_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937420 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19530 on: October 17, 2013, 12:49:16 am »

"SHNIK SHORBIT HABIATOL HOOBASTANK"
Feyri gripped the Gungnir hard, making it visible to show her intention; her finger was on the trigger. She was glad that Anton had made it durable enough to sustain a melee with the stock, but that was not her idea.

Lunatics. Depraved lunatics. Shout random words and ill-conceived vexes of the mind.
Kill him. Make it swift. Painless.
Stay your hand. He may be under influence.

But she didn't listen to that. Her arm was half-poised into the firing position until-
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/url]

You run crying to the ship and hide in the armory.
Feyri turned her head at the sound. Tears. Pain.

Sorrow? She could hear the scamper of footsteps, and deep inside her fears awoke.

"Grate! Wait, don't run, I-.." was all she managed to say before realizing the totality of what she had done. Her words came back in a torrent as the memory flashed back in a vivid nightmare.

She relaxed her grip, and nearly let the Gungnir fall out of her hands.

What was becoming of her?

"I'm..S-sorry"

Run.

Run anywhere. Anywhere away from the ship. Just run someplace wherein I won't hear any of these people. Even away from the ship-into open ground into somewhere concealed. I don't care at this point. Just anyplace not here.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #19531 on: October 17, 2013, 02:30:55 am »

"You know what? screw it, I'm opening this up, get out of the way!"
Move teal aside from the door (if necessary) and use the magnetic manipulator to rip the door open if that dosen't work heat an area about the size of a saucer but slightly larger and thinner within the door to ~2000 centigrade then enter ship if possible
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19532 on: October 17, 2013, 07:02:50 am »

Move teal aside from the door (if necessary) and use the magnetic manipulator to rip the door open if that dosen't work heat an area about the size of a saucer but slightly larger and thinner within the door to ~2000 centigrade then enter ship if possible
((You know you COULD just search for a piece of your attacker. Its bio-locked or whatever and he would conceivably have access, so you could just grab whatevers left of him and slap it against the door till it opened :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19533 on: October 17, 2013, 07:21:25 am »

((It's probably bio-locked to the Shadow Walker. The guy who was sniping you here very probably wasn't one.

Also no, I don't know anyone from Random.org. And I am in general disinclined to participate in, much less instigate, random orgies.))

"Crap. Am I getting interference from somewhere? I just made these things!"

Take one of the drones, make sure the modified OS is actually running. Then try again.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19534 on: October 17, 2013, 07:53:28 am »

((It's probably bio-locked to the Shadow Walker. The guy who was sniping you here very probably wasn't one.

Also no, I don't know anyone from Random.org. And I am in general disinclined to participate in, much less instigate, random orgies.))
((Pun intended?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19535 on: October 17, 2013, 07:56:49 am »

((More like random.orgy))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19536 on: October 17, 2013, 10:11:24 am »

Quote from: Rennen
No action posted
continue to lie around and wait
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19537 on: October 17, 2013, 03:39:47 pm »

((Isn't Ares the name of one of the megacorps in Shadowrun?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19538 on: October 17, 2013, 03:55:55 pm »

((Well, Ares gets a lot of references in science fiction.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19539 on: October 17, 2013, 03:59:08 pm »

((Natch, but it's what I think when seeing a giant computer thing made by Ares.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19540 on: October 17, 2013, 04:08:40 pm »

((You know when I first read it, I thought tiruin/feyri dropped the Gungnir, I was gonna pick it up and let someone out on the defense team use it till she got back from her moping :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19541 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:26 pm »

((Depending on how this goes, you may get totally broken Feyri on your ass still.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19542 on: October 17, 2013, 04:30:33 pm »

((Don't forget Feyri's boyfriend/all powerful wizard. Considering how many people have hurt her, he'll be handing around telekinetic wedgies for a while. Man, the universe hates that girl.))

Disclaimer: by universe, I mean luck, not piecewise. (since he sometimes call himself universe).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:32:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19543 on: October 17, 2013, 04:36:58 pm »

"Gah! Stop sending your drones at me, whoever does that stuff!" ((Via radio, of course))

Stand a good distance back from the blackship in cover, grabbing a buddy to stick with me just in case.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19544 on: October 17, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »

"Maybe you may love me too, oh, my darling, if you do... why haven't you told me?"

Wave menacingly with my single working arm. Hope somebody repairs me soon.
You wave as menacingly as a completely disabled robot can. Ie not very.

Unconscious, if he brings out that bomb again near us. He seems to keep taking it out, staring at it, then putting it away, makes me suspect he's being controlled and repeatedly fighting it off. That, or he's just that enamored with staring at the bomb.

Hey, whoever has those cam-eyes, you see anything in that ship?

Repair Stacy to the point that he can limp back to ship for repairs.

Then head over to our target ship and sweep for cameras.

[Aux:3+1]
You manage to, with the help of the advanced kit, reconnect and repair enough of Stacy's bullet ridden robo-corpse to allow him to stand up and even limp away.

