_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929651 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15495 on: August 06, 2013, 04:32:27 pm »

(( So short version, my upgrades are complete and I'm locked in a room with no visible door. ))

" Hey? Somebody mind building a door into this thing. "

Continue firing until the wall collapse if speaking fails. See if the arm has any other features or can fire more powerfully.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15496 on: August 07, 2013, 12:45:38 pm »

hmm.  Examine the helmet.  After doing so, finish the smoke and then don the suit.
The helmet can best be described as an upside down metal bucket with a clear visor covered by a metal faceplate that can be raised or lowered. The inside of the faceplate has a video screen that connects to cameras on the exterior of the helmet. You can't see where the computer is exactly, but you would assume it's on the back of the head, inside the helmet's structure.

"All natural, huh? Applies to a loooot of things..."
Continue watching. Maybe its just a not-so-stealthy advertisement between more important reports.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
The benefits include bright, shiny teeth and a fresh new layer of mouth cells after the old one sloughs off.

Head to R&D.
You wander down the hall, following the signs till you find the R&D section. It's basically a giant, closed,vault like door with a small kiosk next to it. There's a man in the kiosk and another man standing around against the wall nearby. The loitering one is standing next to a large box and looks sorta shady.

If they won't notice before it's too late, prep a shot to take out as many as possible by swinging the rifle. If they will notice, get to better cover and then prep a shot. If they all start to leave, take out as many as possible, starting at the back.
[con:4+2]
You expend your entire battery sweeping the laser slowly up the crowd of surprised men, eliciting gurgling screams and sprays of boiling gore. The simulation ends rather abruptly as the men, now in two distinct pieces, thud down the stairs and land in a pile near the opening the cut.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: August 07, 2013, 02:05:50 pm »

((Sorry about herping the derp.))

Back to the spot with the men, check if they are still there.

"Hey there, any advances so far?" Milno asked as he approached the maintenance guys, pretending to take another look at whatever it was they were fixing while keeping a safe distance and giving a frustrated frown. "Got all the way down here just to notice I got the wrong box. Gotta get the right one quick before I get in trouble." he said, the last part sounding quieter, almost a conspiratorial whisper.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: August 07, 2013, 02:52:30 pm »

"Okay, biology was never really my strongest suit, but I'm pretty sure there's more than one type of cell in a mouth."
Continue heckling the advertisnews. See if actual news are coming up.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: August 07, 2013, 04:26:17 pm »

Ask the nearest person where the fuck I am.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: August 07, 2013, 07:20:30 pm »

Duck into some cover, try and remember how long the recharger backpack would take for it to get back up to enough energy to kill someone. Grab one of their weapons, just to be safe.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: August 08, 2013, 03:01:10 am »

Hmm.  Zis is going to take some more effort.  Maybe when I can be pretty sure I won't break the thing that keeps me alive in space.  Perhaps someone else is up now.

Put suit away, get deck of cards from AM, ask her if there is a summary available of some of the recent missions the group has been on.  Then, proceed to the rec room, and idle there playing solataire cribbage and reading some of the notes.  ((I'm going away for a few days, but this should be the last absence for quite some time.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15502 on: August 08, 2013, 01:32:22 pm »

((Sorry about herping the derp.))

Back to the spot with the men, check if they are still there.

"Hey there, any advances so far?" Milno asked as he approached the maintenance guys, pretending to take another look at whatever it was they were fixing while keeping a safe distance and giving a frustrated frown. "Got all the way down here just to notice I got the wrong box. Gotta get the right one quick before I get in trouble." he said, the last part sounding quieter, almost a conspiratorial whisper.
The man only seem to be half listening, too busy with their own work, arguing amongst themselves about which wire is right. You tip your hat and keep walking until you reach the door that leads back into the building proper. You're not sure how much longer until the bomb blows- you didn't check your watch when you set it-but you figure you've still got a good bit of time.

"Okay, biology was never really my strongest suit, but I'm pretty sure there's more than one type of cell in a mouth."
Continue heckling the advertisnews. See if actual news are coming up.

You begin screaming "Heck" at the tv until it displays actual news. This time it's a story about how some people claim that certain magistars abuse their power.The story ends about halfway through with a sudden cut to commercials.

The nearest person is the guy with the box.

"A spaceship. Not important though. Wanna buy something? Quality alien goods, anomalous artifacts and various high tech junks."

He points down at the capsules in the box.

"Come on. Just a few tokens. You might just get lucky and win the "Get out of death troop" free card."

