125 on: January 23, 2014, 06:13:17 pm »

((Even if that works as intended its not gonna produce infinite shells, manips run off of non rechargeable magic batteries.))
((Oh....FUCK. I feel like I just got punched right in the invention. Oh that's right I did!))

((I have a good idea: how about a giant catapult that shoots overloaded manipulators. 3 tokens/shot, destructive power of the dam incident))
((One limitation I DO know about manips, is that they have a range problem. So no manip overload mines or catapults :())

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23126 on: January 23, 2014, 06:17:54 pm »

((One limitation I DO know about manips, is that they have a range problem. So no manip overload mines or catapults :())

((Thing is, you're probably launching the thing at people. And there's nothing stopping you from beginning the overload within the weapon, then launching the manipulator away, similar to Stacy's inadvertent throw during Ice-9.

Granted, it would be really tempting for piecewise to screw you over in that case, as we have information that manipulator overloads apparently don't happen in a predictable way (though we have yet to see evidence for lack of a pattern).))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23127 on: January 23, 2014, 06:22:10 pm »

"Hrm.  I haven't seen any avatars yet.  Where would I find him?  Actually, better, what's his name?  I could just text him if I knew that."

Get IC Intel about RC.

((Automanip gun shenanigans:
LESHO rounds already cost three tokens a pop.  So if you can make an automanip that can make more than one round per reload, you'll have an overall more efficient weapon.

Problem is that you're stripping the guidance system, so you won't have the amazing accuracy of a LESHO, and the automanip probably costs more than the gun.  It might still be useful as a general bombardment weapon.  Maybe.

@Manip overload shenanigans
Aside from the range issues, that might be useful, but remember that overloads are somewhat random.  Sometimes they are almighty incidents of destruction (China-9, Ice-9), sometimes they're just somewhat destructive (the two times an urban executor has overloaded one).  More importantly, in ARM operations where token cost matters rather than resource cost, the destruction is almost always too severe.  ALL -9 incidents have been very bad.   In the overall ARM war, we don't really know what the cost of a manip is.  It might be cheaper to make nukes of comparable size, simply because fissile material's comparatively easy to get.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23128 on: January 23, 2014, 07:28:37 pm »

After realizing his error, HAWKING instead decides to begin work in earnest on the Stealth Sleeve.

Create file, start with a full arm "sleeve" of whatever funky material the kids are using these days for their knitting, then copy over a basic gauss pistol. Examine pistol and strip its handle and trigger. Then search files for how the hand laser trigger mechanism works. How does it tell when someone is making a "fingergun" and differentiate that from all the other ways a hand can move.

He also Calls Grate Over.

"Hey son!
So I saw you jumped into a giant reactor and turned into hamburger.
You probably shouldn't do that, just for reference"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:30:31 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23129 on: January 23, 2014, 08:45:01 pm »

((Thing is, you're probably launching the thing at people. And there's nothing stopping you from beginning the overload within the weapon, then launching the manipulator away, similar to Stacy's inadvertent throw during Ice-9.

Granted, it would be really tempting for piecewise to screw you over in that case, as we have information that manipulator overloads apparently don't happen in a predictable way (though we have yet to see evidence for lack of a pattern).))
((They seem at least somewhat predictable and controllable. Trying to freeze a large area caused ice-9, trying to burn a large area caused china-9 and the fireball in mission 5. Of course, that could just be a coincidence. We would need a larger sample size to know for sure 8)))
Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 2101