_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938947 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #18960 on: October 02, 2013, 07:05:04 pm »

((I haven't seen a cat willingly do anything except sleep, attack me, walk on my keyboard, hide, and sometimes eat.))
((They occasionally teleport as well.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18961 on: October 02, 2013, 07:07:16 pm »

Hey, any tech users want some drones for the defensive line? Otherwise I'm just going to take the pile of them to the hanger.

Hand up to 4 drones out to the defense team, if they ask for them.

Head out with the spook group, use a couple drones to scout ahead and around corners.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18962 on: October 02, 2013, 07:08:27 pm »

((And when did Lyra get an invisible bike?))

((Cats are issued invisible bikes?))

((When she became a cat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, anyone in visual range of Lyra at the moment, say it with me: D'aaaawwww.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:11:03 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18963 on: October 02, 2013, 07:09:57 pm »

((What? It's true! Cats have no sense of modesty. Have you ever seen a cat wear clothes?... OK, I should rephrase that. Have you ever seen a cat WILLINGLY wear clothes? And shoes are then worst, they keep jumping around like they're on springs or walk funny.

Also, pounce-hug! That's always fun and adorable.))
((Hmph. You may have this point sir Paris, but rest assured that I will soon find a flaw in your ideas!
Remember this day![/vaguereference] :P))

Inquire if the AM would give
5   CamEyes implant
   Ammo:NA
   Range NA
   Description: Replaces your old seeing balls with new, high tech, electronic ones. New vision filters include: Infrared, x-ray, motion tracking, 2-10X zoom, and radiation scanning. Also, it gives you creepy, unblinking, solid black eyes. Just a heads up.
as a modification to the suit-and by that, to the visor instead of as an external add-on.

((I haven't seen a cat willingly do anything except sleep, attack me, walk on my keyboard, hide, and sometimes eat.))
((You're seeing it wrong. :p))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18964 on: October 02, 2013, 07:15:03 pm »

(They mean this bike, Tir, GWG. :P Jesus Christ, you two are on the internet, you should know this by now.

...And after Jim gets done being confused why Lyra would willingly stop being a human, she's going to get scratched behind the ears and possibly carried around. Just saying. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18965 on: October 02, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »

((Ok I think I missed something, is Grate from the same time period as STEPHEN HAWKING?
Actually I think I need some extra backstory on ALOT of things. Like the "subjective/objective" time thing, it was mentioned that time is basically messed up in the ER verse and I would like to have a better picture of that so STEPHEN HAWKING can take credit for that.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18966 on: October 02, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »

((Ok I think I missed something, is Grate from the same time period as STEPHEN HAWKING?
Actually I think I need some extra backstory on ALOT of things. Like the "subjective/objective" time thing, it was mentioned that time is basically messed up in the ER verse and I would like to have a better picture of that so STEPHEN HAWKING can take credit for that.))

((Basically, ER FTL=Time Travel in one direction only. A brilliant way to subvert the horrific casualty of causality implied with most FTL systems, having it only be FTL for those who are using it, the rest of the universe seeing things as they should be. To the casual observer, a ship using FTL to go between 2 systems 5 lightyears apart takes 5 years, but to an observer on the ship, the transfer is instant. Hence, objective is a casual observer, subjective is the observer aboard the ship.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18967 on: October 02, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »

((Basically, ER FTL=Time Travel in one direction only. A brilliant way to subvert the horrific casualty of causality implied with most FTL systems, having it only be FTL for those who are using it, the rest of the universe seeing things as they should be. To the casual observer, a ship using FTL to go between 2 systems 5 lightyears apart takes 5 years, but to an observer on the ship, the transfer is instant. Hence, objective is a casual observer, subjective is the observer aboard the ship.))
((Ah. Now see, this is the kind of thing I'm missing. I truly believed that something had happened to fundamentally break physics across the universe, not that it was just a side-effect of going really really fast.
Also I am now disappointed STEPHEN HAWKING can't take credit for fundamentally breaking physics across the universe.))

Indeed, I do this.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18968 on: October 02, 2013, 07:26:04 pm »

(Grate's from some time period. It's not really established when anyone is from. Technically the absolute youngest person is Jim, as subjectively speaking he's less than a year old. Objectively speaking, he could actually be the oldest; we have no way of knowing.

Or to put it another way, objective time is what the universe experiences while we're hopping from place to place and existing, subjective time is what we as characters actually experience. Objective time has been at least one or two hundred years, while subjective time - not counting the inmates on the year-long mission - has been roughly something like six months, maybe?

...ninja'd.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18969 on: October 02, 2013, 07:28:50 pm »

Head into the barracks, remove the armor, if it's on, then spray it down carefully. Then put it back on and head to the sniper post to await contact.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18970 on: October 02, 2013, 07:29:04 pm »

((Ah. Now see, this is the kind of thing I'm missing. I truly believed that something had happened to fundamentally break physics across the universe, not that it was just a side-effect of going really really fast.
Also I am now disappointed STEPHEN HAWKING can't take credit for fundamentally breaking physics across the universe.))
((He kinda can, since he apparently broke a hole in space and time in order to get onto the Sword in the first place.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18971 on: October 02, 2013, 07:34:17 pm »

Also, anyone in visual range of Lyra at the moment, say it with me: D'aaaawwww.))
((Which reminds me. Is the AM anywhere near where Lyra is pounce-hugging Lyra?))

((Oh, and there is no objective time.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18972 on: October 02, 2013, 07:39:17 pm »

((He kinda can, since he apparently broke a hole in space and time in order to get onto the Sword in the first place.))
((My personal canon for him goes something like this: The STEPHEN HAWKING interacting with everyone on the Sword I.E. the one I'm playing is the physicist from modern day. He didn't actually invent time travel or FTL yet, or actually ANY of the things he claims to have invented, I.E. EVERYTHING EVER. However there is a FUTURE STEPHEN HAWKING who is basically the "Chuck Norris Mimetic Badassed" version of "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING, and that is the one who sent his past self to the Sword, probably through FTL (which he invented) and FUTURE!STEPHEN HAWKING is the person who invented everything, including time travel, which he used to travel to the past, invent the universe and basically everything.
The reason "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING "remembers" inventing all these things and such is that the FUTURE versions personality is slowly bleeding into his brain, through some weird thing he undoubtedly invented. Possibly the same thing that made "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING regain his walking and such.))

Indeed, I do this.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18973 on: October 02, 2013, 07:40:49 pm »

((Oh, and there is no objective time.))

((Pretty sure God actively measures out objective time.

YEAH, TIME FOR THAT ARGUMENT.

Or you know, Lyra kitty.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18974 on: October 02, 2013, 07:41:57 pm »

((My personal canon for him goes something like this: The STEPHEN HAWKING interacting with everyone on the Sword I.E. the one I'm playing is the physicist from modern day. He didn't actually invent time travel or FTL yet, or actually ANY of the things he claims to have invented, I.E. EVERYTHING EVER. However there is a FUTURE STEPHEN HAWKING who is basically the "Chuck Norris Mimetic Badassed" version of "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING, and that is the one who sent his past self to the Sword, probably through FTL (which he invented) and FUTURE!STEPHEN HAWKING is the person who invented everything, including time travel, which he used to travel to the past, invent the universe and basically everything.
The reason "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING "remembers" inventing all these things and such is that the FUTURE versions personality is slowly bleeding into his brain, through some weird thing he undoubtedly invented. Possibly the same thing that made "normal" STEPHEN HAWKING regain his walking and such.))

((Or, as everyone else in-character believes, stasis dementia.))
Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 2101