Duck into some cover, try and remember how long the recharger backpack would take for it to get back up to enough energy to kill someone. Grab one of their weapons, just to be safe.

Quote from: The last turn again, emphasis added
[con:4+2]
You expend your entire battery sweeping the laser slowly up the crowd of surprised men, eliciting gurgling screams and sprays of boiling gore. The simulation ends rather abruptly as the men, now in two distinct pieces, thud down the stairs and land in a pile near the opening the cut.

Hmm.  Zis is going to take some more effort.  Maybe when I can be pretty sure I won't break the thing that keeps me alive in space.  Perhaps someone else is up now.

Put suit away, get deck of cards from AM, ask her if there is a summary available of some of the recent missions the group has been on.  Then, proceed to the rec room, and idle there playing solataire cribbage and reading some of the notes.  ((I'm going away for a few days, but this should be the last absence for quite some time.))
You get the deck of cards, but rather then notes the armory master tells you that there's a VR program for watching the Missions or even trying them yourself.  You thank her and go play strip solitaire in the rec room.

It is a very depressing game.

(( So short version, my upgrades are complete and I'm locked in a room with no visible door. ))

" Hey? Somebody mind building a door into this thing. "

Continue firing until the wall collapse if speaking fails. See if the arm has any other features or can fire more powerfully.

"There is a door." Someone speaks over speakers that must be hidden somewhere in room, "You just have to find it. Shooting won't help. But if you find your way out, you'll get something new."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: August 08, 2013, 01:42:25 pm »

Leave base, use the activation code as soon as standing a safe, good distance away from the place.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: August 08, 2013, 01:53:12 pm »

"And thus the HMRC grows."
Let the TV run, return to VR. Empty duel. If possible, add an amp expert as an instructor, leave it to the instructor to develop the workout/scenario for me.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: August 08, 2013, 02:17:53 pm »

"A spaceship. Not important though. Wanna buy something? Quality alien goods, anomalous artifacts and various high tech junks."

"Come on. Just a few tokens. You might just get lucky and win the "Get out of death troop" free card."
"Spaceship hmm?"
"That DOES sound unimportant. So whats this 'death troop' business you mentioned?"

((yes I do know whats going on, but Stephen doesn't, so I will be a stickler for the good roleplaying.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: August 08, 2013, 02:36:17 pm »

((Actually, I think it's assumed you get the speech in the OP of the original thread. ))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: August 08, 2013, 03:29:16 pm »

((Oh.))
Get out. Go to the AM. Get some light novels, some liquor and cigarettes..

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: August 08, 2013, 03:36:46 pm »

Extend a disk from my arm but don't fire it, drag it along the wall searching for a joint. Study the wall as I do so for any differences between section.

In short, find the door.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15509 on: August 10, 2013, 10:43:43 am »

Leave base, use the activation code as soon as standing a safe, good distance away from the place.
You stroll out of the maintenance section, keeping your hat pulled down and attempting to avoid eye contact with anyone nearby. You mentally consult your map as you walk. There are two exits near here; one left, the other right. The left one  is the one you came from; the right is a different one, but it looks smaller on the map; maybe less security.

"And thus the HMRC grows."
Let the TV run, return to VR. Empty duel. If possible, add an amp expert as an instructor, leave it to the instructor to develop the workout/scenario for me.

You just want the AM to teach ya about amps huh? Don't worry, her stuff with milno is aaaalmost done. One more turn or so, I promise.

"Spaceship hmm?"
"That DOES sound unimportant. So whats this 'death troop' business you mentioned?"

((yes I do know whats going on, but Stephen doesn't, so I will be a stickler for the good roleplaying.))

"HMRC." He looks a you rather incredulously, "How long you been out? Stasis dementia didn't turn ya brain to swisscheese did it? "

((Oh.))
Get out. Go to the AM. Get some light novels, some liquor and cigarettes..
Now, when you say light novel, do you mean a novella or a Japanese Light novel? Or a novel about light? Or a novel that has a low mass? And any specific booze or Cigarettes? I know you're probably in it for the hard stuff now; alcoholism and all.

Extend a disk from my arm but don't fire it, drag it along the wall searching for a joint. Study the wall as I do so for any differences between section.

In short, find the door.

[will:6]
You extend a bladed disk and start scraping it across the wall, looking for joints or seams in the wall. You find none. So you search the floor and actually do find something; a seam that, once you've traced it's edge, appears to be some sort of hidden trap door.

Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 2101