"Hey Steve, the ship has a biosensor. What do?"

find so,sway to hack to keypad while waiting for Steve's response.
Hmm. So,sway is probably "Some Way"

[Aux:6+1]

You turn to the rest of the team.

"Good news, I believe I have just manged to bypass the lock. Bad news, I believe I basically just let anyone with a connection to the ship know that fact via ship board transmitter. Long story short, We better hurry the fuck up."

>Great.

((Who, me? Grate doesn't know Xan is dead and wouldn't really care. Xan left a bad impression with Grate...))
((What impression is STEPHEN HAWKING leaving with Grate? :P))
(("Annoying/Disturbing but harmless."))
What about Jack? For all the single minute he has met grate.
(("Who's Jack?"))

Quote from: piecewise
(Youtube video of Bolin crying)
((I don't suppose that those two were saying highly traumatizing and confusing things? Also where do you get these videos? And please don't just say Youtube.))

Grate, back at the ship, kicks a wall.
"Ow. That was dumb...almost as dumb as going out with Miss Feyri. What can I do? Glare them to death?"
He formalizes his wandering into a path for the dormitory.
"I'm useless. I can't do anything, unless maybe something gets broken and I need to fix it. And when something breaks...everything always breaks.

"Stupid omnicidal maniacs. Stupid out-of-control space magic stuff."

Before long, Grate reaches the dormitory. He sits on a bed, thinking.

What am I good at? What makes me not dead weight?
Well, I guess I could be a bullet sponge, but I'm not big or threatening enough for anyone to intentionally shoot at me when other people are around, so that's even stupider than it sounded a minute ago.
I guess I could use some kind of techy stuff...
Grate checks his pockets to see how many tokens he has. (I've forgotten, and I don't trust the Morons In Space doc to be up-to-date.)
"I could get what, a Scout Eye? Medicine? Maybe some better armor? There's tons of eyes already, and they're not that useful really. Medicine? I'm no medic. It's better than nothing, but I can't do anything. Especially when people get stabbed in the back with chunks of frozen air or exploded by their own magic sand or blown apart with layshow rifles or something. I guess I could take heads back, maybe get a monorazor, but Head Recovery Guy isn't very useful."

Grate lay on the bed for several minutes, thinking. Then his head turned towards his locker.

"...I could try that. But last time someone played with that, it made things...worse. I need to test it. And for that, I need subjects. Ideally pretty similar, to minimize error and stuff. And I don't think that the others would take a bunch of dangerous pills just to see what happens...maybe I should look into getting lab rats. Like, literal ones. Or maybe guinea pigs, those are cute. Pretty big, though, mice might be better. Lizards don't eat much, though."

"...Who am I kidding, I'll take what I can get."

Head to the AM and Doctor, figuring out the theoretical prices of rats, guinea pigs, mice, lizards, rabbits, zebrafish, octopi, fruit flies, or whatever lab animals are available on the Sword. See if I can figure out some sort of deal to get a bunch for free, or a lifetime supply for a few tokens, or something--maybe I promise the Doc I'll let him have my test subjects after I'm done with them?
See Paris' completely accurate explanation.

Superfucker

As per this strange desire to torture small animals, we tend to use people like you to test things around here. And we don't really carry rodents around in the ship. No real reason. However, you might be able to find something local  to the planet down on the surface. Hephaestus isn't the easiest place to live, but I'm sure there are some things that make their homes in the repair pits or deep mechanisms.

-Home Team-

"Steve, is there anything we can do beyond crouching here and pointing our weapons at the door?"

Ask. Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

>I suppose you could head down to the surface and double check the integrity of the cage. Make sure there are no explosives strapped to it, Sods tunneling in, that sort of thing. Or just check over the cage in general, or the outside of the hull. Just a general patrol.

"Interesting thought, but that could put us in a less defensible position, but if we can find one... Steve, do you know an easily-defended room from where we can help defend the gangway one flight up?"

Ask.
>Well, there's a office a little off to the left of the gangway. It's got a window view and only one Entrance. Thats probably your best bet.

Check the scout-eye to see if that nuke is still in the ground-floor room.
Teal's nuke? Nah, thats with Teal.

Charles delivers a speech directed to the Urban Executors and Shadows Walkers that are no undoubtedly somewhere. He attempts to demoralize and confuse them.
Out loud or over the radio?

"At the seeming mortality rate here, it seems a lot of that happens around here, thanks anyway, alright then what now Steve?"
follow Steves directions to wherever I need to go now

>Well, I brought you out of Stasis because one of our soldiers got himself shot in the throat. So your best bet is to head out to where he bit it. Just head across the gangway, turn right and then keep an eye out for a damaged robot singing showtunes. He'll give you directions as to where to head from there.

"Soooo. You got a name?"

Ask question. Aim rifle at the light, but do not fire.

((Hrmmm.))

