_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929506 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22305 on: December 29, 2013, 02:59:30 pm »

(( Hmm... I see, PW. Interesting. And since now is apparently the last day of paranoia, I'll repeat my question: Would you like us to repost for monday? ))
Nah, I'll get em.

((Objectively, how much time has passed since the first mission?))
About 150 years, all together. It's nothing really secret though.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22306 on: December 29, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »

((Sorry I haven't been on, spotty connection due to snow here, might last for the next week or so :/. Definately B tho. Sounds awesome.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22307 on: December 29, 2013, 03:17:21 pm »

Marcius glances to the man, a slight smile on his lips, but his mirth not touching his eyes.

"It seems we both have had experience with... Cowards... I hope we both have a chance to reach our revenge. I will take your advice to heart, but any chance I have, I WILL take it."

((Syvaris, just be very careful not to let Marcius onto your 'murders' :P. He is fast to make friends, and is very loyal and honest. But if you betray him in any way, he will be a sworn enemy.

Edit: ((I would love to do B because we are already, in a sense, doing A and/or C. With the futuristic, management perspective. I would love to have the crafting and survival aspects. Resort to the basics :P))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:20:01 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22308 on: December 29, 2013, 03:26:07 pm »

((Back again, and merry holidays that might be celebrated in your countries this time of the year!  :)
Still catching up with the discussion and what's going on, but I'm always happy to cooperate with GM for the Fun of all.))

So, I'm not staying behind. And the peaceful life I longed for?.. Have I really forsaken it?
... "I'm not coming back", huh? Guess it is finally the time to check that thing out.

Suit up, move to the airlock and open the mysterious box I got from Nyars.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22309 on: December 29, 2013, 03:28:16 pm »

I have a minor question!

Has the sword gotten any new stasis-inmates since mission six, possibly at Hephaestus?  Would it be possible that some of the most recent inmates know of... incidents that vets have caused, like China-9?

I'm thinking the UWM probably spinned that as an attack by the rebels.

As to the A/B/C thing, I'm neutral.  I'd prefer the game described in my sig, or Airship combat. :P

Prepostedit:

Steve simply nods, matching Marcius' smile, then continues along.

((Oh, I know.  I'm intending to go full manipulative sociopath with this guy, 'cause it's fun.  And Steve's fully aware of those traits, and is very happy he met you early :P.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22310 on: December 29, 2013, 03:43:45 pm »

I have a minor question!

Has the sword gotten any new stasis-inmates since mission six, possibly at Hephaestus?  Would it be possible that some of the most recent inmates know of... incidents that vets have caused, like China-9?

I'm thinking the UWM probably spinned that as an attack by the rebels.

As to the A/B/C thing, I'm neutral.  I'd prefer the game described in my sig, or Airship combat. :P

The sword hasn't gotten new stasis'd inmates since before the game began, universe wise.

Also yeah, I sure do have a lot of games in my "Other games" folder. And I keep hopping between them all. Doing perplexicon elements makes me want to jump back to Poison, which makes me want to go back to Mainspring's world building (and continue ignoring the damn mechanics), which makes me want to work on something completely new and...buh.\

I'm addicted to Homebrewing. Send help.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:45:17 pm by piecewise »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22311 on: December 29, 2013, 04:29:03 pm »

Ahh, I guess I'll go edit one statement then...

I'll bet this has been asked before and that I know the answer, but have you considered letting other people work on the bits you don't want to work on?  Like Mainspring's mechanics?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22312 on: December 29, 2013, 04:37:15 pm »

Ahh, I guess I'll go edit one statement then...

I'll bet this has been asked before and that I know the answer, but have you considered letting other people work on the bits you don't want to work on?  Like Mainspring's mechanics?
If they wanted to, I suppose. I'm not against having people help me with crap, as long as they realize that I might reject stuff if I don't think it fits. Thats why I've been asking people for input on perplexicon, really.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22313 on: December 29, 2013, 07:55:28 pm »

((The Nyars box PW is probably referring to is a little box sealed with tape, with "I'm not coming back" written on the tape. And yes, it's a golden triangle with a vertical line. I've got a spreadsheet of all of the Nyars boxes bought and used. Flint's got an unopened one too, I think. It's not in 'Idiots in Space', though.))
((Nope, never bought that one. Decided it was safer to pay my debts than to buy 7 tokens worth of unstable space magic weaponry.

