_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1539 1540 [1541] 1542 1543 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933741 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23100 on: January 23, 2014, 07:29:15 am »

((Stupid lack of ability to upload consciousness. ))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23101 on: January 23, 2014, 07:34:03 am »

((...

"What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machine, escalated into a war that has decimated a million worlds. The UWM and the ARM have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination..."))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23102 on: January 23, 2014, 09:33:04 am »

((Why is there a battle coming whilst I'm in a hospital bed? Worse, why doesn't this injury give me free upgrades?))
((You could maybe convince the Doctor to install a cybergut capable of turning food to pulp in mere seconds. Before being digested at the normal slow rate.))

((Ask Steve about being turned into a computer. He'd probably appreciate the new RAM.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23103 on: January 23, 2014, 10:18:18 am »

((Half the point of the "assimilate if they survive ten missions" thing was to weed out the stupid ones.  So Steve evidentally only wants smart brains.

Not the ones that immediately put their body in the hosptital, with no outside action.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23104 on: January 23, 2014, 10:21:31 am »

((Precisely. Wipe the brain, add to RAM. Or maybe ROM would be better-suited for that?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23105 on: January 23, 2014, 10:29:06 am »

((If it's empty and read-only, what's the point? :P))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23106 on: January 23, 2014, 10:34:41 am »

((What do you call the bit of the computer that actually stores stuff? I thought that was ROM, and the processing stuff was RAM.
What does ROM stand for, anyways? I know RAM is Random Access Memory...))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23107 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:03 am »

((ROM is Read-Only Memory. It was used way back in the days of console cartridges. Used nowadays in stuff like basic BIOS and similar microchips. The bit of the computer for actually storing stuff that's not in immediate use is currently just called "storage memory", or "data storage", regardless of what the method of such storage actually is.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23108 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:39 am »

((Oh. Good to know so I don't make a fool of myself when someone cares about that stuff.))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23109 on: January 23, 2014, 10:57:01 am »

"What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machine, escalated into a war that has decimated a million worlds. The UWM and the ARM have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination..."))

((Oh you.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23110 on: January 23, 2014, 10:57:33 am »

((Also, the quality of the brain obviously matters.  If even a stupid brain were useful, why would Steve go through the effort of weeding out stupid brains in the HMRC, instead of just cloning a million sod brains and using those?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23111 on: January 23, 2014, 10:58:06 am »

((Dunno. I was making a joke anyways.))
Sig

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23112 on: January 23, 2014, 12:43:54 pm »

Quote from: Pancaek -> Armory Master
I see, I shall do my utmost to further train my willpower.

In the meantime, please teach me your secrets and techniques, so that I may better be able to defend this planet and my comrades from the UWM onslaught.

Love and huggles,
Your faithful servant,

Pancaek

Send mail to AM, follow instructions.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23113 on: January 23, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »

--Gateway timeouts and doubleposts--
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:46:47 pm by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23114 on: January 23, 2014, 02:06:09 pm »

Hmm. Connect with Bishop/Grate/Anton. Observe "custom fusion warheads"
Look into ways to produce fusion effects in the field, from commonly available resources. Hydrogen/Helium are reasonably common after all.
Will need a warhead to contain them however. Look into possibility of Matter Conversion Automanip. Does it exist? What does it cost? Could it be programmed to turn common materials into contained fusion warheads?

The universal amp and matter manipulation manip can fuck around with matter and convert it. But using one would require a great deal of mental fortitude and skill. As per automating one, it's possible but more expensive then just building a standard fusion bomb. As per what th fusion bombs look like, well they're basically the same as modern ones, just more tuned, miniaturized and cleaner.

Check internet for most shocking articles of the past 12 or so hours. Peep them headlines. Look at them schlocky Top 10s, 11s, 8s and 5s.

The only really relevant one is that someone is bemoaning governmental spending with the fact that apparently Hephaestus' entire protection detail of ships  was sent on a wild goose chase and is just now on their way back from it.

Top 10's? Top ten worst Magistars (Please do not shoot me)?

Wake up.
You wake up. In the infirmary. Again.

You turn to the dialysis machine and say "We've gotta stop meeting like this, baby."

"battle?"
ask, follow any given orders

>Yeah, the people we stole this planet from are gonna come try and take it back. So we're gonna have to shoot em. It's a fairly simple series of events.

Wait until my stomach is fixed.

Well, you're in the infirmary, getting your stomach repaired. What can a man do while laying , drugged and confused on a hospital bed?

Hmm. Are you signed up for a spot in the defense forces with Miyamoto?

((What defense force? Did I potato or something?))
Your stomach is now fixed. Future medical tech is cool eh?

Also yeah, battle coming up. Talk to Radiocontrolled about getting a spot in it.

>Hit on any attractive female medical staff whilst I'm in the infirmary.

>Ask them if they'd like to chat with my rifle.

>Actually, ask if they have any pills to spare. Complain of terrible headaches.

"Yes, it really is a splitting pain, right here... can't focus on anything, you know? I believe some form of medication would most certainly make me more of an asset to the cause."
They give you a few pain killers for your totally not made up pain problems, ya junkie.

Saint raises an eyebrow as he listens to the doctor.

"Coming conflict?  I seem to be dearly uninformed.  Would you mind telling me about that?  It must be serious if they're having doctors fight.  Also, will this infirmary be providing medical supplies during the fight?"

Saint then idly watches Jobasio beg nurses for pills.

"Do all the... 'recruits' act like this?  They seem more like children than soldiers."

Tok to tha Dok.
"Not my business. Talk to the one in the Avatar, or to Steve. The nurses will be on hand in the base, no doubt, but this infirmary shall be closed. As will the entire ship."

"Not all. But some. "

((Nice going, guess I'll stick to the reserve.

Guess I'll get my last post in for the night. Here's hoping I won't wake up tomorrow to discover this only seemed a good idea tonight.))

"Yeah, it sounds like he was one of the good guys." he remarks without adding much to the conversation. He has already noticed the fact the AM's "way of speaking" seems to change depending on what they are talking about and the topic just now certainly seems to be one of the few that stirs her; it's either that or the fact he's unused to people using the word "untenable".

Milno takes off his helmet and puts it under an arm, taking a moment to scratch his nose with his left hand's mechanic fingers - without tearing it off by accident. He could swear his own skin was tanned before prison, one of the things lost since he had been caught until now. "You didn't follow his example and chose to avoid being idealistic while leading, and I suppose you got better results from that since you're alive."

Snarking is out of question. "Since we'll stay here quite a while organizing this whole defense plan and I'm not sure I'll be that needed, I'll keep coming to talk to you." Things sure seem a bit strange, with the original Bastards disintegrating. It's almost like years have passed since that name was suggested for that group of veterans that had just completed their first mission together. "That okay?"

Keep talking.
"Of course" She says with a smile.

Quote from: Pancaek -> Armory Master
I see, I shall do my utmost to further train my willpower.

In the meantime, please teach me your secrets and techniques, so that I may better be able to defend this planet and my comrades from the UWM onslaught.

Love and huggles,
Your faithful servant,

Pancaek

Send mail to AM, follow instructions.
Using amps isn't about techniques. It's not a martial art, it's not about learning to kick in a certain way until it's engrained in your muscle memory. It is about tactics, about ideas, methods to understand and apply to each action. The first is to be lazy. Think about what that means and get back to me.

Pages: 1 ... 1539 1540 [1541] 1542 1543 ... 2101