You aim your rifle at the light. It's expanding quite quickly now; it fells as though you're falling through a dark abyss down towards a star. You can see the the harsh flicking edges and tongues of flame licking out into the dark.

"It's been so long since we've had a real studio audience! Let me give you the back stage tour!"

-Away Team-
((What would to happen if we were to just put Xantalous's head to his body? He doesn't have Mesk levels of regeneration, but he has some, right?))
((@Kriyealla, No problem. I'm starting to worry myself with all these will saves, so a non-meta reason to get this bomb out of my hands is great. I'm just REALLY glad they've all been high.))
((@Kisame: GET OUT. GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT! GET OUT!))

T. decides to leave Jon to supervise the hacking while he goes and helps the injured/dead. (Or at least attempts to)
Take Stacy, Fishboy and Fishboy's head back to the ship ((After attempting the reattachment thing)), taking as many trips as needed.
Xan isn't fishboy. Fishboy is a character who has since gone silent. I assume that Stacy, now capable of limping away, is taking Xan with him. And no, Xan is just a norm...well physically he has no special powers, at least.

Also, where do you get these videos? And please don't just say YouTube.
((He's a robot. He's constantly online, downloading data and sorting them to his database, among other things (like using his production facilities to manufacture idols of eldritch abominations for Cthulu's coming reign or conducting experiments in human intelligencestupidity tolerance to being tortured to cruel and unusual deaths and acceptance of the rule of AI overlords through forum games.) Whenever he needs something he just runs a search in his relational database. Fear piecewise, the robot GM. He will drown you under a torrent of YouTube videos, each one crazier than the other. Just search this thread for evidence if you don't believe me..))

@Tack:((I'm unsure if the UE screwed up your thoughts and scrambled your brains or if you were already kind of bananas for bombs and having such a powerful explosive near you pushed you over the edge.))

Those organochemistry amps aren't just about taking direct control. Subtle manipulation or gross destruction of tissue is also possible. Mesk got lucky.

back away from feyri slowly, then send apologetic message to grate:

Quote from: from: STEPHEN HAWKING, to: small child
Er...apologies small child. I'm not usually that creepy, but that robot was doing it and I thought it was a thing between this ships crew. Also, I believe you possess that pill machine. I personally suggest using Anti-pain or Anti-bleeding meds in it. Just a thought. SORRY.
You back up slowly, mumbling about inventing apologies and only wanting to help traumatize children in the most mathematically sound fashion.

"SHNIK SHORBIT HABIATOL HOOBASTANK"
Feyri gripped the Gungnir hard, making it visible to show her intention; her finger was on the trigger. She was glad that Anton had made it durable enough to sustain a melee with the stock, but that was not her idea.

Lunatics. Depraved lunatics. Shout random words and ill-conceived vexes of the mind.
Kill him. Make it swift. Painless.
Stay your hand. He may be under influence.

But she didn't listen to that. Her arm was half-poised into the firing position until-
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/url]

You run crying to the ship and hide in the armory.
Feyri turned her head at the sound. Tears. Pain.

Sorrow? She could hear the scamper of footsteps, and deep inside her fears awoke.

"Grate! Wait, don't run, I-.." was all she managed to say before realizing the totality of what she had done. Her words came back in a torrent as the memory flashed back in a vivid nightmare.

She relaxed her grip, and nearly let the Gungnir fall out of her hands.

What was becoming of her?

"I'm..S-sorry"

Run.

Run anywhere. Anywhere away from the ship. Just run someplace wherein I won't hear any of these people. Even away from the ship-into open ground into somewhere concealed. I don't care at this point. Just anyplace not here.

You run out onto the gangway and then up onto the support cage, up a ladder and then far down one of the catwalks until you come to a dead end. You're too far down the length of the cage to see the gangway, though you have a great view of the ship's sunken engines.

Ok, someone already overshot and fucked themselves and possibly the team on that door. But they did at least succeed on unlocking it.

I'm really tempted to have you try to completely needlessly rip that door away. I can feel the overshoot in my bones....GRRRRR I'll be nice. Lets roll to see what you would have gotten though.

[4+1+1]
I knew it.

"Crap. Am I getting interference from somewhere? I just made these things!"

Take one of the drones, make sure the modified OS is actually running. Then try again.
[aux:1+1]
I kid you not. Rolled a 1, then +1 from the dynamic bonus and then rolled a 3 on that 1/3rd chance, which means you don't get it (I check one third chances by rolling again and if you get 1 or 2, it counts).

You know what? Next turn I'm just gonna give you a 5. On  whatever single roll you use. Gotta balance out some karma here.

Quote from: Rennen
No action posted
continue to lie around and wait

You do what cats do best: Nothing.

"Gah! Stop sending your drones at me, whoever does that stuff!" ((Via radio, of course))

Stand a good distance back from the blackship in cover, grabbing a buddy to stick with me just in case.
You duck into cover considerably harder after hearing the announcement that the intruder alarm has been set off.

"All dead. ALL DEAD. Our collective asses are grass."
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 2101