_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1359 1360 [1361] 1362 1363 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939056 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20400 on: November 29, 2013, 11:59:03 am »

"Yeah, nay to keeping HMRC. They have a point. We're known as a group of murderers and psychopaths, and... it's not too inaccurate. We need a new name."

((Yeah, *all* Denzel did was kill almost everyone in an office building in one giant rampage.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20401 on: November 29, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »

Steve raises an eyebrow as he watches the cacophony of Yea's and Nays.

>I might be wrong, but it looks like we have a tie. Or at least it was extremely close.  Hmm. Well lets think about this rationally. We are a force of men and women who have otherwise been discarded by their masters, rising up to remake society in a way that such things won't happen again. Now, we're against the United Worlds Of Man, a name that implies a very wide reaching size and power. We should have something that is equally grandiose, to make it seem like we are two equal powers. And it would be a bonus if the Acronym was catchy.

I believe Allied Revolutionary Movement or something similar that shortened To ARM was suggested, That might work. The Wanted Nails sounds a bit more like a band name then the name of a revolution. Or, if we want to go old school, we can name it after a color or a time, like they did in russia, during their many revolutions.

Also, who said "Ogre"? Because you better Shrek yourself before you wreck yourself.

Lars looks at Grate with a smile.  "There you go, son, that's a good idea..."
"...I was joking."

"Ahem. So, with HMRC nominally staying here, since I did overhear a bit of Steve intending leave some administration behind, whatever it is that goes out to fight the UWM must have a different name. If we're just naming the fighting force, OGRE works - we're strong, we're feared, we're not known for being subtle or employing smart tactics (and let it stay that way), but despite that we're a pretty complex thing. You could even say layered. Like an onion."
"Or a cake. Cakes have layers."

"It works as an acronym. We could work from there. A "Republic of Man", or "Mankind", but I can't think of what to use for the "A". Thoughts?"
"Awesome? Armed? Angry? Annoyed? Awesome? Did I say that already?"

Hop down out of Jim's arms, go around the Pony Predator lying on the floor, and poke Grate with my right forepaw.
((The what?))
"Hi, Lyra!"

Quote from: Several People
"Aren't you dead?"
"How are you still alive?"
"[I was?/I don't know.] I guess I came back to life like Miss Feyri did. Except I'm not a robot...What happened, anyway? I remember getting hit with a rock, and then some weird stuff, but...I'm not sure what happened."
Try to remember what I saw and whatnot before waking up.

((Oh, look, GMninja'd.))

-snip-
Grate nods.
"I don't care that much about the name. What will we be doing next?"

You see nothing. Nothing.

"I have already made my opinion pretty clear, but just for clarity I officially vote NAY. We rreaaaly don't need the stigma that the HMRC carries with it, it'll be hard enough already without that."
Miyamoto's team had a bit more trouble then the others and a lot more property damage, but considering the circumstances I can't really blame them.

Now, after we get this name thing worked out, we can start the planning for the next step in this war.
"Yeah well, in our defense, we did encounter the most resistance out of all the teams. Hell, we probably took out more sods and UE's then the other squads combined! But, lesson learned: better distribute firepower next time.

Wait, are we going to be part of the planning? Sweet."

(So, current balance for the reward fund is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
@ Kisame: how much of the mission fund ammo left?
Sorry, but you guys will probably have to wait a day or two more before you get your tokens, depending on how fast SC, Cael, pw and me can work this out.
The way we'll do this: all the stuff from the mission fund gets returned and added to the fund. The other loot will be rated for their token worth, and that amount will be added to the pool. Then, people can decide if they want their payment in tokens, or in an equal amount worth of gear (or a combination of the two, of course).

@ PieceWise: could you please, for each item on the following list, tell us how many tokens we'd get if we returned these to the AM?
Also, in the beginning of the mission, you said that 'bonuses ' could be awarded, will this be the case? And will these be awarded to individuals, or rather extra tokens for the reward fund?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh god I hope I got everything now, darn if this isn't annoying. What am I, an accountant?))

((@ SC: just in case you hadn't noticed yet, check your inbox please.))

Basically, if it's not damaged, full return for whatever price you bought it for. If it is damaged, half price.

As per Joker team, I think it might be best to just pay them the standard 5, since their gear isn't worth 5 each.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20402 on: November 29, 2013, 12:17:31 pm »

"ARM sounds good."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20403 on: November 29, 2013, 12:41:43 pm »

"Allied Revolutionary Movement? That's even better than what I came up with. Supporting that one, definitely."

Vote ARM. Practice applying the autopilot OS to a nearby non-intelligent or willing robotic device.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20404 on: November 29, 2013, 12:54:08 pm »

Stacy, feeling the argument fever pass as quickly as it came, returns to acceptance of whatever reasonable authority figures tell him.

"Yeah, let's go with ARM. It's way catchier and easier to pronounce than UWM. Compare 'arm' to 'uwum', and you will find that the latter sounds like a deaf baby's rendition of the former. Most acceptable! And we can just adopt the catchy acronym and not even provide any official interpretation of the letters. 'What is ARM?' Little Jimmy may ask, and we can answer 'ARM, like life, is what you make of it, my son!' I can see the propaganda videos already."

"Say, Steve, what's your stance on a First Church of Our Most Holy Steve? How many people know you go by Steve? How many of them are your friends?"

Vote! Ask Steve!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20405 on: November 29, 2013, 01:15:17 pm »

"Allied Revolutionary Movement sound good to me, and ARM is nice and simple to remember which is only good in my book." Bishop adds, nodding in approval.

"So what's next to do? Anything interesting?"

Vote Yes for ARM. Ask Steve for upcoming events.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20406 on: November 29, 2013, 01:34:16 pm »

Mesk shrugs.  "Sure, I won't complain about ARM.  I'm keeping my vote on the HMRC, though."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20407 on: November 29, 2013, 01:40:39 pm »

Won't complain about Arm, but I'd prefer a slightly more generic name.  Like say, the Orange Star Army.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20408 on: November 29, 2013, 01:41:36 pm »

ARM will be suitable.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20409 on: November 29, 2013, 01:56:46 pm »

"Sounds fair."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20410 on: November 29, 2013, 02:08:27 pm »

Won't complain about Arm, but I'd prefer a slightly more generic name.  Like say, the Orange Star Army.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20411 on: November 29, 2013, 02:11:08 pm »

((We could make it a recursive acronym. ARM = ARM's Revolutionary Movement))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:12:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20412 on: November 29, 2013, 02:39:32 pm »

((Propaganda poster: Slogan "To ARMs!" and a picture of Jim.

Although it'd be inaccurate. Hmm. "For ARM's Might"?))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:41:21 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20413 on: November 29, 2013, 02:48:19 pm »

((To ARMs, No! For ARMs, Yes!))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:50:20 pm by Devastator »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20414 on: November 29, 2013, 03:21:34 pm »

Gorat shrugs. "ARM works, I guess. We might be able to do better, but we also could do a lot worse. So, I guess we can get into ARM's way."

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 1359 1360 [1361] 1362 1363 ... 2101