_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933511 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15165 on: July 09, 2013, 06:00:06 am »

(I suppose that would make Feyri into Vanille, then. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15166 on: July 09, 2013, 11:42:18 am »

Duck down behind cover. Head down into the tower. Look for something that could be used as a decoy.

You don't find anything in the tower that could be used as a decoy, at least not a very effective one. There's plenty of random crap down here, but about the best you could do is sticking your suit on a pole and waving it around.

As you search you can hear Gauss rounds clang against the upper level of the tower, tearing into the thin metal of the awning over the upper most terrace.

"Now that's more like it."

Enjoy the stellar activity.
You watch the binary star twist and rotate in it's strange, semi-connected fashion; tracing a twisting braid of light through the star spattered heavens. Time moves unpredictably; you vaguely realize that thousands of years must be  passing.

Jim looks around the exterior of the bar, then heads in and looks around the interior of the bar.

The bar itself is just a big black rectangle covered in red neon. You're not sure what it's made out of, it's smooth and cool like metal, but doesn't feel metallic. There's nothing interesting about the outside, so you head inside. The innards of the bar are much like the outside; red and black,and neon lit. It more resembles a diner with an attached bar; rows of black booths with red leather upholstery line the walls and black metal tables are scattered through the otherwise empty center. It smells of smoke and the lights-red like the ones outside- are dim. Music is playing, and it sounds a bit like this.

There are only two people in the place; The bartender and a man sitting in a booth in the very back corner. The bartender is a skinny, pale man; shivering in his uniform and staring with wide eyes down at the surface of the bar. The man in back is staring out what you can now tell are windows-tinted so heavily on the outside that they blend into the solid black surface. He's an older looking man, but very attractive none the less, and wearing a sort of casual, tie-less suit. There's a decanter of dark liquid at his table and he's holding an empty glass in one hand.

Hmm..  fair enough.  I was more wondering the lack of laser-guided munitions.  In any case, I'd like to try some of this stuff out before making any decisions.  Is there a shooting range somewhere?
"Not a real one; but the VR machines function as one. Down the hall, in the rec room." She gestures with a jerk of her thumb.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15167 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:40 am »

Head to rec room.  keep low and out of sight of any combats.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: July 09, 2013, 12:12:44 pm »

Go search for other interesting systems.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15169 on: July 09, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »

Lock the doors. Check what all is in the tower, including furniture like stoves and couches.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15170 on: July 09, 2013, 02:26:10 pm »

Jim looks at himself to ascertain his form. If he's his human form, he'll approach the bartender and ask about the kind of drinks they serve here and what this place is; if not, he'll approach the bartender and ask what/where this place is.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15171 on: July 09, 2013, 08:03:17 pm »

(I believe so, yeah. I had the extra arms on my robot body for a bit, then I got the synthflesh body and had them transferred over. I'm semi-seriously considering another pair of arms. >.>)
((Have you considered thereafter adding adhesive/Van der Waals pads to your limbs and some sort of chemical sprayer loaded with an entangling, webby substance in your lower back?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15172 on: July 09, 2013, 08:29:24 pm »

(I'd put it in my wrists instead and just be that Doppelganger guy, I think his name was. He hung out with Shriek during Maximum Carnage, anyway. :P)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15173 on: July 09, 2013, 08:50:51 pm »

((I am surprised that no one has prototyped gecko gloves and started climbing on everything))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15174 on: July 10, 2013, 11:31:28 am »

Head to rec room.  keep low and out of sight of any combats.

You get on your belly and commando crawl the entire way to the rec room. You don't think anyone sees you, if only because the place seems practically deserted. The only people you see on your trek there-not counting the one in the armory with you- are all already plugged into the VR machines. Well, there's also some guy over on the couch, passed out and twitching a bit; but you're pretty  sure he's not gonna blow your cover.

Go search for other interesting systems.
You drift off from the metallic core of the gas giant and out toward places unknown. As you drift, you notice something. A black patch in the sky; a place where no stars reside. It's getting bigger.

Lock the doors. Check what all is in the tower, including furniture like stoves and couches.
The doors are already sealed; welded shut actually. The tower itself is a guard tower of sorts and doesn't contain much at all; save for a small rest area about half way up. It's just a platform with a bed, wooden chair and a few books and magazines next to a lamp. Down on the bottom floor is a stack of wood with a saw, a box of nails and a hammer, and a wooden crate.

Jim looks at himself to ascertain his form. If he's his human form, he'll approach the bartender and ask about the kind of drinks they serve here and what this place is; if not, he'll approach the bartender and ask what/where this place is.
You look down. No pale white synthflesh, just the normal, pinkish stuff.

You saunter over and lean on the bar, staying a few feet from the bartender who is still oblivious to your existence.

"Hey, what drinks you got?"

The Bartender looks up and blinks his wide, watery eyes. His mouth hangs open for a moment before he answers, a black hole in pale flesh pulled too tight over a thin face.

"A...a..all that yo..you see.." He stammers, jerkily gesturing to a wall covered in bottles behind him.

The bottles are all quite old and ornate looking, filled with various liquids-dark brown formaldehyde and bright blue anti-freeze and thickening, coagulated reds, and fiery oranges, and greens like radioactive snake venom. Some seem to have things floating in them. None of the bottles have labels or prices.

You scratch your chin. "What kind of place is this anyways?"

"An..an Unusual one.."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15175 on: July 10, 2013, 12:03:32 pm »

I wonder what his problem is... eh, it's no concern of mine I guess.

Jim points at a red drink and a blue drink at random. "Let's try mixing those, shall we? And can you tell me anything about that guy over there?"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15176 on: July 10, 2013, 02:04:15 pm »

Move away from that starless patch. I'm here to see stars, not the lack thereof.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15177 on: July 10, 2013, 03:12:22 pm »

Pull/saw the crate apart, then put nails on one side of the board for use as an emergency bludgeoning tool. Check on the top of the tower quickly. How bright and hot does the lamp get?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15178 on: July 10, 2013, 03:21:19 pm »

Hmm, clearly there is something going on here..

Go over to VR units, use an unoccupied one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15179 on: July 10, 2013, 06:37:47 pm »

I wonder what his problem is... eh, it's no concern of mine I guess.

Jim points at a red drink and a blue drink at random. "Let's try mixing those, shall we? And can you tell me anything about that guy over there?"
"He...he is a..supplier. F..fffinds what you need...for a. p.p.price."

The bartender carefully places the two bottles down on the bar and slips a crystal tumbler between the bottles and towards you.

Move away from that starless patch. I'm here to see stars, not the lack thereof.
You float away and deeper in towards the stellar glob of the galactic center. The stars here are trapped in a storm of unpredictable gravity tearing free of orbits and drifting like wayward marbles across a black granite.

Pull/saw the crate apart, then put nails on one side of the board for use as an emergency bludgeoning tool. Check on the top of the tower quickly. How bright and hot does the lamp get?

[handi:6-1]
You successfully pound out a nail-board. That done, you check the lamp. It's an ordinary floor lamp, so it gets hot enough that putting the lit bulb on your face stings, but it's not gonna do anything beyond that.

You climb the ladder back up towards the top of the tower and stop just before exiting onto the little covered, walled area on the roof. It will offer some protection, but you wouldn't want to bet your life on its walls.

Hmm, clearly there is something going on here..

Go over to VR units, use an unoccupied one.
You hop into one of the unused VR units. After taking a few minutes to figure out how to put on the helmet, gloves and IV, you manage to boot it up and get to the menu.

>Battle of Hexbarax
>Punch Many things
>Poacher
>Tinker
>Duel

Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 2101