_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923758 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17640 on: September 13, 2013, 12:57:56 am »

((I'm not sure what would happen if you threw a dart with a k-amp on the front, though.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17641 on: September 13, 2013, 01:11:06 am »

((I am sure it would hurt badly, someone designed a crossbow which used memory metal to fire and reload quickly and well, and then put amps on the tips of the bolts, it was only in sim but it was powerful))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #17642 on: September 13, 2013, 02:22:30 am »

((What do you mean you don't understand.....? I was looking for some 4-5 token invisibility options))
"So what have you got that allows me to move although slowly most likely and for 4-5 tokens that doesn't have me worrying about power consumption... meta-materials maybe?"
Checkout options (can I have a list with pros/cons or something?)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17643 on: September 13, 2013, 03:05:22 am »

((Ok so if I'm reading the info that you guys are giving me right then that means I can't throw things with a kinetic amp? Also I never expected to put it on a sword, I only took the sword because, well why the hell not?
((You can "throw" things with a kinetic amp in the same way that a golfer "throws" the golfball. It squares the kinetic energy. If you are in constant contact with the thing you're throwing, the relative kinetic energy is minimal, so it'll augment the toss, but only very very marginally. If you let the kinetic energy build up by swinging your arm, and then smack it into the object, you'll be able to toss it quite far - although the object is likely to take damage as a result. And in both cases you'll need to actually touch the object with the contact plate, so you'd have to wear that glove the other way, on the inside of your hand.

Would give a whole new meaning to "armor piercing slap". :P))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:07:49 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17644 on: September 13, 2013, 03:16:50 am »

((Ok so if I'm reading the info that you guys are giving me right then that means I can't throw things with a kinetic amp? Also I never expected to put it on a sword, I only took the sword because, well why the hell not?
((You can "throw" things with a kinetic amp in the same way that a golfer "throws" the golfball. It squares the kinetic energy. If you are in constant contact with the thing you're throwing, the relative kinetic energy is minimal, so it'll augment the toss, but only very very marginally. If you let the kinetic energy build up by swinging your arm, and then smack it into the object, you'll be able to toss it quite far - although the object is likely to take damage as a result. And in both cases you'll need to actually touch the object with the contact plate, so you'd have to wear that glove the other way, on the inside of your hand.

((When is the last time youve seen a golfer impale someone by hitting a spear with his 9 iron?
Apples and oranges mate :P))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17645 on: September 13, 2013, 03:21:25 am »

((When is the last time youve seen a golfer impale someone by hitting a spear with his 9 iron?
Apples and oranges mate :P))
((Kinetic-amped spear golfing. I must find that channel when the TV is back online.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17646 on: September 13, 2013, 03:40:21 am »

((Now I wish I'd made that my character.  Or at least the most awesome game of tennis in history.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17647 on: September 13, 2013, 03:52:25 am »

Lukas broadcasts a message to everyone on the ship:

"Is there any talented artist around that wants to give me a paint job?"

((That sounds weird))

"I want it to look intimidating, but I'm not good at coming up with specific ideas myself, so you'll have some artistic freedom. If you suck at painting, don't bother to respond."

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17648 on: September 13, 2013, 04:00:11 am »

((Look in the Exotic Weapons section of the Original Thread, which is now the first Mission Thread, for the available genetic therapies you can get. I'm certain you can get more than just those, but you'll have to ask the doctor about that and how much they cost, and you may have to take a chance with trusting the Doctor when he messes with your biology.

What mine do is basically this: The fibroblast enhancement therapy let's you heal quickly and perfectly, so you never have to miss a mission due to injury and you'll never have any scars (as long as you can eat enough or get enough biomass to fuel the regeneration), as well as reducing the amount of bleeding you'll suffer from injuries.

The Trauma Partition Membrane therapies eliminate almost all sensation of pain, stops all bleeding no matter what injuries I get, protect me from suffering shock and this lets me keep going unless almost all of me is turned into hamburger.

Of course, you have to not be in a robot body to have these as options for you. There are upsides and downsides to being mostly human compared to being mostly robot. And you might want to remember that going through the process of the therapies is PAINFUL and requires an endurance roll.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17649 on: September 13, 2013, 04:06:36 am »

((Ahh now that reminds me of what I should've bought. Hint.

Buy those therapies >_>))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17650 on: September 13, 2013, 04:13:51 am »

((I wonder if i can get a dynamic aux roll for painting you by practicing in vr))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17651 on: September 13, 2013, 04:15:00 am »

((A good idea I thought of was putting a kinetic amp behind the head of the spear for extra pain- which seems to agree with the physics, but also could result in the head of the spear flying off if it hits too soft a target. Maybe add some springs on either side, and it's a go.
Anyone tested something similar in VR?))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17652 on: September 13, 2013, 04:19:39 am »

((Someone mentioned shaped charges?
WARNING STUPID PLAN:
1. Obtain bigass nuke. 1 megaton or whatever.
2. Encase it in a sturdy-ass shell thing with kinetic amp stamps all facing one way lining it.
3. Set off bomb.
4.Watch as your nuke tunnels through the nearest mountain.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17653 on: September 13, 2013, 04:26:49 am »

(( I don't remember, but the idea comes up pretty consistently. I think the general consensus from PW has been 'I don't think you quite understand how this works, it would be far more effective to just tape the kinetic amp to the end of the stick' :P

And I actually like Sean's golfing analogy, as it both helps describe *how* you have to hit something with a kinetic amp in order to throw that item, and what sorts of things you can throw this way. In order to launch a spear with a kinetic amp, you'd have to hit it like you'd hit a golf ball : from the rear, in the direction you want it to go. There are ways to do that (I'm thinking something kind of like an old revolver, with a kinetic amp on the hammer) but it isn't a matter of 'wield kinetic amp, throw spear'. Even the 'amp on a spear' method is kind of weird. I mean, it works, but it's expensive and necessarily throws an incredibly destructive weapon into your enemies hands, assuming there's more than one of them and they aren't standing in a line :P

And Xan... um... I don't think I want to know if that would work... I expect it might, since we know that the amps can be used to generate shockwaves...))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17654 on: September 13, 2013, 04:29:26 am »

((My stupidity logic goes like so:
-kinetic amps square any kinetic energy that comes into contact with them
-nukes have really high kinetic energy
-we need to find out how to combine the two))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 2101