_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930354 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22170 on: December 25, 2013, 09:58:39 pm »

((Totally. I wonder what the plot would be. Maybe Cauldron hoping some of the tech on the Sword would help them beat you-know-what?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22171 on: December 26, 2013, 12:36:09 am »

"My name, sir, is Marcius. I hail from a planet greatly away from here. And the men I speak of are the same that had imprisoned you here. They killed my family and extinguished our way of life, because we did not bow to them..."

Marcius shakes his head in disbelief, as if still cannot believe that his previous life had ended so abruptly.

"I call them cowards, because they did not have the stomach to see the enemy they were fighting. They bombarded our countries and used weaponry that could turn our men into stone.

And now that you know my tale, pray tell, what is yours?"
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 12:38:09 am by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22172 on: December 26, 2013, 12:39:55 am »

((Merry X-mas everyone))

Go to Steve. Ask about what can Renen do.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22173 on: December 26, 2013, 07:45:12 am »

((@BFEL

A few thoughts on your idea there- One, you seem to have fallen prey to one of the oldest tinker traps; trying to fit everything into a small package.  Really, if you get all those features exactly as described, the weapon is going to cover the user's whole forearm at best.

Plus, if you want gauss anything, you'll need magnetic parts.  And magnetic parts are really easy to detect.  Of course, what with automanips and whatnot everything might be easy to detect.  So it should probably be designed for situations like the one Joker was in- no scanners, just sods.

I do like the dart launcher idea though.  That would be exceptionally useful on stealth missions, especially if you can figure out some way to make the darts painless.))
((Well it was actually PLANNED to cover the entire arm. I did describe it as a "sleeve" :P

Hmm...it does disturb me about the easy to detect thing....I want it to be useful for just about any conceivable stealth mission, not just relying on there being "just sods" there. Also what is the problem with the automanips? What makes those easy to detect?

As for the dart thing that's the idea. Maybe the tip is coated in some high powered localized painkiller? And they are designed to disintegrate in atmosphere as well, with the idea being they are kept in a vacuum sealed canister or somesuch, then get fired, deliver their payload and become untraceable due to disintegrating :P
I wonder if the darts themselves are worth being called a separate tinker project?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22174 on: December 26, 2013, 07:56:39 am »

((@BFEL

A few thoughts on your idea there- One, you seem to have fallen prey to one of the oldest tinker traps; trying to fit everything into a small package.  Really, if you get all those features exactly as described, the weapon is going to cover the user's whole forearm at best.

Plus, if you want gauss anything, you'll need magnetic parts.  And magnetic parts are really easy to detect.  Of course, what with automanips and whatnot everything might be easy to detect.  So it should probably be designed for situations like the one Joker was in- no scanners, just sods.

I do like the dart launcher idea though.  That would be exceptionally useful on stealth missions, especially if you can figure out some way to make the darts painless.))
((Well it was actually PLANNED to cover the entire arm. I did describe it as a "sleeve" :P

Hmm...it does disturb me about the easy to detect thing....I want it to be useful for just about any conceivable stealth mission, not just relying on there being "just sods" there. Also what is the problem with the automanips? What makes those easy to detect?

As for the dart thing that's the idea. Maybe the tip is coated in some high powered localized painkiller? And they are designed to disintegrate in atmosphere as well, with the idea being they are kept in a vacuum sealed canister or somesuch, then get fired, deliver their payload and become untraceable due to disintegrating :P
I wonder if the darts themselves are worth being called a separate tinker project?))
((I'd give you a suggestion, but it'd compromise my own idea. :P

I can give a different idea though.

Basically, you can't make it undetectable considering even the hand laser, a tiny glove-mounted laser pistol, is easily detectable, since it's metal - and anything capable of launching a piece of metal is going to be a problem to conceal, since the most minute exposure to a magnetic amp is going to rip the whole thing clear off its concealed mountings.

Now, consider what you actually want. A system to launch dissolving poison darts, penetrating and slashing projectiles, and a grappling hook, all concealed as to be conventionally undetectable.

Is it just me, or does that really sound less like a job for a tinker... and more like a job for a Doktor?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22175 on: December 26, 2013, 09:11:36 am »

((Xan could probably do it easily enough, some sort of blowdart tube in his tongue and a self spooling silk dragline with a triclaw attached.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22176 on: December 26, 2013, 09:13:23 am »

((Hell, I could do it on the same structure. Maybe make gloves or something.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22177 on: December 26, 2013, 09:15:11 am »

((So what's happening? There been another update?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22178 on: December 26, 2013, 09:21:18 am »

((PW's on holidays for now and giving us trivia.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22179 on: December 26, 2013, 09:23:30 am »

((Awesome.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22180 on: December 26, 2013, 12:54:59 pm »

As Steve listens to Marcius, his smile gradually fades.  After Marcius finishes, Steve grabs his shoulder and turns the man to face him.  Then he spoke, his voice and face equally hard and serious.

"You're from a lost world then.  You fought the UWM.  They are a tyranny, but you underestimate their size and power- the UWM controls a thousand-thousand worlds, and have an army the size of which you can't comprehend.  The force that conquered your world was, at most, an expeditionary force; a fraction of a fraction of their power."

With that, Steve's face softened and he released Marcius' shoulder.

"I am no fan of the UWM -quite the opposite, really- but attacking the first one of them you see is going to accomplish nothing but getting you killed.  There are somewhat effective rebel groups you could join, where you might make a difference, but you need to survive this facility first.  So please, when we find someone, let me do the talking.  A certain amount of tact is required in situations like this."

Spoiler: @BFEL (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22181 on: December 26, 2013, 01:15:50 pm »

((It should perhaps be noted that Steve is a GMPC, meaning that he's expressly controlled by Piecewise. Any actions you think he might do, anything you think he might say, would have to be run by PW first.

This is besides the fact that this isn't freeform RP and NPC actions can't be dictated by players.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #22182 on: December 26, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »

((It should perhaps be noted that Steve is a GMPC, meaning that he's expressly controlled by Piecewise. Any actions you think he might do, anything you think he might say, would have to be run by PW first.

This is besides the fact that this isn't freeform RP and NPC actions can't be dictated by players.))
((syvarris' character is also named Steve. Perhaps not the best idea given the possible confusion, but it's a more plausible name than, say, Gorat (which  really only exists for the obscure reference).))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22183 on: December 26, 2013, 01:44:25 pm »

((syvarris' character is also named Steve. Perhaps not the best idea given the possible confusion, but it's a more plausible name than, say, Gorat (which  really only exists for the obscure reference).))
((Ah, alright. My mistake then. Though really, he should adopt a callsign or nickname. There should be only one "Steve". Creates confusion.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22184 on: December 26, 2013, 01:45:33 pm »

((Someone made a character named Steve.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 2101