Although, now that I think about it, Flint is all about taking stupid risks that can lead to huge benefits. So not buying that is out of character.

If my 9 tokens aren't needed for next mission, I might just take a gamble in the Nyars roulette. A big red hexagon.
If it ends up being an Exotic weapon, something like the pyramid's big brother, I can sell it to Mesk or Pancaek or some other Exotic weapon user.

Unless I get something that fuses with my body. That would be hard to sell. And inconvenient.
Or maybe I get something sentient that follows me around. Or a cloud of machines. Or something that feeds off my body or mind. Or something that makes me a constant danger to anyone around me. Or something that takes lots of messing around to work. Or something that works under very specific circumstances. Or something that is very dangerous to use, maybe it gives off a lot of heat when firing or maybe it has suicidal kickback. Or something that isn't reusable, like a Holy Hand Grenade. Or worse, an alien antimatter/manipulator bomb. Push the button->Paracelsus' Sword or Planet disappears. Or-

I'm starting to remember why I didn't buy a Nyars box...))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:57:49 pm by Parisbre56 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22314 on: December 29, 2013, 08:02:40 pm »

((Back again, and merry holidays that might be celebrated in your countries this time of the year!  :)
Still catching up with the discussion and what's going on, but I'm always happy to cooperate with GM for the Fun of all.))

So, I'm not staying behind. And the peaceful life I longed for?.. Have I really forsaken it?
... "I'm not coming back", huh? Guess it is finally the time to check that thing out.

Suit up, move to the airlock and open the mysterious box I got from Nyars.
((Can you please open that away from the ship?! Please!

Sorry, it's just that the box sounds like a last resort weapon to me.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22315 on: December 29, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »

Annoying answer. Although...what makes something "technically" human? DNA? Thoughts? Organs?
That was my thought. Though, by those criteria:

No, Hard to say, No.
...Okay, that was quite possibly the most disturbing response you could have given.
(( Makes perfect sense to me, though I may think about these things too much :P ))
((Oh, I understood it, I just don't like the implications...))

piecewise: Since you're still answering questions it seems...
1. How many other (former) HMRC ships are there?
2. Are there any other organizations similar to the HMRC, in that they're staffed with unsavory folks and sent on various kinds of dangerous missions, or did the Hazardous Material Recovery Corps become the UWM's general-purpose...what's the right term..."Very Special Forces Unit"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22316 on: December 29, 2013, 09:09:28 pm »

Annoying answer. Although...what makes something "technically" human? DNA? Thoughts? Organs?
That was my thought. Though, by those criteria:

No, Hard to say, No.
...Okay, that was quite possibly the most disturbing response you could have given.
(( Makes perfect sense to me, though I may think about these things too much :P ))
((Oh, I understood it, I just don't like the implications...))

piecewise: Since you're still answering questions it seems...
1. How many other (former) HMRC ships are there?
2. Are there any other organizations similar to the HMRC, in that they're staffed with unsavory folks and sent on various kinds of dangerous missions, or did the Hazardous Material Recovery Corps become the UWM's general-purpose...what's the right term..."Very Special Forces Unit"?
1.Couple dozen. Not all the same size.

2.Welp, there are a few penal colonies, some use of convict labor in dangerous locations, as test subjects, etc. Nothing terribly big in terms of organizations though. Steve was more then happy to grab up everyone he could, if only for the extra meat shields.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22317 on: December 29, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »

Is the Sword the biggest of them?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22318 on: December 29, 2013, 10:00:05 pm »

How big is Steve, physically (In terms of neural matter mass)?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22319 on: December 29, 2013, 10:58:12 pm »

Is the Sword the biggest of them?
There are two others as big as it. But yes, it's the biggest class of ship we've got.

How big is Steve, physically (In terms of neural matter mass)?
Ooo, now that would be telling, wouldn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 2101