_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934953 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23085 on: January 22, 2014, 03:02:56 pm »

How large is the automated manipulator? Do sizes vary between different types?

How large was a regular manipulator, by the way? Do their sizes tend to vary?

Also, check if I can access the Internet from here.

Depends on how powerful and long lasting it is.  No, just different levels of force or influence.

Nah, they're all about the size of a pipboy.

You can.

Miyamoto went from faceless no one to Avatar of war Pilot in like 3-4 missions.
((Isn't he still faceless?))

"Hi, Mr. Ant and Mr. Bishop! Can I help?"
Attempt to join Anton and Bishop's VR session. And help.
Well, he did lose most of his face during an off mission incident and got i replaced with a metal head, so sort of.

You attempt to join anton and Bishop's Vr session. Assuming they don't immediately kick you out for your childness, then go nuts, I guess.

Wait for things to happen, respond appropriately.

Well, you're in the infirmary, getting your stomach repaired. What can a man do while laying , drugged and confused on a hospital bed?

Hmm. Are you signed up for a spot in the defense forces with Miyamoto?

ALSO BOOT UP TINKER!

Pull up the schematics for a Fission Instigator, examine the payload and delivery mechanisms especially

((My current idea is to try and make the Fission Instigator live up to its name. Right now its basically just a nuke launcher. I want to make it into a "turn anything with an atomic structure into a potential mushroom cloud"))
Actually it uses an auto manip to literally create a miniature star wherever it is pointed. So no, it's a bit more then a nuke.

Saint withdrew his hand as his face took on a more serious look.

"What should I call you then?  And I don't need anything in particular; I'm only looking around.  Although, I was a doctor's assistant before coming here, so I could help out if you need more manpower to deal with-"

Saint pauses for a moment as he watches a man drag a swearing man covered in food past him.

"...These people."

Converse with the Doc.

"Most people call me The Doctor. Not that it matters. For now, no help is needed. But in the coming conflict you may assist the injured as best you can. I'm afraid this infirmary will be closed at the time. I'll be protecting the ship."

"Sure, I can deal with that. Must be quite the secret anyway." Milno answers.

Listen to the story.

"I came here rather young, along with my father and a lot of other people I knew. I can't tell you the specifics but we weren't being handled like you all were. Were were being dumped into the HMRC in bulk; culled as a group from a particular place and all thrown in together. Those days, you didn't really get to chose weapons or suits. You got a mk I and a rifle and that was it. Sometimes they would chose people out of the masses to get better weapons or implants. I just happened to be one.

My father was an old man, so his death wasn't a surprise to me. I was ready for it and so was he. Such things weren't new to us. The one I wasn't expecting was our team leader. I didn't know him from before, but he was one of those hopelessly heroic types. The kind that seem to think they'll never get hurt, and the world seems to believe it. He went 8 missions without a scratch, saved several people, threw himself into harms way, but always came out unhurt. And on his 9th mission he died. Nothing dramatic; he just caught some shrapnel in the head and it was done.

He was an idiot. He got people killed because they tried to act like him and their luck didn't last as long.  And I miss him like I miss the plastic glow in the dark stars I had on my bedroom ceiling as a kid. There is nostalgia for the innocence tied up in his memory, for the foolish hopes that he embodied. For the simple, untenable goodness he had."

"now that I think of it the only thing that would be at all useful to me right now would be an exo-suit strong enough to let me hold my mining laser could that be arranged? or even just a hover mounting..."
ask, stand by the wall of the briefing room absolutely motionless and focus entirely on any available radio or audio traffic I can pick up/hear make note of anything interesting and if any calls for help are heard forward them to steve.

>Hmm. We can look into that for you, at least for the coming battle.

((Doesn't fission of iron also take more energy than it releases?))
((Indeed, which is why nobody does it. :) ))
Post ferric suns do it! And I'm sure it goes great for them oh god

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23086 on: January 22, 2014, 03:16:13 pm »

((Now, to make sure Pw doesn’t have to dig through any threads to find the stuff we wanna build, I’lm going to play accountant again and keep tally of what we want, how much it’ll all cost and how much budget we have left. This is how we’ll do it:

You guys ask PW how much something costs when you have an idea for something, then propose  it in the combat thread. Then I’ll keep track of how many people vote against or in favor, and either dismiss it or add it. I’ll voice my opinion, but I won’t count my own vote. However, if there’s an even divide between things then I’m just gonna pick something and that’ll be it. OOC reason to keep things moving and make sure we get to the fun parts faster, IC we can say it’s Miyamoto putting his foot down and being a horrible tyrant again.
If your project has several possible options (e.g. shuttles could be armed with several possible weapons) be sure to figure that out before you propose it, if possible.

Only projects posted in the combat thread will be counted, to keep everything in one place and ‘cause I’m a lazy bum.

Everyone agree with this?))

