_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933696 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15210 on: July 13, 2013, 12:39:23 am »

((For the record, Connect Four is always winnable by the first person to play.  You moved second.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15211 on: July 13, 2013, 01:31:24 am »

((You see, it's not that the little girl is unbeatable, she just always wins and never loses.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: July 13, 2013, 07:30:26 am »

((And she cheats. Or manipulates the game so she wins.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15213 on: July 13, 2013, 11:57:36 am »

Saw Pacific Rim yesterday. It's really good, you should go see it.

Just hold yourself back from nitpicking, because if you start, you won't stop. For instance, the giant robots are given no weapons and just have to punch things to death. Until we suddenly, in the last 1/4th of the movie find out that they all had swords and shit built into their arms and just decided never to use them despite the fact that they are extremely effective.

Still, its the best damn Mecha movie I've ever seen.

(I still insist that using a level select isn't cheating. :P)

"I really don't care about 99.9% of the universe. Just narrow it down to mine." Jim didn't think he was callous for saying so; he just felt it was impossible for a single entity to actually care about what happened to every other entity in the universe. What person, when one got down to the heart of it, really, truly cared about more than maybe the ten people closest to them?
The man runs a finger around the edge of his glass.

"How about a year into the future then? Long enough?"

(it's become somewhat of a running joke that the little girl is the hardest opponent in this game. I think only Jim and Lukas have beaten her; and both by cheating in one way or another.)

The little girl's next move is to stand there and berate you for losing to a 10 year old in pig tails. She calls you some very naughty names as well, including the D word.

Ahh, mon petite enfant.. it is my pleasure to lose to one so refined such as you.  Please forgive me for the transgression of raising my hand against vous.

Stay calm, and plan out the kick I want to deliver next round to the girl's knee.  How I'd need to turn to keep balance if I whiff, how I need to block her if she strikes first, etc.  (I want a dynamic bonus to the strike next round, like aiming a gun)
You very carefully plan out how you're gonna beat a small girl into submission.

Nothing crazy about that at all.

Head up top. Stay under cover. Try and determine where they're firing from.
You poke your head out just or an instant to see where they are. The ground around the tower is surrounded by what look like shipping containers of various sizes; a maze of them 360 degrees around the tower. You don't see anyone and no one is firing for the moment.
[intuition:1+1]

Hmm...where could they be....

Which one of the four paths would I need to take to make that detour?

Also, how do the voices sound? Does it seem they are moving towards me or moving at all, like a search party?

It would be the second one on the right, follow it straight, then slight right to the elevator, down two floors, through the catwalk that bisects the 30th landing bay, left past there, up a ladder two stories, then to the connecting intersection.

The voices are occasional, relaxed and stationary, from what you can tell. Two people talking; maybe working on something, maybe just hanging around, avoiding the foreman.

"What a weird flask."

Time to wake up? Otherwise, explore the core a bit more.
You wake up, since drifting mindlessly through space is only entertaining for so long.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: July 13, 2013, 12:02:14 pm »

((Sounds like the kind of movie where I would annoy any friends sitting within a seat or two of me.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: July 13, 2013, 12:04:07 pm »

"Are we talking relative time or universal time? Because the latter is useless to me. It's likely I'll spend most if not all of it in stasis as the 'Sword jumps through space. What about occasional flashes of the future - premonitions, if you will?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: July 13, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »

continue to faff about until I get a message from the AM by juggling spoons while humming the pantzerlied

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15217 on: July 13, 2013, 03:32:16 pm »

((Sounds like the kind of movie where I would annoy any friends sitting within a seat or two of me.))
It's mostly fridge logic sort of stuff. Stuff you think of later. The weapon thing is probably the biggest one.

"Are we talking relative time or universal time? Because the latter is useless to me. It's likely I'll spend most if not all of it in stasis as the 'Sword jumps through space. What about occasional flashes of the future - premonitions, if you will?"
"Subjective time, of course."

continue to faff about until I get a message from the AM by juggling spoons while humming the pantzerlied

It may be a bit for that. Since she's running the thing for Milno right now. Keep in mind you're not gonna get bonuses or anything from it, just practical knowledge.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: July 13, 2013, 03:56:18 pm »

((I'm basing my guess in part on what you said and in part on a review I read yesterday. In part on the previews and the audience I suspect they're trying to get, or more specifically how the plots of those movies tend to be.))
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: July 13, 2013, 05:16:11 pm »

"So premonitions are right out then?" If that was the case, then that meant there was no such thing as free will and choice. The whole of reality was predetermined. What use would a premonition be if there was no chance to avoid or change what was going to happen?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: July 13, 2013, 05:51:25 pm »

(Kaiju!)

Launch the kick

(I would think the bar for crazy would be higher here than the standard one.  After all, I've never lifted a giant elevator full of soldiers with my rocket-packs, while fleeing an alien Von Neumann monstrosity.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: July 14, 2013, 12:58:43 am »

Continue waiting. Drop back into the tower, listen for shots.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15222 on: July 14, 2013, 07:05:35 am »

Enter the VR, set up a random duel.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: July 14, 2013, 03:11:39 pm »

((Recently had my birthday, got the flu as my gift. Yey.))

Couldn't have been too easy.

Keeping walking towards the entrance the voices are coming from, noting any change in their tone or any noise accusing movement.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: July 14, 2013, 06:46:44 pm »

((Recently had my birthday, got the flu as my gift. Yey.))

Couldn't have been too easy.

Keeping walking towards the entrance the voices are coming from, noting any change in their tone or any noise accusing movement.

((Happy birfday. c:))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 2101