Newbies who act silly sorta end up that way.  Sooner or later you were gonna get a bad roll.  Once you actually get stuff to do and participate, then things will get better for ya. Miyamoto went from faceless no one to Avatar of war Pilot in like 3-4 missions.
((Grmblgrmblgoddamncarthwheelgrmbl))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:18:11 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23087 on: January 22, 2014, 03:55:00 pm »

Wave virtual hand in front of Mr. Anton and Mr. Bishop's virtual faces.
"Hello?"

If they don't respond or tell me what they're doing or something, start up another window with the Mission Replay thing. Mission 1, pretty much like it was except that I'm there.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23088 on: January 22, 2014, 04:20:08 pm »

Wave virtual hand in front of Mr. Anton and Mr. Bishop's virtual faces.
"Hello?"

If they don't respond or tell me what they're doing or something, start up another window with the Mission Replay thing. Mission 1, pretty much like it was except that I'm there.
((I'm pretty sure that despite technically being on the Sword, the both of us are still pretty firmly in the Survey thread.))

"Hel...lo. Grate? Weren't you... dead? I mean, actually dead? Admittedly I kinda lost track of events after you blew up, but... uh, speaking of blown up, I'm kind of testing custom fusion warheads here. Might want to cover your eyes."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23089 on: January 22, 2014, 04:46:50 pm »

Hmm. Connect with Bishop/Grate/Anton. Observe "custom fusion warheads"
Look into ways to produce fusion effects in the field, from commonly available resources. Hydrogen/Helium are reasonably common after all.
Will need a warhead to contain them however. Look into possibility of Matter Conversion Automanip. Does it exist? What does it cost? Could it be programmed to turn common materials into contained fusion warheads?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23090 on: January 22, 2014, 04:49:14 pm »

Check internet for most shocking articles of the past 12 or so hours. Peep them headlines. Look at them schlocky Top 10s, 11s, 8s and 5s.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23091 on: January 22, 2014, 05:57:26 pm »

"battle?"
ask, follow any given orders
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23092 on: January 22, 2014, 06:43:20 pm »

Wake up.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23093 on: January 22, 2014, 07:56:36 pm »

Wait until my stomach is fixed.

Well, you're in the infirmary, getting your stomach repaired. What can a man do while laying , drugged and confused on a hospital bed?

Hmm. Are you signed up for a spot in the defense forces with Miyamoto?

((What defense force? Did I potato or something?))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:00:42 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23094 on: January 22, 2014, 08:00:49 pm »

>Hit on any attractive female medical staff whilst I'm in the infirmary.

>Ask them if they'd like to chat with my rifle.

>Actually, ask if they have any pills to spare. Complain of terrible headaches.

"Yes, it really is a splitting pain, right here... can't focus on anything, you know? I believe some form of medication would most certainly make me more of an asset to the cause."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:59:28 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23095 on: January 22, 2014, 11:38:42 pm »

Saint raises an eyebrow as he listens to the doctor.

"Coming conflict?  I seem to be dearly uninformed.  Would you mind telling me about that?  It must be serious if they're having doctors fight.  Also, will this infirmary be providing medical supplies during the fight?"

Saint then idly watches Jobasio beg nurses for pills.

"Do all the... 'recruits' act like this?  They seem more like children than soldiers."

Tok to tha Dok.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23096 on: January 23, 2014, 01:56:36 am »

((Nice going, guess I'll stick to the reserve.

Guess I'll get my last post in for the night. Here's hoping I won't wake up tomorrow to discover this only seemed a good idea tonight.))

"Yeah, it sounds like he was one of the good guys." he remarks without adding much to the conversation. He has already noticed the fact the AM's "way of speaking" seems to change depending on what they are talking about and the topic just now certainly seems to be one of the few that stirs her; it's either that or the fact he's unused to people using the word "untenable".

Milno takes off his helmet and puts it under an arm, taking a moment to scratch his nose with his left hand's mechanic fingers - without tearing it off by accident. He could swear his own skin was tanned before prison, one of the things lost since he had been caught until now. "You didn't follow his example and chose to avoid being idealistic while leading, and I suppose you got better results from that since you're alive."

Snarking is out of question. "Since we'll stay here quite a while organizing this whole defense plan and I'm not sure I'll be that needed, I'll keep coming to talk to you." Things sure seem a bit strange, with the original Bastards disintegrating. It's almost like years have passed since that name was suggested for that group of veterans that had just completed their first mission together. "That okay?"

Keep talking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23097 on: January 23, 2014, 05:16:48 am »

((Why is there a battle coming whilst I'm in a hospital bed? Worse, why doesn't this injury give me free upgrades?))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23098 on: January 23, 2014, 05:21:15 am »

((I don't think 'strenuously failing to force vomit' is quite on the same level as 'having half your body blown off and replaced with cyborg parts', dude. :P I didn't get a bonus for launching myself into space like a dumbass, either, and my last character lost a bunch of stat points after OD'ing himself to death. Alas.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23099 on: January 23, 2014, 06:43:45 am »

((Why is there a battle coming whilst I'm in a hospital bed? Worse, why doesn't this injury give me free upgrades?))

((The battle was coming anyways. And if you wanted robotizing, you should've tried  self-amputation.

Of your head.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 2101